Options
13»

Comments

• esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    In the 5 games Polamalu played in 2009 they gave up an average of 13.8 points per game.
    In the 11 games he missed they gave up 23.2 points per game.

Explain to me how that is a top 10 defense, without him....

? statistics.......ESPN ran a piece on that it was only 7 pts which is significant but not as much as your inflatin' them.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Matthews slowed down too much he only had 4 sacks in his last 8 games
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    clay matthews stats for the year (regular season)

60 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 2 FF's and 1 INT

troy polamalu

63 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and 7 INT's (14 games)

Julius Peppers

54 tackles, 8 sacks, 3 FF, 2 INT's

Brian Urlacher

125 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT

i caught a backlash on here saying Peppers should get the award but he was 4th in voting and clearly you can see his stats match with Polamalu so i hope ya'll can be honest with yaselves now (Matt).

can anyone explain to me why Urlacher only got 2 votes though? he had twice the amount of tackles than Mathews or Polamalu, those are serious ? numbers. honest question..
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1:10 mark

Had to give it up to Troy after I seen this
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    Julius Peppers

54 tackles, 8 sacks, 3 FF, 2 INT's

Brian Urlacher

125 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT

i caught a backlash on here saying Peppers should get the award but he was 4th in voting and clearly you can see his stats match with Polamalu so i hope ya'll can be honest with yaselves now (Matt).

can anyone explain to me why Urlacher only got 2 votes though? he had twice the amount of tackles than Mathews or Polamalu, those are serious ? numbers. honest question..

ur complaining about tackles? TACKLES! lol

Matthews is a d end basically hes not gona ever top 100 tackles neither is Troy P unless hes a in the box safety(Adrian Wilson for example)
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Gotta say i was surprised because all the hype for matthews leading up to this point i knew he would get it.Troy only won by 2 votes ,btw.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well not a double team but they can run a WR and TE or TE and RB, etc. at Polamalu. The ? stays at the LOS. Whatever......mad players got ? on by this ? choice. It's really the No Fun League...maybe we need a year off to get ? minds right.

i dont see how its a ? choice. polamalu is the leader of the leagues best defense. all he does is make plays. no knock on clay matthews, but what did he do this year that won green bay a game or 2?? troy polamalu wins games for the steelers, and when he is not there, you see the difference. you think mark sanchez scores on that bootleg if polamalu is in the lineup??? i think not..
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? statistics.......ESPN ran a piece on that it was only 7 pts which is significant but not as much as your inflatin' them.

you take troy out that defense, and they are not a playoff team. its that simple
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Those numbers are from NFL.com......you can look them up yourself.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    you take troy out that defense, and they are not a playoff team. its that simple

Idk i think we make it but not every far...we would get score on alooooot.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I thought Clay should have won it...i would have even given it to Harrison or Reed before Troy but i don't have a real problem wit him winning...i look at it as more of a lifetime thing (ala Kobe)...he should have a DOPY award just shouldn't have ben this year IMO but voters got to make up for their ? ups lol
  • drb3n
    drb3n Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That's the ? point dude, Clay Mathews had to go up against double teams and still impacted the game as much as Troy, if not more. Troy is a safety, if the Steelers don't get pressure up front or run block (which is there strength) the Steelers secondary gets exposed. Polamalu is a part of the Steelers system, he ain't the system, trust me when he is done they will replace his ass with another safety and the Steelers will still rank top 5.

Their defense was a top 10 defense last year without Troy, why you acting like they were the Texans or some ? .

During the last two seasons, the Steelers are 14-4 when Polamalu plays but 5-7 when he doesn't. He missed 11 games last season with a pair of left knee injuries. --USA TODAY
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thought Clay Matthews was gonna get it this year but I cant be mad at Troy gettin it
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    dont feel like making a thread for it so im putting it here, tom brady got offensive P.O.Y

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e0e0bc/article/bradys-gaudy-stats-14-wins-add-up-to-another-ap-honor?module=HP_headlines2col

Trying to figure out why the ? DeSean Jackson got two votes....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Trying to figure out why the ? DeSean Jackson got two votes....

djaxmad2.gif

nah im just playin, i dont know..