What is the GOAT Anime Arc?

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Animania
I'll start - the Naruto Chuunin exam arc was on another level of greatness. Between Rock Lee, Neji, and Hinata, the character development was ridiculous. Shikarmaru turns his persona from lazy student to genius shinobi. You had Orochimaru turn out to be not some pesky villain, but a major threat to the Leaf Village. Kabuto coming out of nowhere pretending to be a happy-go lucky student when he was really a trained assassin. You know your jaw dropped when you saw him hang with Kakashi. Gaara was the GOAT arch-rival in this, he was murking students in the tournament like it was nothing. Sasuke developing a new technique, but Naruto saving the village, and the 4th Hokage dying. Not to mention the goat battle between Naruto and Neji. The list goes on and on.

Honorable mention - Yu Yu Hakusho Dark tournament. Greatest moment - Yusuke's final test having to absorb Genkai's spirit energy for 3 days.

Comments

• glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hunter X Hunter - Greed Island.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My favorite is the Bleach Soul Society arc.

Because up to that point, the show is basically about dude playing police officer and killing monsters.

Then he finds out, the cops can be way worse than the monsters......real ?
  • JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'll start - the Naruto Chuunin exam arc was on another level of greatness. Between Rock Lee, Neji, and Hinata, the character development was ridiculous. Shikarmaru turns his persona from lazy student to genius shinobi. You had Orochimaru turn out to be not some pesky villain, but a major threat to the Leaf Village. Kabuto coming out of nowhere pretending to be a happy-go lucky student when he was really a trained assassin. You know your jaw dropped when you saw him hang with Kakashi. Gaara was the GOAT arch-rival in this, he was murking students in the tournament like it was nothing. Sasuke developing a new technique, but Naruto saving the village, and the 4th Hokage dying. Not to mention the goat battle between Naruto and Neji. The list goes on and on.

Honorable mention - Yu Yu Hakusho Dark tournament. Greatest moment - Yusuke's final test having to absorb Genkai's spirit energy for 3 days.

I would like to add, Naruto Vs Pain Arc... simply the best.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Trigun. period. LOVE AND PEACE!!!!