When are we gonna stop the NCAA football bullshyt and have a playoffs???

byrond0126
byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
They would rather have 40 damn Bowl games instead of taking the top 16 teams left after the final polls and play 4 weeks of Tournaments to decide who is the best football team in the land.

Same format as the March madness and play your way down to 2 teams

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Never, Cuz those Bowl Games Generate so Much Money....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    interesting topic. something i've never considered. i'll have to think about this one and post later.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

I think you could still do it and have bowl games...Have the top 6 in a playoff 3 vs 6 (Fiesta Bowl) 4 vs 5 (Sugar Bowl) then next round 1 vs 4 (Orange Bowl) 2 vs 3 (Rose Bowl) 1 vs 2 (Tostitos bowl) and then just rotate it every yr and teams >6 will play in the rest of the bowls
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • mistaincredible
    mistaincredible Members Posts: 300
    edited February 2011

this......
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    killap wrote: »
    I think you could still do it and have bowl games...Have the top 6 in a playoff 3 vs 6 (Fiesta Bowl) 4 vs 5 (Sugar Bowl) then next round 1 vs 4 (Orange Bowl) 2 vs 3 (Rose Bowl) 1 vs 2 (Tostitos bowl) and then just rotate it every yr and teams >6 will play in the rest of the bowls

Mike and Mike had the BCS commisioner (one of them cats)on and he made a good point there will never be enough teams to satisfy every one. Today its six but that means 5 conferences are not going to be represented with three independents. It will never satisfy everyone. The NCAA has 64 teams and people still complain. Until everyone are in a conference and those conferences have championship games, WE WILL NEVER HAVE A LEGIT PLAYOFF!

And this!
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    obama said he was going to have congress looking into how the bcs violates anti-trust laws. smh
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    honestly yeah that's why they won't do a playoff tourney cuz of loot..but it's ? ..cuz they already set up the national championship game..and that apparently doesn't effect the other bowl games..money wise

it's complete bullsh*t
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    But the NCAA tournamets also are played on neutral sites spread all over... You go by the end of the year rankings (AP Coaches Polls) and that decides who goes or who stays.