Is There A Point In Having A Female Best Friend?

Options
1235»

Comments

• The_Hamburger
    The_Hamburger Members Posts: 136
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if she aint giving you the muffin.... she aint nothin.....
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    1st:your statement: "I walk in a club wit 2 of my homegirls it makes it THAT much easier to bag." thats basically saying im befriending women, going to clubs with them so it can be easier to "bag chicks" which sounds ? if you dont bag any regardless...and go home with two girls that you wont ? .....yea thats the life
    2nd: Any girl that is single and knows you that well if she is not your wife...or you dont even attempt to wife her...she is either ridiculously ugly...or crazy as ? ...or you are ? ...or you LOST because there is no reason to spend that much time with anyone that isnt your sister/female relative and make them your best friend unless you are intending on wifing her or ? her.....if you are just her male girlfriend and you cool with it...go ahead...but the thread said is there a point? NO

as for me?...I dont need men or females for any "emotional" support...I can do that ? on my own...and if it really comes to it...I have relatives...thats what they are there for....anyone else is an aquaintance...and thats where it ends....I have dudes that I grew up with...and its only 3 total that I actually give a damn about and they are all men that can think for themselves and dont need a female Best friend to give advice on females with....there really is no reason to be best friends with a woman that wont give u sex/and or anything else beneficial for a NON ? ? ......unless you want to be taken advantage of emotionally because thats exactly what shes doing to you without telling you in your face

I said it made it easier...based on the nature of females to be more attracted to men around women. I DID NOT say that was my reasoning for be-friending them. Again, Ur reaching. I see ur point, i just dont think its as black and white as you making it. Sometimes you just cool wit a female...that you dont want to ? . Maybe she's not crazy, she might be funny and you just not attracted. That dont mean Im spending all my time around her. You're projecting ur idea of what a "best friend" is on me. I dont move like that fammo.

With ur logic, there's no point to having friends period, especially males. So why u out here befriending dudes who cant give u any ? or put u onto some money. U sound immature dude. It aint that serious.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unless she was someone I was cool with from childhood then no. Occasionally it doesn't hurt to have an unbiased female opinion, but for the most part if we aren't f*cking then you aren't nothing. Most females I know don't like sports and generally are not into the same sh*t I'm into so no there is really no point of us being platonic friends. Unless she is totally unattractive with a ? poor attitude then I'm going to want to get in those guts eventually real talk. There isn't really any such thing as a platonic friend. In most cases one of the parties wants more. There are the rare situation that are an exception but this holds true for most.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Unless she was someone I was cool with from childhood then no. Occasionally it doesn't hurt to have an unbiased female opinion, but for the most part if we aren't f*cking then you aren't nothing. Most females I know don't like sports and generally are not into the same sh*t I'm into so no there is really no point of us being platonic friends. Unless she is totally unattractive with a ? poor attitude then I'm going to want to get in those guts eventually real talk. There isn't really any such thing as a platonic friend. In most cases one of the parties wants more. There are the rare situation that are an exception but this holds true for most.

I agree with you. My female friend Ive known since 12. But we used to deal with each other so we have a certain vibe.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    I said it made it easier...based on the nature of females to be more attracted to men around women. I DID NOT say that was my reasoning for be-friending them. Again, Ur reaching. I see ur point, i just dont think its as black and white as you making it. Sometimes you just cool wit a female...that you dont want to ? . Maybe she's not crazy, she might be funny and you just not attracted. That dont mean Im spending all my time around her. You're projecting ur idea of what a "best friend" is on me. I dont move like that fammo.

With ur logic, there's no point to having friends period, especially males. So why u out here befriending dudes who cant give u any ? or put u onto some money. U sound immature dude. It aint that serious.

co-sign. I don't see what the problem is with having a female best friend to just kick it with no-strings attached but then again some of these dudes logic on here is like some twilight zone ? . Every female they comes along in you're life doesn't mean you have to slide yo stick in her. Truth be told in dealing with certain people some things are best left alone the way they are.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    co-sign. I don't see what the problem is with having a female best friend to just kick it with no-strings attached but then again some of these dudes logic on here is like some twilight zone ? . Every female they comes along in you're life doesn't mean you have to stick yo stick in her. Truth be told in some in dealing with certain people some things are best left alone the way they are.

I can tell these dudes never got that call that food was ready, on the stove from a female friend. They come in handy
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ccluvsau wrote: »
    Are you asking her for advice?

Most guy friends ask something like "What does it mean when yall say XXXXXX?" "What should I get her for her bday?" "my girl been feeling down I don't know what to do"
    Stuff like that.

I concur with this statement.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I can tell these dudes never got that call that food was ready, on the stove from a female friend. They come in handy

Exactly my point somewhere along the line it's beneficial to have a friend friend that be on the look out when and if necessary.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm a little confused in here. If you have a full time job...how are y'all still carrying on social friendships with folks? Like how are y'all able to "hang out in social surroundings" with your female best friend in order to get other females "jealous." That's some high school ? that you did in the cafeteria or at the college parties.

