EVERYBODY KNOWS IT AINT TRICKIN IF YOU GOT IT: a message to "ballin" rappers

Options
thinkerofchange
thinkerofchange Members Posts: 3
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
we all have been watching the news and are aware of the great devastation that has been going on in haiti. it is something that is very painful and hard to watch. as i follow the organizations and the efforts of those donating and providing relief to our fellow brothers and sisters, i began to wonder to myself..........WHERE ALL ARE THE BALLERS AT???? so many rappers make songs about making it rain and having money for days, but in times like this, you hear nothing. dont get me wrong, i am not saying that no rappers have donated,because i dont know the specifics of who gave and who didnt. my point is,so many rappers are in the spotlight for having the newest car, the biggest house,the biggest chain, the coldest wrist, the flyest girls, the largest rims, the most stacks, and the list of vanity goes on and on....................but you never see many of them during hard times. you rappers challenge each other on who has the of best of those things that depreciate,why are you not challenging each other to make a lasting impression for those in not just in haiti,but for those in general who are struggling?????????????? true "ballin" is endlessly giving to those in need, not just for photo-ops or to keep your name out of scandals.true "ballin" is each of you rappers taking what you would spend on one necklace and giving to those who desperately need it. Making it rain????????? why not shower, or at least sprinkle, some hope on our suffering brothers and sisters. why not splurge on those who need to see and feel something other than poverty and desolation. how are you "ballin" if you would throw away money before extending aid????????????? why not help??????? IT AINT TRICKIN IF YOU GOT IT, right????????

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They're as lost as the white people who orchestrate their music.
  • thinkerofchange
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this applies to all rappers, no particular color
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe just maybe they don't want to donate their money?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Many rappers have donated actually. Twista, Jay-Z, and Wyclef are the few who come in mind. But many people donate, just not everyone wants to turn it into a publicity thing. Not that theres anything wrong with publicizing your donations, but many are just private people. Nothing wrong with that.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why not argue for the strippers they make it rain on to donate that money?
  • thinkerofchange
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as i stated in my article, i dont know the specifics of who gave and who didnt, i am just confused on why SOME rappers thinks its ok to publicly flaunt the way they throw away money, but when its time to donate, they would like to be modest
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Generosity and good will does not appeal to the youth like pouring champagne on superhead in a rap video... So as a business person what would you rather be seen doing on TV?
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if you help everybody you'll be broke in a split second. there are always people in need in the world, so who can say that the earthquake in Haiti made Haitians more needy than anyone else. Millions of people (before Haitian earthquake) lacked clean drinking water, lacked food, lacked shelter; girls being exploited for sex all around the world, soldiers losing limbs in war. Too many causes for anyone to try and help them all
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For the record, rappers are more likely to help than those racists ? on wall street who have twice the money.....not making an excuse, I'm just saying....
  • T-MANN
    T-MANN Members Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why are u just one rappers...what about the nba,nfl,baseball and who the hell ever...why rappers they do not make that much...what about the rich actors that get on tv ask broke people to give....