random thought

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Quite Comical
i was watching the trailer from the thor movie and i started thinking...

in the superhero univereses....

there's always something happeneing that threatens the entire world, and the hero is all by themselves trying to stop it...

how come they don't help eachother more often?

like thinking about the fantastic four movies....... where the hell was everybody else in the marvel universe?

just chillling on vacation while the silver surfer tried to destroy the planet?

and the xmen movies where phoneix was wrekcing ? .....were they also chilling then??

like what are the excuses?

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    they posting on the ic
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Theyre always collaberating in DC.

Plus, the answer is pretty obvious.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i was watching the trailer from the thor movie and i started thinking...

in the superhero univereses....

there's always something happeneing that threatens the entire world, and the hero is all by themselves trying to stop it...

how come they don't help eachother more often?

like thinking about the fantastic four movies....... where the hell was everybody else in the marvel universe?

just chillling on vacation while the silver surfer tried to destroy the planet?

and the xmen movies where phoneix was wrekcing ? .....were they also chilling then??

like what are the excuses?

problem with that is that the x-men, F4, and Spider-Man all belong to different movie studios, so they will never meet each other on film until the film rights all go back to marvel, which wont be for a long time. iron man, hulk, thor, avengers film rights belong to marvel studios.
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    problem with that is that the x-men, F4, and Spider-Man all belong to different movie studios, so they will never meet each other on film until the film rights all go back to marvel, which wont be for a long time. iron man, hulk, thor, avengers film rights belong to marvel studios.

Are they allowed to make animated movies with all the characters?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Are they allowed to make animated movies with all the characters?

thats a good question. ima say yes, because ff4, xmen, spidey all come together in superhero squad
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    comic book answer: the other heroes were dealing with their own(world or universe threatening)?

real life answer:copywrite issues

marvel studios answer: batman, superman and wonderwoman r 2 much of some ? to try an ? wit galactus, our own heroes knew the ff could take care of it though.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i kinda wondered that too...since some of the biggest heroes are all located in NY, why not help each other out. In the cartoons you would see spider-man on the x-men cartoon and vice-versa...on the Ultimate Spider-Man video game you had to race the human torch around Manhattan.

but i see the answer is already in here.
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Another real answer is that they want each story to be focused on one hero and maybe build a franchise of it.
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    lol @ professor x seeing the news clippings of the hulk movies on tv like

"naw yo.. let the military handle that ? "

watching the silver surfer wreck the world
    "naw yo....dr. richards all over that"

night crawler beat up some secret service men
    "get the jet ? ... we on that"
  • Chaos365
    Chaos365 Members Posts: 29
    edited January 2011
    And why are the villains (geniuses in their own right) dumb enough to always launch their attacks or build the machine thats gonna end the world right in the super hero's hometown/back yard?

If i was trying to end ? i would find the most remote part of the world and do my ? in secret.
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    your villian, your problem
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Chaos365 wrote: »
    And why are the villains (geniuses in their own right) dumb enough to always launch their attacks or build the machine thats gonna end the world right in the super hero's hometown/back yard?

If i was trying to end ? i would find the most remote part of the world and do my ? in secret.

man lex dropped one missle in nj the other in cali, and had supes dumped in a swimming pool with a kryptonite necklace on...

the ONLY reason he ain't get away with it was cuz his assistant who was cool with killing billions caught a change of hert when she found out the NJ missle was gign to her pops hometown....

? i tell ya...
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    and why does it seem like the heroes come before the villains? the super powered mufuckas wasnt tryin to rob banks and ? until these heroes existed. once some guy gets powers all these villains pop up out of nowhere
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    I always thought the same ? ....another question is why the ? some ? like or alien ? always tryna destroy earth (? must suck living in a comic book world building and cities always getting wrecked)
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    ^^^^ right like earth is that damn important.