MVP keeps it gully

Options
2»

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying they acted like Rocky Johnson wasn't his father. I'm saying they put a lot more emphasis on Peter Maivia and his Samoan side more then Rocky Johnson.

Halle is white safe. But i can get into a whole different thread talking about black people and the reasons why some win oscars and some never do. I'll leave the topic for another time though..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    they acknowleged his leniage on both sides equally...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Maivia's are more well-known.

Rock was in a BLACK SUPREMACIST STABLE.

You can't get blacker.

Although that stable did include Owen Hart, LMAO
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    rock movements that matchs his mic skills makes him a ? on mic.........LMAO @ dude be looking around for no reason
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    they acknowleged his leniage on both sides equally...

I always thought there was more emphasis Samoan side but whatever I guess...

Let me just ask you this, Do believe that race plays any part in the WWE or have all black wrestlers aside from The Rock simply been lacking in what it takes for a legitimate main event push?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Did somebody say the Rock wasn't that good of a wrestler? Word?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Let me just ask you this, Do believe that race plays any part in the WWE or have all black wrestlers aside from The Rock simply been lacking in what it takes for a legitimate main event push?

they push who they think will get more dollars from the fans

bruno sammartino was pushed to the mountaintop because the italian-american community was paying to see him for years and years

right now, the kids want mc whitey, john cena

there just aren't that many wrestling fans hoping for a black champ

it aint racism

people just want somebody they can relate to, basically

which is why its understandable that black fans would like to see a black champ

but there aren't nearly as many black fans as there are Latino and white
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    has there ever been an Asian WWE champ?
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    they push who they think will get more dollars from the fans

bruno sammartino was pushed to the mountaintop because the italian-american community was paying to see him for years and years

right now, the kids want mc whitey, john cena

there just aren't that many wrestling fans hoping for a black champ

it aint racism

people just want somebody they can relate to, basically

which is why its understandable that black fans would like to see a black champ

but there aren't nearly as many black fans as there are Latino and white

If the bolded were true RVD would have had probably 6 to 8 Heavyweight titles on his resume right now. The WWE pushes who they like. What the fans want plays no real major role into whether or not a superstar gets push to the top. They choose would they want to run with the ball, and will force them down our throats if necessary for us to accept them as legitimate. Just think aobut for a second. Lets say the WWE wanted to make MVP out of a main event Heel and draw major heat. All they would have to is have him beat John Cena a few times and lay him out at the end of a few shows. And There you go. Instant legitimacy. The WWE knows that most of it's fan are sheep and will follow and accept/hate whomever they tell us to.

And for me it's not even about just having a black man as champ. My favorite wrestler of all time to this day is Stone Cold. He's the guy that made me out of a wrestling fan and had me watching every week. Personally, I couldn't relate to being a southern white person from Texas, but it wasn't about that. I love what the man brought to the game. The entertainment value. I Could have cared less what his race was. Does R-truth, JTG, and Mark Henry deserve the strap? Hell no. Did Shelton deserve it. Again, hell no. (Even though I believe that in Shelton's case there was still other ways to utilize his talents outside of the main event picture.) A lot of people don't mention him, but imo, Elijah Burke probably had the most potential of being a really good main event wrestler out of all the black wrestlers that we've seen in recent years. Also, there are people that can and do support wrestlers even though they're not the same race as them. I actually believe the fans are much more accepting of diversity then some of the good ol' boys in the back, like Micheal Hayes for instance. Saying race doesn't play a role in the WWE would be like saying backstage politics doesn't exist when we all know it does.

