Original version of One More Chance > Commercial version

2»

Comments

• Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    that's because it's music and not spoken word. If I wanted to hear ? spit some ? acapella I'd go to a poetry slam. I wanna hear music, so I listen to ? with beats. Simple as that.

One more chance (remix) has one of the best beats and samples of ever.
    I agree.

But if the lyrics/flow from the original version is put on top of the remix instrumental I think it would be even doper. But I'm a old school ? . I actually value lyrical gymnastics over a beat. Most ? sound dope over a dope beat. all opinions are valid tho
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Nah it wouldn't dude. The Remix's verse fit perfectly on that beat.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    One more chance (remix) has one of the best beats and samples of ever.
    . .
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Nah it wouldn't dude. The Remix's verse fit perfectly on that beat.
    like i said all opinions are valid. aint gonna change mine and i aint trying to change yours. both songs dope tho
  • samkaveli
    samkaveli Members Posts: 572
    edited January 2011
    The OG version is alright, but the remix is more classic. you can put that ? on in any coast, in that ? will get the party jumping. sorry T/C I have to disagree both are dope tho.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Cuz it is a remix.

Lemme try this again. That one that was the single is on the album isn't it? So how is it a remix? The one that the T/S posted was never finished or used so it ain't exactly the "original" version of the song.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    nah the remix was crazy
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Lemme try this again. That one that was the single is on the album isn't it? So how is it a remix? The one that the T/S posted was never finished or used so it ain't exactly the "original" version of the song.

The remix version is the single with a video. The album version which was never released as a single though, is the one at the t/s post.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Actually both versions are Classic. What makes the remix so damn good is the smooth beat, Biggie's lyrics and flow are godly. Now what makes the oiriginal dope is Biggie lyrics are so hard, he's rapping about sex but it's so lyrical what he's saying. These 2 songs are why I believe Biggie had the GOAT Flow, his flow on both songs are different but are just as sharp on each one. Both songs have a lot of quotables. Another great thing about the songs is Both Versions of "One More Chance" have a Debarge Sample on them. That was cool to flip the remix with a whole different Debarge Sample. The "Hip Hop" Remix was just raw and with a throwback Hip Hop Beat on it. I love all 3 versions, it's just a great song but Big killed both of them with his opening bars:

Original: "When it comes to sex, I'm simular to the thriller in minilla, ? call me bigga the condom filler"

Remix: "1st things 1st, I Poppa freaks all the honey's, dummies, playboy bunnies those wantin money"

Notice how both opening lines Big talks about how much of a ? he is with Sex, lol.
  • choppa_style
    edited January 2011
    The remix version is the single with a video. The album version which was never released as a single though, is the one at the t/s post.

Why does my version of the album have the radio version then?? Did they change it later or something?
  • Hombre Négro
    Hombre Négro Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2011
    Overall the remix is a better song, better lyrics and a better beat.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

the one i posted wasn't on the album.
  • choppa_style
    edited January 2011
    the one i posted wasn't on the album.

Something doesn't add up. I gotta check out the version I have when I get home. I could have sworn it has the "remix" version on it. The one with that sample that Ashanti later used.
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    C/S this thread. I always liked the original version better. The other one, while good, is too commercial. Kinda like how I feel about Method Man's All I Need, I like the album version better.