Superman has been casted

earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48271

Henry Cavill, ? from The Tudors.

I just remember him from COunt of Monte Cristo though.

Comments

• not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I'm not that surprised.

His name has been on many peoples' short lists, dating back before "Superman Returns" was cast.

Better him than Jon Hamm, since Cavill is still young enough for them to do multiple pictures, which is what Warner Bros. wanted.

Now, they need to find a good Lois.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Not to big of a superman fan but lets see how this turns out
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Thats who anne hathaway should play instead of catwoman IMO

Good pick.

I agree 100%.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    why cant these mofos stay consistent ? getting annoying as ? .....there was nothing wrong with routh
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    That is a very, solid choice. If he was in Returns maybe it wouldn't have been such a disaster.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    why cant these mofos stay consistent ? getting annoying as ? .....there was nothing wrong with routh

Routh was nothing more than a Christoper Reeves Clone. The problem with "Superman Returns" was Byran Singer was trying to hard to basically "Remake" the Superman from the 70's with Christopher Reeves, he even had the nerve make the time line be right after "Superman 2", that was a horrible mistake and the audience didn't buy it. Now it made money:

Domestic: $200,081,192 51.2%
    + Foreign: $191,000,000 48.8%
    = Worldwide: $391,081,192

But it was budget at 270 Million, Sure with DVD that probably pushed it to about 500 Million gross. Sorry, this is Superman, the most popular superhero EVER. It should of made way more than that and Warner Bros wasn't happy so they blew the whole thing up. Instead of bringing Routh back, they just decided to start over. Now Christopher Nolan is producing the film and Zack Synder (300 and Watchman) is directing. "Man of Steel" is a good title. What I didn't like about "Returns" was I waited 20 years to see Superman and his Baby Momma Drama?, I mean come on the storyline was lame. Spacy was a good Lex but Hoffman was better and Reeves legacy haunted the film, Reeves will forever be Superman. It was a disaster and I understand why they rebooted it. As for the Casting, hey he's an unknown so it may work but we will see. I'm more happy about the team behind the reboot, I trust them more. I like Singer, he's a good director and I liked X-men 1 & 2 but he dropped the ball on "Superman Returns".
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I don't know anything about this guy...I'm just hoping for a good Superman movie with some decent action scenes for once in a while..With Nolan attached to the film in some way I have high hopes for this next Superman
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Why couldn't they make a Superman flick with some of the Smallville cast? I think Tom Welling could be a great film Superman.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Im so tired of the British obsession

? the Brits
    ? the Queen
    ? Harry
    ? Kate
    ? Diana
    ? Big ben
    ? em all

Hugh Grant ... ? you too..

Rowan Atkinson... you cool

? is utterly annnoying.. i love british flicks.. but.. this Hollywood obsession is /has been annoying for year