Would MVP had made a great world Champ? Who knows. Maybe he would have sucked if they put the ? him?. But my problem is that he didn't even get a fair shake at it. And I'm not even talking about winning the title necessarily. I'm talking about just being in the picture. Considering the fact that Smackdown his the weaker of the two brands with, (imo) less talented wrestlers and lack of good storylines, wouldn't it just make some sense to push of the more talented wrestlers you have on the program to the main event picture? Not to mention that he did have some decent fan support. And like I said before, I'm not necessarily talking about him winning it. Just being there. They put the belt on Swagger and while he is a good wrestler like MVP, imo, he is not better then MVP on the the mic, imo. What does Swagger have that MVP didn't? Seriously? And yes I know Swagger hasn't have the strap since the first time he won it, but at least he was there. And I'm not going to say he didn't deserve to be there considering the band and his level of in-ring ability. It made sense for him to be there. But like I said, why couldn't MVP had at least just been there? As far as the comments I made about Booker being ? on, yeah I believe he was still ? on. Even though he did have some good success, he never had true credibility. He was always Triple H's ? .
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If the bolded were true RVD would have had probably 6 to 8 Heavyweight titles on his resume right now.

lol

RVD can't sell as much merchandise as Cena.

And you're forgetting his numerous drug use violations and his refusal to do the "for the troops" stuff.

I didn't read the rest of your post, I'm sure it was fascinating.
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol

RVD can't sell as much merchandise as Cena.

And you're forgetting his numerous drug use violations and his refusal to do the "for the troops" stuff.

I didn't read the rest of your post, I'm sure it was fascinating.

RVD was getting The Rock like pops at one point. The only reason he didn't sell as much merchandise is because some of the reasons I stated in my previous post. He was an already made superstar that they refused make into a true star within WWE. Drug use? So? They let people get pass with taking steroids but not weed? They got guys that violate their wellness policy all the time, but they cover it up. Remember the reason Booker T quit was because they wanted him to take Orton's suspension for violating their wellness policy.

But why the sarcasm? Dawg this ain't a fight. I ain't trying to disrespect you or anything. Seriously. ? ain't that serious.

I was expecting a good debate from you, but I guess that's not what you want to do. That's alright though.

Peace
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    has there ever been an Asian WWE champ?

Batista i believe
  • doctordeuce
    doctordeuce Members Posts: 53
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He mite have gotten stale in wwe, but if he goes to tna it'll b like chirstian "instant classic"
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^^^ Probably would do well in TNA accept for the fact that TNA is almost like volunteer work. LOL
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If M.V.P didn't like his push in WWE, he'll be livid when he's jobbing to/off the show for Hogan, Steiner, Flair etc. Stars from 15 years ago. He'll be voice dialing Vince by June.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RVD was getting The Rock like pops at one point. The only reason he didn't sell as much merchandise is because some of the reasons I stated in my previous post. He was an already made superstar that they refused make into a true star within WWE. Drug use? So? They let people get pass with taking steroids but not weed? They got guys that violate their wellness policy all the time, but they cover it up. Remember the reason Booker T quit was because they wanted him to take Orton's suspension for violating their wellness policy.

But why the sarcasm? Dawg this ain't a fight. I ain't trying to disrespect you or anything. Seriously. ? ain't that serious.

I was expecting a good debate from you, but I guess that's not what you want to do. That's alright though.

Peace

No ? , gtfohwtbs
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    No ? , gtfohwtbs

My ? , you need to go look back at some tapes.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Batista i believe

? said batista lmaooo
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    real ness wrote: »
    ? said batista lmaooo

He's right, Batista is Filipino which is considered Asian
  • Triple B's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? said batista lmaooo

**cough cough**
  • Triple B's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He's right, Batista is Filipino which is considered Asian

thank u. bears might do it this yr....
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? batista can't pass off as no ? asian...he dont even look asian or rep the Philippines much less carry a title for them
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the philippines ? wit Batista heavy if you watched his DVD, anyone from the philippines and becomes a start is a freakin hero in their eyes.

but i can't say RVD was gettin Rock like pops, while his pops were good he wasn't up there like that. And RVD stalled pushes were his fault stemming from weed, ie; gettin busted with Sabu..you can clearly see around that time he was gonna get the strap but that happened. In the elimination chamber when he did that dumb spot off the top of the chamber and his knee landed on HHH throat..again his fault.
  • jbeezy205
    jbeezy205 Members Posts: 41
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? batista can't pass off as no ? asian...he dont even look asian or rep the Philippines much less carry a title for them

he has the filipino flag tattooed on his arm
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Batista is a mutt of Filipino and Greek descent

his papi is a famous Greek hairdresser