And you seriously take an L in life if you're over the age of 21 and still calling your female friends to ask for advice that doesn't involve a gift.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited September 2010
    Options

im just gonna chalk it up to us being different people with different views on life because I really truly see no point in being a BEST FRIEND with any woman that is attractive that im not ? /or dating....? makes no sense...I dont need her for anything that comes with going through life experiences...if its that serious to me I ask my family..or people I know think logically in a way where theres no estrogen ? up the answer....a grown man asking a woman for advice on women is different from a grown man chilling with a girl who is his "best friend" and hes not gettin ? from her....

my logic for me is yes ultimately there really isnt a point to be BEST FRIENDS with people of the opposite sex unless she is your wife/husband...ultimately that individual is supposed to be THAT...it wont look right getting an S/O and having that "best friend" share ? with you that the S/O who could be your wife will never have...that ? causes problems eventually....which brings my point to either make the girl an aquaintance...or get something from her....because allowing yourself to be that close to her while you cant do ? with her just makes no sense....and im not attracted to men so using them as an example is really not changing the argument...im just saying for people you are attracted to (im assuming you are attracted to her) if you a grown man best friending her ass....you are not winning
  • makaveli03
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    I'm a little confused in here. If you have a full time job...how are y'all still carrying on social friendships with folks? Like how are y'all able to "hang out in social surroundings" with your female best friend in order to get other females "jealous." That's some high school ? that you did in the cafeteria or at the college parties.

And you seriously take an L in life if you're over the age of 21 and still calling your female friends to ask for advice that doesn't involve a gift.

basically you get my point
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im just gonna chalk it up to us being different people with different views on life because I really truly see no point in being a BEST FRIEND with any woman that is attractive that im not ? /or dating....? makes no sense...I dont need her for anything that comes with going through life experiences...if its that serious to me I ask my family..or people I know think logically in a way where theres no estrogen ? up the answer....a grown man asking a woman for advice on women is different from a grown man chilling with a girl who is his "best friend" and hes not gettin ? from her....

my logic for me is yes ultimately there really isnt a point to be BEST FRIENDS with people of the opposite sex unless she is your wife/husband...ultimately that individual is supposed to be THAT...it wont look right getting an S/O and having that "best friend" share ? with you that the S/O who could be your wife will never have...that ? causes problems eventually....which brings my point to either make the girl an aquaintance...or get something from her....because allowing yourself to be that close to her while you cant do ? with her just makes no sense....and im not attracted to men so using them as an example is really not changing the argument...im just saying for people you are attracted to (im assuming you are attracted to her) if you a grown man best friending her ass....you are not winning

powerful post
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes there is. It quadruples your ? ratio. i know trut me.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i use to be against female freinds,but i change that.

1. you meet way better females through female freinds then going solo.
    alotta thirsty dime chicks wont let a solo or a group of ? holla even if he look
    good because it makes them feel easy but if u meet her through a freind she friendly as hell.
    this is how i get fine ass white girls and not those ghetto white trash or fat looking ones.

2. you learn alot pick up on they sneaky ways and learn about they complaints about men.
    to further improve my own game beyong perfection

3. when they man ? up or break up they turn to you for rebond sex

4. when hanging out, I'd wrather see some ? and ass when im partying then a gang of ?
    especially dancing and partying and ? u aint gotta be on the hunt for females to talk to u.

5. when females see other females around u they wont u that equals more ?
  • makaveli03
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i use to be against female freinds,but i change that.

1. you meet way better females through female freinds then going solo.
    alotta thirsty dime chicks wont let a solo or a group of ? holla even if he look
    good because it makes them feel easy but if u meet her through a freind she friendly as hell.
    this is how i get fine ass white girls and not those ghetto white trash or fat looking ones.

2. you learn alot pick up on they sneaky ways and learn about they complaints about men.
    to further improve my own game beyong perfection

3. when they man ? up or break up they turn to you for rebond sex
    4. when hanging out, I'd wrather see some ? and ass when im partying then a gang of ?
    especially dancing and partying and ? u aint gotta be on the hunt for females to talk to u.

5. when females see other females around u they wont u that equals more ?

what if you dont get rebound ? ?
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what if you dont get rebound ? ?

u can get rebound sex from they freinds who going through problems.

pluss all the other ? u get through networking.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes it does, other then getting a female perspective on things, having a female friend gets you more ? then just having guy friends. All girls have cute friends, so being friends with girls will always get you more ? .
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My homegirl is the GOAT. She's hooked me up with a couple of broads, always has food and drank at her house and she's even "break glass in case of emergency" ?
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My homegirl is the GOAT. She's hooked me up with a couple of broads, always has food and drank at her house and she's even "break glass in case of emergency" ?

Hahaha That's whats up