Don't you just hate this?

allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So I came across this question from a white ? Yahoo Answers:

"Do you like white washed black guys or those gangster wanna be black douches?"

Here is her elaboration of the question:
I like white washed black guys more cuz they don't talk ghetto and they dress formally. They use complete and grammatically correct sentences to communicate.

Those are the kind of black guys that are just black on the outside, but truely white in the inside. Most of the black guys ive met try to act all badass i feel embarrassed for them.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224102513AAXNrKt

The bolded is what especially infuriates me. Where do white people get the idea from that when a black man speaks well and doesn't dress hip hop he is really white "on the inside"?

Comments

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Those are the same damn broads that think anything outside their world is "GHETTO". ? you don't know what ghetto is.

Quick story

I work in the Title side of Mortgages which uses mobile closers. There were these 2 cute (can't front) white girls, I would hear them say dumb ? like this so one day they get sent to the WestSide of town (Chicago Heads) and long story short these 2 chicks came back telling stories of how scared they were crying in their cars. ? made me laugh.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Those are the same damn broads that think anything outside their world is "GHETTO". ? you don't know what ghetto is.

Quick story

I work in the Title side of Mortgages which uses mobile closers. There were these 2 cute (can't front) white girls, I would hear them say dumb ? like this so one day they get sent to the WestSide of town (Chicago Heads) and long story short these 2 chicks came back telling stories of how scared they were crying in their cars. ? made me laugh.

damn yo aint the mortgage biz hurting how u eating fam
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

The bolded is what especially infuriates me. Where do white people get the idea from that when a black man speaks well and doesn't dress hip hop he is really white "on the inside"?
    You do realize that MANY black people think the same way right? I know, it's sad and ridiculous.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    you need to check that ? profile she straight up said she trolling...anyway now this ? right here is racist.

http://answers.yahoo.com/activity;_ylt=Amjl20zFMvSSSKO8XMboI7_sy6IX;_ylv=3?show=xcTIIdJRaa&link=fans#yan-connections

but on another note, lets be serious, you searched for that ? didnt you? ol ? ass ? wondering what white girls thinkin bout yo black ass.
  • 1of1
    edited January 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

Quick story

I mean I've heard about the West Side, but how ? ' crazy could it be to have them on some ? like that?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    No, I never assume humans are unfoolish.
  • Jinx Monetary
    Jinx Monetary Members Posts: 22
    edited January 2011
    Personally don't care. People can think what they want to; they're going to whether you prove them wrong or not.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2011
    Actually a chick in one of the answers set her straight:
    First theres no such thing as acting "white" or "black" so stop the whole stupid, ignorant and racist view of "black people who are smart, educated, dress formally, use correct grammar and dont talk ghetto are white inside" this basically implies black people cant be smart and intelligent without trying to be white whereas intelligence comes naturally to whites, since when was intelligence, education and manners considered a white feature?,
    let me tell give you a little advice darling, step out your ? little world and get with the real thing,we arent in 1920s anymore but you are welcome to go back to the times to which you belong
  • allreasoned_out
    edited January 2011
    You do realize that MANY black people think the same way right? I know, it's sad and ridiculous.

Yes, that's true. So they probably learnt it from us. :(
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited January 2011
    I guess Im Asian on the inside cause I love martial arts and kung fu movies. I guess I need to get some kung pow ? to fit the stereotype.

But wait, I hate computer programming.....

Never mind I was obviously wrong

Still going to hunt that kung pow ? Hidden dragon style :D
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I mean I've heard about the West Side, but how ? ' crazy could it be to have them on some ? like that?

my pops stays over there..its definitely rough...
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224102513AAXNrKt

Some folks are just ignorant, why let it ruffle you?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    damn yo aint the mortgage biz hurting how u eating fam

I was laid off for a year it was horrible last year. I'm a mortgage funder. But finally got a full time gig in July but kept my part time too to stack doe to no end. Working 7 days a week but I gotta do what I gotta do. But on the strength I'm looking to get out of the industry and if all works out I will have a state gig soon.

Honestly it's like any typical hood, but yo you ever been to a part of town (anywhere USA) that just looks bleek on the sunniest day? ? is just sad yo I grew up in 80's, 90's Harlem and that ? sort of reminds me of it. Boarded up cribs from foreclosures some cribs are worth so little that banks don't even board them up. Cats just hanging around not doing ? but hustling. Gang presense is still big on that side of town too. Its like ? don't change on the West side.
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

They must of been in lawndale or some ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Yet ? still ? over white hoes
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    most black girls hold similar ignorant view of black men and like the exact opposite that the ignorant white girl liked
  • 1of1
    edited January 2011
    They must of been in lawndale or some ?
    *Googles*....Map...street view....

K Town is Contra
    They'll dearly depart ya
    In front of Macarthur's
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Social and parental conditioning, it's gotta be, how else could someone* think something so asinine it makes you want to slap the ? out of them?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    its 2011 ? still checking for white ? .

blasian chicks>>>>>>>
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    you need to check that ? profile she straight up said she trolling...anyway now this ? right here is racist.

http://answers.yahoo.com/activity;_ylt=Amjl20zFMvSSSKO8XMboI7_sy6IX;_ylv=3?show=xcTIIdJRaa&link=fans#yan-connections

but on another note, lets be serious, you searched for that ? didnt you? ol ? ass ? wondering what white girls thinkin bout yo black ass.

lol aint that the ? truth

cant front tho. that link had a ? rollin...

NIGGISHA CHICKENBONE (WHERE U AT?!?!?)
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited January 2011
    It sounds ridiculous but then again, people are ridiculous. I'm well spoken, etc and the funniest part of my work day were the looks of (hastily hidden) shock on people's faces when they came in for a meeting with me and realised I wasn't white. Some are enlightened, some aren't *shrugs*
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Maybe she's a bit confused. There are black guys that act tuff. But if you're bought up i a messed up hood, either you're tuff or you're ? . Even if you can't fight, you know one day you will be tested so you better figure something out. Some people learn to become more resourceful and cunning to avoid conflict. Others are isolated from it by their parents (can't be mad at that). I'm not mad at that stereotype. It is what it is. It's survival. ? just gotta learn how to turn it off when necessary.