Science proofs of the Qur'an

Comments

• supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited January 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    well, your logic dictates that no American feel the need to apologize for anything misguided that America does, right?

My logic dictates that when the majority of a people have been peaceful since their emergence on the planet to be made out to be some hateful terrorist by an ACTUAL HATEFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE is complete ?

America's been ? people over for years and are still at the forefront of doing so around the world this is no different than a ? member trying to play the race card for sympathy are you kidding me?

I would prefer that if instead of apologizing for what their government is doing they either do something to change it or actually get a chance to understand true Islam, it's hard to demonize something when there is widespread awareness on the facts, no?

wa alaikum
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    My logic dictates that when the majority of a people have been peaceful since their emergence on the planet ....................

What people are you talking about ?

Surely not MOslems,

cause once ole MO got a gang of killers together in Medina,

MO chopped heads off right and left for the rest of his time on earth,...

and then his followers chopped heads off from Spain to the Balkans to India.

Waging war [all manner of crime] on nonMOslems is a basic Koran command.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I remember when I was a "christian" and I thought "muslims" were evil, HAHA how idiotic.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    My logic dictates that when the majority of a people have been peaceful since their emergence on the planet to be made out to be some hateful terrorist by an ACTUAL HATEFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE is complete ?

America's been ? people over for years and are still at the forefront of doing so around the world this is no different than a ? member trying to play the race card for sympathy are you kidding me?
    again, what this boils down to is this: you want me to understand that anything bad done by Muslims ever is done by a small percentage of them, and thus i should not malign all Muslims for those deeds ... and yet anything done by the US is supported by every American and they all need to apologize for it. this is not consistent.

good luck with this argument that will convince no one to listen to what you're saying
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    la ilaha ilahhi illAllah

ha ahaha hahahaa hahahah AHHAHAHA
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    I remember when I was a "christian" and I thought "muslims" were evil, HAHA how idiotic.

I note you put christian in quotes. Is that you way of conceding you were not in fact a follower of Christ ? Rather just a nominal "christian" ?

BTW - it's really "idiotic" to pretend ignorance of the violence inciting commands that the Koran is riddled with. Not to mention the violent personal example of MO.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    I note you put christian in quotes. Is that you way of conceding you were not in fact a follower of Christ ? Rather just a nominal "christian" ?

BTW - it's really "idiotic" to pretend ignorance of the violence inciting commands that the Koran is riddled with. Not to mention the violent personal example of MO.

I put muslim in quotes to. They are titles, if it makes you feel more saved to use it, go ahead, but it won't get you into heaven.

Yeah sure, OT did the same thing, until the new command came in to forgive everyone, even your enemies.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    I put muslim in quotes to. They are titles, if it makes you feel more saved to use it, go ahead, but it won't get you into heaven.

Yeah sure, OT did the same thing, until the new command came in to forgive everyone, even your enemies.

OT is a collection of writings authored by a score or so authors compiled over a time period of 1000 or so years. Whole lot more to the OT than the law of Moses portion which applied to the comparitively brief time period when Israel fought various tribes to take the literal "promised land."
    OT predicted a NT [centering on a person who did not ? even when being arrested for excessive do gooding] and here we are.

In contrast the KORAN is allegedly the ranting of ONE particular glib violent slave owning BSer.

MO was plain wicked. Worse than any Hebrew OT characters,.....

though the OT characters lived long before Jesus gave us HIS supremely good moral example,....

whereas MO lived some 600 years after Jesus gave His supremely good example/moral leadership.

Morally, MO was plainly RETROGRADE.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    OT is a collection of writings authored by a score or so authors compiled over a time period of 1000 or so years. Whole lot more to the OT than the law of Moses portion which applied to the comparitively brief time period when Israel fought various tribes to take the literal "promised land."
    OT predicted a NT [centering on a person who did not ? even when being arrested for excessive do gooding] and here we are.

Unfortunately for you, I have no interest in hearing your hate for Islam.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Not gonna read the other replies, but I'm sure someone already stated that most of these are vague and can be filled in with multiple meanings where as others were already known in that time period.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011

Would you be interested in hearing Islams hate for you then?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Would you be interested in hearing Islams hate for you then?

Naw, don't care about theirs either.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Naw, don't care about theirs either.

