Should Marriages (No Children Yet) be like a Democracy

Options
bscoop
bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Social Lounge
Only in the sense that every 4 years each person could evaluate whether their marriages are woth it, if not they can make their marriage null and start anew with no divorce complication

Would this help Divorce numbers go down?

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw. ? would just have new wives/husbands every 3 years
  • bscoop
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw. ? would just have new wives/husbands every 3 years

Exactly that is the point...Look at the reasons behind most divorces and tell me this wouldn't be a great idea for unhappy couples or people looking for something new and exciting
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how bout people actually take more time to really use better judgment in who and why they marry?

making it easier to get out of a marriage, isn't going to create stronger marriages.. it's just going to make marriage less and less of a big deal.....

"oh go ahead and get married.. worse case scenario.. u waste 4 years.. no biggie"

seriously...that's how most people are going to look at it...
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw...i thk it should be harder to get married tho...u should have to go to mandatory marriage counseling...and u gotta be engaged for at least 3 years before u can officially be married
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    People aren't as committed as they were before. When divorce was more frowned upon people tended to try and work through ? a lot more then. Now it seems as though its 'oh f*ck it, we can't reconcile or compromise so lets dead this deal'. Commitment is for the tough times, not the easy times.
  • bscoop
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw...i thk it should be harder to get married tho...u should have to go to mandatory marriage counseling...and u gotta be engaged for at least 3 years before u can officially be married

Ok this is a solid idea
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    how bout people actually take more time to really use better judgment in who and why they marry?

close thread

I don't trust ppl. Just think...most of us IC ? are gonna get married/have children. That's a sad future for the world.