Are black women more likely to work for conservative/racist/white America?

soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If so, why? Is it that white people are less threatened by a black woman that they are a black man? Or is it that women in general are just out for the money and if that comes along with being George W's Secretary of State or a local Fox station reporter exploiting the homeless for entertainment ( http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-25-2011/indianapolis-homeless-talent-show ), then so be it?

Or does sex not play a factor at all?

Comments

• truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    generally, black women hold a degree and a job above all...u always hear women saying they are college educated blah blah so they deserve this and that and the third...it all stems from the feminist movement that they think helped them...give a black woman a little desk job and she think she Oprah...she cool...won't have to worry about her at all...also black men are still feared by white men...there is a hidden loyalty some black women have for white men
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    generally, black women hold a degree and a job above all...u always hear women saying they are college educated blah blah so they deserve this and that and the third...it all stems from the feminist movement that they think helped them...give a black woman a little desk job and she think she Oprah...she cool...won't have to worry about her at all...also black men are still feared by white men...there is a hidden loyalty some black women have for white men
    Generally most people just have a HS education.

MOst people are not college educated.

Also that black female with a college degree ? is wayyyy over played.

Anybody can go to Jr. College and HURR school. Or nursing school. Sorry. Not impressive.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »

Anybody can go to Jr. College and HURR school. Or nursing school. Sorry. Not impressive.
    I kno but the ones that do have one let it define their life it seems like...their career is why they are this and that..I was watching that ABC special about "successful black women aren't getting married"...and they were acting like they were just ballin out...i mean one chick was a high school counselor...lol im pretty sure she wasn't "ballin" like they tried to make it...and yea...alot of them are doing online schooling..or that Everest ? ...
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »

bolded : are you sure about that? I vaguely remember reading that only a large minority of adults in their 20s were not college educated.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    For a long time, a black woman let a company meet two quota requirements in one person: for a woman, and for a minority.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    This is what I was getting at... when and why tho?
    Sh0t wrote: »
    For a long time, a black woman let a company meet two quota requirements in one person: for a woman, and for a minority.
    Is this still the case?
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Huruma wrote: »
    bolded : are you sure about that? I vaguely remember reading that only a large minority of adults in their 20s were not college educated.
    Well damn.

I thought only like 35 percent of Americans had college degrees. I'll just look it up now.
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Today on The Huffington Post I saw a gallery of photos of states with the fewest college degree holders. Number one? Arkansas. (They also have a gallery of states with the most college degree holders. Winner? Washington, D.C.) We're all shocked, right?

But a college degree does not a good American make. Think everyone has a college degree? A lot of people who have college degrees and work in companies in which everyone has to have a college degree to get hired do.

I'm always amazed when people think their experience -- especially if it's a privileged, degreed experience -- is universal. HuffPo says according to Census stats the percentage of degree-holding Americans 25-34 is 37 percent. But not everyone is 25-34.

I looked up the 2006-2008 Census information, and it says 27.4 percent of American citizens have a bachelor's degree or higher
    OK Bachelor's degree or higher is only 27 percent of Americans.

I dont know the stat for ANY kind of degree.

there is a hidden loyalty some black women have for white men
    Black women loyal to white men? Doubt it.

I think it's more disrespect & a false sense of importance toward black males than them actually liking white men.

A ? period doesnt care about anybody but herself for the most part. Most of them arent capable of considering other people. HOw can you think of YOU if you are thinking about others?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I don't know why I thought otherwise. Maybe because getting a job without one is so difficult.
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Huruma wrote: »
    I don't know why I thought otherwise. Maybe because getting a DECENT job without one is so difficult.
    ^^^ Amended, slightly.

But now-a-days u need a masters in the field you're trying to work in. Cuz a 4-year degree may as well be a High School diploma these days.