which nba MVP had the saddest/wackest MVP season?

Options
2»

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No Such thing.....
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Steve Nash hands down.

Nash 04-05 season: 15.5ppg 11.5apg 1spg
    Amare 04-05 season: 26ppg 8.9rpg 1.6bpg
    Marion 04-05 season: 19.4ppg 11.3rpg 2spg 1.5bpg

How did Nash win MVP of the league again? He's not even the clear cut MVP of his team (I'd actually take Marion's and Amare's stats over his, but maybe that's just me). Seems like it was more of a team effort.

Nash 05-06 season: 18.8ppg 10.5apg 0.8spg
    Marion 05-06 season: 21.8ppg 11.8rpg 2spg 1.7bpg

How did Nash win MVP of the league again? He's not even the clear cut MVP of his team (I'd actually take Marion's stats over his, but maybe that's just me). Once again, seems like it was more of a team effort.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    steve nash is the MVP of his team take him off and they wouldnt even win half of the games they won^^
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2011
    Options
    steve nash is the MVP of his team take him off and they wouldnt even win half of the games they won^^

Is that why they're 21-24 without Amare? The 24 being the losses.

Nash is also putting up similar stats: 17.2ppg 11apg 0.6spg.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Is that why they're 21-24? The 24 being the losses.

They're bench ain't as deep as it was last year
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    They're bench ain't as deep as it was last year

Oh ok, I thought it was because Amare was gone.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    ? really in here hating on Steve Nash? SMH y'all dudes stay hating on that white boy

no hate at all, i ? with steve nash.
    money loves the sport and plays without being a diva. and he got a ratchet thats underrated
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Is that why they're 21-24 without Amare? The 24 being the losses.

leave amare on that team and take nash off they would be worse off
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Steve Nash hands down.

Nash 04-05 season: 15.5ppg 11.5apg 1spg
    Amare 04-05 season: 26ppg 8.9rpg 1.6bpg
    Marion 04-05 season: 19.4ppg 11.3rpg 2spg 1.5bpg

How did Nash win MVP of the league again? He's not even the clear cut MVP of his team (I'd actually take Marion's and Amare's stats over his, but maybe that's just me). Seems like it was more of a team effort.

Nash 05-06 season: 18.8ppg 10.5apg 0.8spg
    Marion 05-06 season: 21.8ppg 11.8rpg 2spg 1.7bpg

How did Nash win MVP of the league again? He's not even the clear cut MVP of his team (I'd actually take Marion's stats over his, but maybe that's just me). Once again, seems like it was more of a team effort.

idiot post^^^^^^^ marion wouldn't have those number if it wasn't for nash
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nash deserved it more the year w/o stoudemire than the year with. in 05 they q rich and joe johnson, 06 they didn't
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Steve Nash was playing insane those two MVP years,whenever you shoot that well...FG%:50 (2005) 51 (2006),3P%:43 (05),43 (06),FT%:88 (05),92 (06) and averaging 11 assits that's crazy
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So a team goin from 29-53 to 62-20 means a player dont deserve a mvp? And the suns went to the WCF WITHOUT stoudemire

winning 2 rounds>>>>>"giving the spurs fits" and losin in the 1st round

Or better yet stoudemire scoring average goin up 6 ppg and him shooting over 55%( 1st time in his career he shot over 50 from the field both results of steve nash) notice how amare is shootin below 50 right now? I wonder why

Do u watch basketball or do u skim through it?

oh look a half assed paraphrasing of a rapper in your quote, how cool.
    u also forgot to mention joe johnson and shawn merrion also making the team a threat
    joe johnson put up 17 ppg in that turn around

also funny u mention the 6 pt turn around.
    stoudemire had a similar turnaround when coming to the knicks and leaving a phoenix squad with nash.
    whats the common thread you might wonder? mike d'antoni
    maybe it has something to do with amare and his system more so than nash. i mean the numbers prove it

now explain to me why jason kidd never got an mvp award, i mean he turned around 3 teams

then explain how in his mvp season he got bumped 4-1 by the spurs
    his second season? kobe dropped 35 a game and took a weak ass laker team to the 7th seed (btw kobe's full stat line was 35.4 ppg 5.3 rpg 4.5 apg and 1.8 spg

so yeah it was nash with 2 all stars and kobe with none how the ? didnt he deserve mvp that year?

take a look at the link i posted and peep the mvps prior and see that most of the people outside the few i mentioned actually led their respective teams to the promised land or as close as possible.
    a feat nash never did

you also talked ? about winning two rounds meaning more than giving fits. you should actually watch a game or 2
    the same team they gave fits to beat nash and co 4-1 especially because nash got destroyed every time by tony parker
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2011
    Options
    idiot post^^^^^^^ marion wouldn't have those number if it wasn't for nash

I thought Nash joined the Phoenix Suns the 04-05 season. Let's look at Marion's numbers when Nash wasn't there. ...

Marion 02-03: 21.2ppg 9.5rpg 2.3spg 1.2bpg
    Marion 03-04: 19.0ppg 9.3rpg 2.1spg 1.3bpg

You were saying?
    leave amare on that team and take nash off they would be worse off

I disagree. I think Amare would be over 500.
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Steve Nash was playing insane those two MVP years,whenever you shoot that well...FG%:50 (2005) 51 (2006),3P%:43 (05),43 (06),FT%:88 (05),92 (06) and averaging 11 assits that's crazy

Yeah, but he's only scoring like 16 a game. All that means is he's only taking uncontested/open shots. If he was putting up 25+ a game, then you would have a point, but 16/ 17 a game with that kind of percentage isn't impressive or uncommon. There's plenty of people in the league with those kind of percentages and points.

The 11 assists wasn't too impressive because he had people like Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson aka all people who shoot the 3 exceptionally well. Not to mention, (super athletic) Amare and a prime Shawn Marion for pick and roll partners.

In brief, it was a team effort. Dude didn't deserve no MVP.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So a team goin from 29-53 to 62-20 means a player dont deserve a mvp? And the suns went to the WCF WITHOUT stoudemire

winning 2 rounds>>>>>"giving the spurs fits" and losin in the 1st round

Or better yet stoudemire scoring average goin up 6 ppg and him shooting over 55%( 1st time in his career he shot over 50 from the field both results of steve nash) notice how amare is shootin below 50 right now? I wonder why

Do u watch basketball or do u skim through it?

No, he doesn't deserve an MVP, if they're two players on his team who have all-star stats that are arguably better than his.

...Maybe Amare's averages went up because.... he got better? I mean the guy was only in the league for 2 years. I think it's a safe bet to say he worked on his game in the off season and became a better player. ... You know, the same way every superstar caliber player seems to do around that time (3rd of 4th year in the league).

... Amare is probably shooting at a lower percentage this year because he's the only player on his team who is well known, therefore the defense focuses on him. Also, Amare included a mid-range jumper in his game, so that would also explain the drop in field goal percentage. The further away, the lower the percentage gets, right? He's already attempted 18 3pointers this year. That's more than his last 2 years on phoenix combined.