Question to All PRODUCERS. Would something like this be helpful?

Options
pingpong
pingpong Members Posts: 14
edited February 2011 in Fresh Produce
Hey everyone. My homie and I had an idea and were wondering if it would be helpful to any producers out there. We are thinking about creating a website for all amateur and experienced producers alike to be able to...

- Create a complete portfolio of all their productions.
- Sell projects based on single use licenses or can sell the song for fully contracted rights.
- Market their portfolio extremely easily. There will be tools to sync the portfolio with the producer's Twitter, FB, YouTube accounts

Now I know there are a few sites out there already (the ones I have found don't seem very good at all), but basically what will make ours different is that it will be more designed as a tool for producers to market their work.

Both me and my friend are experienced programmers and expert internet marketers so we would basically emphasize the marketing aspect of this site. Producers will be able to easily share their work with friends, fans, prospective clients, etc. with our viral tools.

I'll probably start working on this soon. Shouldn't take too long for me to put together (probably a week or two tops) but I would be completely open to any comments and possible features everyone would like to see incorporated. I'm a hip hop nerd (and computer nerd) and I've always thought this is something producers have needed. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited February 2011
    Options
    pingpong wrote: »
    Hey everyone. My homie and I had an idea and were wondering if it would be helpful to any producers out there. We are thinking about creating a website for all amateur and experienced producers alike to be able to...

- Create a complete portfolio of all their productions.
    - Sell projects based on single use licenses or can sell the song for fully contracted rights.
    - Market their portfolio extremely easily. There will be tools to sync the portfolio with the producer's Twitter, FB, YouTube accounts

Now I know there are a few sites out there already (the ones I have found don't seem very good at all), but basically what will make ours different is that it will be more designed as a tool for producers to market their work.

Both me and my friend are experienced programmers and expert internet marketers so we would basically emphasize the marketing aspect of this site. Producers will be able to easily share their work with friends, fans, prospective clients, etc. with our viral tools.

I'll probably start working on this soon. Shouldn't take too long for me to put together (probably a week or two tops) but I would be completely open to any comments and possible features everyone would like to see incorporated. I'm a hip hop nerd (and computer nerd) and I've always thought this is something producers have needed. Thanks everyone!

Like you said, there are others out there like it (i.e. iStandardproducer, PMPworldwide, etc. etc). You have to ask yourself what are you going to do with yours that is going to stand out above the rest and make it easy for people to navigate the site, market their music, learn and help guide every aspect of the business and obtain a common goal.

Good luck, bro!
  • pingpong
    pingpong Members Posts: 14
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!