Fine then be that way

tumblr_lfcz7m3FNO1qzekdio1_400.gif
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Fine then be that way

tumblr_lfcz7m3FNO1qzekdio1_400.gif

Lol

Idk I've just gotten to the point where it seems so incredibly asinine to hate people because they aren't the right religion, the right gender, the right color, the right money bracket, the right whatever whatever whatever, that when I hear ? like that, my attention span for that conversation drops below zero.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Lol

Idk I've just gotten to the point where it seems so incredibly asinine to hate people because they aren't the right religion, the right gender, the right color, the right money bracket, the right whatever whatever whatever, that when I hear ? like that, my attention span for that conversation drops below zero.

there is a right thing to be though. it aint none of them designations though. they can lead you to it or away from it. the right way to be is just be. even if one won't or can't acknowledge it- theres pure divinity in that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    there is a right thing to be though. it aint none of them designations though. they can lead you to it or away from it. the right way to be is just be. even if one won't or can't acknowledge it- theres pure divinity in that.

Isn't everyone just be-ing behind all the other designations anyway, running quietly in the background? Thats kinds of the way I see it, and idk, maybe that's why I can dismiss the words but not the person.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011

FYI: when such as you reveal your disinterest in facts/truth, I often post for the sake of lurkers.

Sides that, ya never know when a dormant seed may sprout.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Lol

Fo sho sista
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited January 2011

What people are you talking about ?

Surely not MOslems,

cause once ole MO got a gang of killers together in Medina,

MO chopped heads off right and left for the rest of his time on earth,...

and then his followers chopped heads off from Spain to the Balkans to India.

Waging war [all manner of crime] on nonMOslems is a basic Koran command.

Well, historically speaking and to be fair, there was a time when Jews preferred Muslim rule over Christian rule and even escaped Christian persecution fleeing to Muslim territory, which was also oppressive, just less oppressive than Christian rule. But it doesn't really matter. You can use the Bible and the Quran to commit whatever atrocity you want. Both books are full of violence, murder, deception, destruction, and terror, sprinkled with an occasional act of love or kindness. Dr. Seuss books provide better examples of moral character than both the Bible and the Quran.

As far as the science thing goes, as others have said, the examples provided are so vague you can plug in whatever modern event you want (e.g. Nostradamus’ prophecies). You also conveniently left out videos of those who were previously Muslim (or insert religion here) but left because they realized the absurdity in religion. Either way you look at it, it means nothing.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Well, historically speaking and to be fair, there was a time when Jews preferred Muslim rule over Christian rule
    and even escaped Christian persecution fleeing to Muslim territory, which was also oppressive,
    just less oppressive than Christian rule. But it doesn't really matter.

Our difference of opinion regarding what it means to be "Christian" can be summed up as follows:

By labelng them "Christian", you claim the RC INQUISITORS were led by Christ.

I know they were not. To be fair,

your misunderstanding is partially due to centuries

of historians endorsing gradiose false specifically RC/Papal claims.
    oliverlang wrote: »
    You can use the Bible and the Quran to commit whatever atrocity you want.
    Both books are full of violence, murder, deception, destruction,
    and terror, sprinkled with an occasional act of love or kindness.

By equating Bible [OT and NT] and Koran, you reveal either dishonesty, .... and/or ignorance of both Bible and Koran.

Briefly: MO provides immoral guidance. Christ provides moral guidance.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    don't worry, he irrationally hates most religions
    Our difference of opinion regarding what it means to be "Christian" can be summed up as follows:
    By labelng them "Christian", you claim the RC INQUISITORS were led by Christ.
    I know they were not.
    now, OL, you know you saw that he was going to make this about bashing Catholics as soon as you gave him the opening
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    Jank, your support for organized religions is noted. You are betting on the wrong horse, but it is a free country....
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    None of you have addressed the fact that the Koran discussed embryology in detail when that wasn't known until the 20th century. And it wasn't explained in vague detail like people are arguing if you read it. Nor the fact that Muhammad stated during his prophecies what the exact shape of the Earth was, which was also not known at that time period until later centuries.

Other people have speculated the Earth was round before it was official. It was widely believed it was flat for the longest, not everyone bought that though.

And as for embryology is this the verse?
    [We] then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators! (Qur'an, 23:14)

Because I'm sure experiments on dead bodies happened and you don't need advanced science to figure out that there's an embryo in one dead ? that's just pregnant and as they go along further in turns into bones and flesh and so forth. There are also animals with similar birth processes so I see how it was known easily.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    the earth is not shaped like an ostrich egg

an ostrich egg is stretched at two ends

the earth is an oblate spheroid with a bulge around the equator

and that "embryology" line is ? , lol