What NY Borough has the worst rappers????

12345679»

Comments

• gullygully
    gullygully Members Posts: 60
    edited January 2011
    double plat off NY boros, if only NY rap in 2011 could have this type of buzz
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Where was waka flocka born?
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    manhattan/harlem

is the weakest...and im from ny...Brooklyn by the way

and for the ? who keeps putting 2pac with manhattan...please stop it
    cause everybody and there mothers know 2pac aint claim manhattan and never will....

2pac aint even claim the east coast.....let the west coast have him....

its like Busta Rhymes being fom Long Island but yet the ? claims Brooklyn....all the time
    the same with Prodigy i believe he is from long island, but he claims queens....

Nah Prodigy is from Quenns but he's not from Quennsbridge projects. He's from Lefrak which is in Corona.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    whichever one ron browz and maino is from
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    manhattan/harlem

is the weakest...and im from ny...Brooklyn by the way

and for the ? who keeps putting 2pac with manhattan...please stop it
    cause everybody and there mothers know 2pac aint claim manhattan and never will....

2pac aint even claim the east coast.....let the west coast have him....

its like Busta Rhymes being fom Long Island but yet the ? claims Brooklyn....all the time
    the same with Prodigy i believe he is from long island, but he claims queens....

it's the same ? who will swear that Michael Jordan is a product of NYC when the only thing he's ever repped is being from North Carolina
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    it's the same ? who will swear that Michael Jordan is a product of NYC when the only thing he's ever repped is being from North Carolina

Heared Pac talk a lot about california. From Oakland to LA...
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Bronx ftw.......smh at nigas saying manhatten. DIPSET
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited January 2011
    I don't get how Pac belongs to Harlem when Pac claims the West Coast. I don't go by where a rapper was born; I go with what they themselves claim. Since Tupac claimed the West Coast personally, I have to go with him claiming West Coast. As far as Manhattan not being the worst, how isn't it? Puff, Cam, Juelz, etc...all them ? are somehow good? You gotta be kidding me
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

LOL @ Cam's face at 1:30. He looks so pitiful lol
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited January 2011
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Again, ? all yall's vote. Manhattan has the worst rappers.

Was gonna say soebody betta mention they azz
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited January 2011
    Sooo lets play Devils Advocate for a minute.....Take the best 5 emcees out of each boro and let them go head to head in a rap battle, who wins?????
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    byrond0126 wrote: »
    Sooo lets play Devils Advocate for a minute.....Take the best 5 emcees out of each boro and let them go head to head in a rap battle, who wins?????

Brooklyn....easily. You know what, second thought. I say Queens. Illmatic/It Was Written Nas was the prototype lyricist. Wasn't nobody touching him in a pure rap off besides maybe Pun & AZ.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I don't get how Pac belongs to Harlem when Pac claims the West Coast. I don't go by where a rapper was born; I go with what they themselves claim. Since Tupac claimed the West Coast personally, I have to go with him claiming West Coast. As far as Manhattan not being the worst, how isn't it? Puff, Cam, Juelz, etc...all them ? are somehow good? You gotta be kidding me

cam used to be good and mase is dope plus big l
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

queens got kool g rap, nas ,retro prodigy,retro ll cool j,run
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited February 2011

i wouldnt even say 5 lets take the top 3 rapperss from every boro and pic a winner cause every boro dont have 5 top notch rappers but should have at least three and if dont they dont count then. And just for argument sake i still dont like the division in the game but i would say queens have the best rappers as a whole in the game.
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    so to what borough do Long Island cats like rakim and PE belong?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Beware wrote: »

.............N/A
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Beware wrote: »

None. LI isnt a borough. It just contains the boroughs of BK & Queens.
  • Lex!
    Lex! Members Posts: 273
    edited February 2011
    Long Island isnt a borrough if you lived in Ny you would know that

2nd i nominate Bronx i know they got pun but if you riding with fat joe bx lol thats a loss to me

ps im from the Island we got talent out here
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    How many songs or anthems does Pac have where he shouts, reps or big ups NYC/Harlem?? Vs how many times he did for California...

Conversly how many songs he made bashing the east and NYC in particular as opposed to songs in which he did the same against the west?

Another point do you consider Ludacris an ATL mc or chicago?? Or do you see DJ Premier an as East Coast producer or Down South producer??....

A Rakim quote sums up my point Im trying to make
    "It aint where you from but where your at".

i can see both sides of the argument but take for arguments sake where the artists made their break and blew up at

Pac was trying hard to be an nyc rapper.
    people forget that he was starting his big break ? wit nyc and nyc ? .
    it wasn't until he failed at bein tough in nyc that he put his tail between his legs and ran to the west coast and rallied the west up against nyc.
    also factor in that growin up 16 years in nyc, that easily was the influence for him to become a rapper.
    also the reason he had loyalty and tried to go back there after the underground..
    i wont say anything true but wild like everyone that raps owes it to the bronx and thus should rep the bronx, but if your artistry stems from your time spent in a region and you choose to rep that region then its fully ok for that region to claim you.
    hence why pac can be claimed by ny (although i wouldn't)

premier learned to make beats in bk.
    so that is why he claims ny and never the south. its where his artistry comes from
  • spc4mack
    spc4mack Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Nah Prodigy is from Quenns but he's not from Quennsbridge projects. He's from Lefrak which is in Corona.

Prodigy is not from Lefrak he is from Hempstead which on Long Island. More specifically Nassau County. He even says it in the song "Partys Over" on "The Infamous".
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    spc4mack wrote: »
    Prodigy is not from Lefrak he is from Hempstead which on Long Island. More specifically Nassau County. He even says it in the song "Partys Over" on "The Infamous".

He also spent time in Lefrak as well
  • spc4mack
    spc4mack Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    dwade206 wrote: »
    He also spent time in Lefrak as well

Props. I'm from the area and didn't even know that.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Bronx