MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    major pain wrote: »
    So many failures...

Casket with the Cadillac grill

It says "wimp" on the front

? gets buried in a pink suit

AND A ? SECURITY GUARD....

That's ? the Wimp, one of da biggest dope boys that ever came out of da Chi (along wit his pop). What's even more crazy is they had a party after the funeral @ the same hotel where ? got murked @! lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    ppl in them islands do that how wake ? at the krib go bury the ? afterwards and come home to a party ? had me buggin out once
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Back in the day they use to have the wake at the person's house and have them lying in their bed.
  • tarheelman
    tarheelman Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the practice of having the casket in the house, since that was also a common practice in the South back in the day, according to my grandparents.

But those cats in the picture went beyond that. They had homeboy standing up in the corner like he was a floor lamp. Like I said in my earlier post, they just stopped short of putting a light bulb in his mouth.
    major pain wrote: »
    The body in the casket in the house is one thing... but propped up in a corner like a lamp... nah cuzzo

Oh yeah, that was definitely some weirdness. I remember when that story came out a couple years ago that dude had said he wanted to be standing up at his wake. Apparently the dude had been living a wild life down there, and knew that he was probably gonna end up murked at some point. Kinda sad for a young 20 something year old ? to be planning for his demise.

And a burgeoning business is coming up with those "thematic" funerals. Those are the ones where dude was posted up in his recliner, and the dude was propped up on his motorcycle. Supposedly it gives people a chance to see them "doing" something that they loved. The dude in the recliner, I think they had him in front of a TV that was playing a loop of Steelers highlights. I think it's creepy and weird, but that's just me. I was glad when my mother decided to cremate my pops when he passed; I didn't want to see him laid out looking all stiff and cold in a casket.
  • just known
    just known Members Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    My aunts funeral took last week and I took pictures there......We live in the UK and have family from around the world that wasn't able to fly out but wanted to see how the day went so I took pictures......It was just of the grave yard and my family. Taking pictures of dead bodies is a line I refuse to cross
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    ? all that. Put me in a suit, a regular casket, put me in the ground like a normal person
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    it's different in every culture man...

personally at the funerals I went to growing up, if the person who passed was older and lived a good life the funeral was more like a family get together and wasn't overtly full of sorrow, so yeah, seeing ppl flicking it up with each other isn't uncommon...

on the other hand,

when it was the funeral of someone young or someone who passed away tragically then it was the total opposite...very solemn, a lot of ppl in pain...don't be actin like ? is gravy or comin' out the pocket with a camera tryin to snap a picture...
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited February 2011
    My mom used my cam to go to a friends funeral. A couple weeks later, I was taking pics then went to preview them..kept going back to previous pics and saw some of her friend in the casket! I screamed so loud; I was so scared.