fellas: how do i get rid of razor bumps/how do you properly shave?

13»

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I got some tea tree oil from walgreens. Takes care of things.....
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I have never understood the razon bump thing. Ive had a baby face for the majority of my life..though thats finally changing....so while I dont shave often when I do I never get razor bumps...and I dont use any cream or alcohol...I either use water or just hand soap.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I usually just wash my face with soap and warm water before and after I shave with a razor
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I have never understood the razon bump thing. Ive had a baby face for the majority of my life..though thats finally changing....so while I dont shave often when I do I never get razor bumps...and I dont use any cream or alcohol...I either use water or just hand soap.
    Prolly why
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    There is a commercial beauty supply I go to called Purtle, they pick up a lot of the clippers for local barbers & sharpen & return them. I just drop mine off & in the few days they call me to pick them up, sharpened & aligned.

how much and what state/city ???
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    im bout to google that ? .... cause i know for a fact my drug store doesnt have them. and the store i bought them from moved ... i guess if i get the name they will have a web site tho

the drug store i was talking about is called Kings on broadway in brooklyn but i've also seen them in those little ? stores they have under train lines that sell the dusty version of everything.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    I usually just wash my face with soap and warm water before and after I shave with a razor

what's going on with your collar? is that a hoodie with a suit jacket?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    I got some tea tree oil from walgreens. Takes care of things.....

this works also
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    binstar wrote: »
    what's going on with your collar? is that a hoodie with a suit jacket?

lol not a suit jacket just a black jacket
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if this will be as affective on the face but it is a very sensitive area so try using hair Conditioner. It works better than any shaving cream or gel and reduces irritation.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    #Kew wrote: »
    I need to learn how to shave with a razor cuz i tried and i got some razor bumps on my neck and it sucks. how do you guys shave? what do you use on your face? can somebody help me out?

magic shave smooth cream (the cream in the tube, not the powder). i've been using this for over 10 years. no razor bump issues. if i shave with a razor, it's horrible.

steps......
    apply very light layer of cocoa butter (or magic shave after shave cream with tea tree oil). massage it in your face to make the hair softer.
    wait 5 fives
    apply magic shave smooth cream
    wait 20-40 minutes
    scrap off. i use a credit card but your face may be more sensitive.
    wash face with palmers shampoo (or palmers cocoa butter soap).
    apply tea tree oil

done.
    (these steps are also good for shaving your head if you wanna rock a bald head without razor bumps)

the first step protects your face so that the magic shave doesn't burn your face, but still melts the hair off. the palmers (olive oil) shampoo washes your face without irritating it and tea tree oil moisturizing it.

yeah. a lot of ? and takes a long ass time but it's worth it. i wish i could keep it simple and shave with razors but my ? hair is course as f--k. me shaving with a razor is like sharpening knives on my face.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I use one like this.. Keeps my face super smooth without having to worry about bumps..

B001AJ8YGC-1-sm.jpg

And I use T-Blade clippers for shaping..
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    magic shave smooth cream (the cream in the tube, not the powder). i've been using this for over 10 years. no razor bump issues. if i shave with a razor, it's horrible.

steps......
    apply very light layer of cocoa butter (or magic shave after shave cream with tea tree oil). massage it in your face to make the hair softer.
    wait 5 fives
    apply magic shave smooth cream
    wait 20-40 minutes
    scrap off. i use a credit card but your face may be more sensitive.
    wash face with palmers shampoo (or palmers cocoa butter soap).
    apply tea tree oil

done.
    (these steps are also good for shaving your head if you wanna rock a bald head without razor bumps)

the first step protects your face so that the magic shave doesn't burn your face, but still melts the hair off. the palmers (olive oil) shampoo washes your face without irritating it and tea tree oil moisturizing it.

yeah. a lot of ? and takes a long ass time but it's worth it. i wish i could keep it simple and shave with razors but my ? hair is course as f--k. me shaving with a razor is like sharpening knives on my face.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ? all that ? , and get you some Tend Skin or Skin Tight
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    You leave your magic on for 20 minutes????

It starts to burn me at about 8 minutes. I once left it on a bit too long, about 12 minutes, and I had a noticeable bit of damage to my skin for a few weeks.

I've been using it with cocoa butter for about 2 years. 10 minutes is my limit
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Sh0t wrote: »
    You leave your magic on for 20 minutes????

It starts to burn me at about 8 minutes. I once left it on a bit too long, about 12 minutes, and I had a noticeable bit of damage to my skin for a few weeks.

I've been using it with cocoa butter for about 2 years. 10 minutes is my limit

yeah. for me 20 to 40 minutes, unless i let it grow out for over a week then it's quick (like 10). but for some 3-4 day growth, at least 20. you gotta gauge what works for you. i haven't had a razor bump in years, and my skin don't get ? up either now that i know how to work it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    only things I use are clippers and alcohol .......