How Come There Aren'tt Any Ni99as On Telemundo Or Univision?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
We all done the channel checking and eventually got to Univision or Telemundo, then suddenly we stop. Even though there's a language barrier we'll watch for a few minutes because there's extraordinarily BAD WOMEN on the t.v. screen. I'm mean Kim Kardashian quality ? , but alas due to the langage barrier we'll move on to find English language programming. Just for the "eye candy," aspect of it, we'll sit and watch Telemundo or Univision for a minute.

One day I was in the Mexican stand, enjoying a burrito and of course "Mexican station," was on. Then I made a rather startling revelation. Unless it's baseball or soccer on, there aren't any ? on Univision or Telemundo. With the exception of Celia Cruz, I don't recall there ever being any ? on Telemundo or Univision. Mind you, I don't speak Spanish and I've never spent any more than a few mintues watching these stations, but if you're watching t.v. within five minutes you're going to see some ? . Whether they're in commericals or the actually shows. After I realized there aren't any blacks on Telemundo or Univision, I noticed the "paper bag," test was in full effect. Also they're aren't any of those short indignious looking cats with the big heads that look like they could be on the cover of National Graphic on Spanish language t.v.

I'm not a person to cry racism every chance I get, but the is some straight up racist ? . With the population of blacks in these countries especially in D.R. and P.R. Panama, etc. who is it that a whole segment of your population is being excluded from your t.v.? Do blacks in these countries notice this or are they cool with it.

On another note, why do Latinos of African descent deny the fact they're black. For example, you'll often hear them say, "I'm black and Puerto Rican, I'm black and Dominican, or I'm black and Cuban." This is some asburd ? . You would never hear a white person say, "I'm white and Irish," or an Asian say "I'm Japanese and Asian." These ? are confusing race with nationality.

The only difference between these ? and myself is they speak Spainish, they have Spanish last names, and they have "good hair." Other than that, these ? are as much as a ? as you or me.

Comments