Real talk, the ufck is up with Dr. Girlfriends Voice?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think the Monarch is fruity anyway. Thats why he got to have Dr. Girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dr. Girlfriend is female. Her voice is like that for two reasons.

One, she used to be a heavy smoker. They actually did a flashback episode that showed that. I think it was mentioned that smoked something like three packs a day.

Also, because they sort of based the character on Jackie Kennedy, and she had a somewhat deep voice.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I heard from a reliable source that she has a surgically-implanted baboon's ? ...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    venture brothers is one of the GOAT stoner shows
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Yeah she look like Jackie O. big time, didn't know she had a deep voice, guess that's why JFK was on Marylin...

LOL!

One of the dudes that hangs out with Dr. Orpheus asked her if she smoked the cigarettes or if she ate them. That ? had me rollin'.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dr. Girlfriend is female. Her voice is like that for two reasons.

One, she used to be a heavy smoker. They actually did a flashback episode that showed that. I think it was mentioned that smoked something like three packs a day.

Also, because they sort of based the character on Jackie Kennedy, and she had a somewhat deep voice.

this and the faux rumor that she was born a man but they never confirmed it.

It's also in line with the entire theme of the show being "Failure". Draw a attrative lady, dres her up in slutty outfits, but give her a mans voice. Never explain it for a few seasons and be vague about her origin. ? is hilarious to me.
  • d-skrilla
    d-skrilla Members Posts: 41
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It used to ? me how Sgt. Hatred was the only one who ever brought attention to her voice until recently. Eventhough ATHF is the more popular show, Venture Bros is the best show on Adult Swim to me. Frisky Dingo had potential to take to crown until they canceled it.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    d-skrilla wrote: »
    It used to ? me how Sgt. Hatred was the only one who ever brought attention to her voice until recently. Eventhough ATHF is the more popular show, Venture Bros is the best show on Adult Swim to me. Frisky Dingo had potential to take to crown until they canceled it.

the venture bros. is starting to get it's shine. unlike robot chicken, athf, and tim and eric...Venture Bros stayed true to it's on series rather run cross promotional and movie type ? . they are focused on making a show about excessive fails creative and good