Pride...Make you or Break You

13»

Comments

• deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Pride 90% of the time BREAKS you...

Pride will get a ? killed, beat up or shot
    Pride will make a ? cuss a chick out when she shoots him down in the club...LOL
    Pride will make a ? not ask for help when he truly needs it
    Pride will keep a UNEMPLOYED ? from working at a fast food restaurant

Pride 10% of the time is good when it will make a ? who's at the bottom, get off his ass and try to get something
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I have black pride. You don't suppose to have a prideful heart towards ? . However people think a person who debase themselves is humble. That's why you got so many women today being ? , because they believe they are being HUMBLE and down to earth. Women today are being stripped from their PRIDE as real women & debasing themselves. Do not be TRICKED into believing that humility is walking around with no SELF RESPECT.

Because a person loose self respect and diginity do not make them humbled. You suppose to have some sort of pride, but it's a sin to have PRIDEFUL HEARTS BEFORE ? . Be sure that you are rightly interpreting GODS WORD, and not twisting the meaning for selfish reasoning
  • Real Lady
    edited February 2011
    I think some mistaken PRIDE for being PRIDEFUL. What ? despise is a PRIDEFUL HEART. However some redefine it as if ? want us to be SLAVES.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    pride isnt a good thing

Proverbs 16:18-19 tells us that “pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.” Satan was cast out of heaven because of pride (Isaiah 14:12-15). He had the selfish audacity to attempt to replace ? Himself as the rightful ruler of the universe. But Satan will be cast down to hell in the final judgment of ? . For those who rise up in defiance against ? , there is nothing ahead but disaster (Isaiah 14:22).
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Pride 90% of the time BREAKS you...

Pride will get a ? killed, beat up or shot
    Pride will make a ? cuss a chick out when she shoots him down in the club...LOL
    Pride will make a ? not ask for help when he truly needs it
    Pride will keep a UNEMPLOYED ? from working at a fast food restaurant...
    These are examples of stupidity/irrationality.
  • Real Lady
    edited February 2011
    in the bible it says ? hates a person with pride

? hates the prideful heart. A person who who have a prideful heart can not receive the truth. Just as they can twist up a message of one having BLACK PRIDE as having a pridful sinful heart. Too many BLACK people in this country have lost their BLACK pride, and they have low self esteem, this do not make them HUMBLED. This makes them ASHAMED. Being a shameful person is being a person with a PRIDEFUL HEART. When a person have so much pride in the HEART, they walk around in shame when they see they have fault.

Like someone said. You got to have balance, and you have to equally divide the scriptures. Most people do not know the scriptures, they just know what a preacher told them. READ the word of ? FOR YOURSELF.

2 Timothy 2:15
    << 2 Timothy 1 | 2 Timothy 2 | 2 Timothy 3 >>
    15 Do your best to present yourself to ? as one approved, [1] a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned and come short to the glory of ? .

There is no such thing as one being without sin, therefore FAULT FINDING do not make the person finding fault SUPERIOR. Some people think that if they find fault in someone this discredit them as being a real child of ? . These kind of people have PRIDEFUL hearts they can not receive the truth, and often TWIST UP THE SCRIPTURES. These kind of people practice debasing others characteristics, as they boost upon themselves. They find no fault in themselves but they find fault in others. This is what ? is against. He is agaisnt people who boost upon themselves, he isnt against SELF ESTEEM.
    :
  • Real Lady
    edited February 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    pride isnt a good thing

Proverbs 16:18-19 tells us that “pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.” Satan was cast out of heaven because of pride (Isaiah 14:12-15). He had the selfish audacity to attempt to replace ? Himself as the rightful ruler of the universe. But Satan will be cast down to hell in the final judgment of ? . For those who rise up in defiance against ? , there is nothing ahead but disaster (Isaiah 14:22).

? do not want us to debase ourselves, being ? and slaves. I think people got the wrong sense of humility. If you keep reading you will see he's talking about about DEFIANCE AGAINST ? . PROUD SPIRITS. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACK PRIDE, or standing for MORALS and VALUES. It's the PROUD HEART. THE HEART THAT DO NOT RECEIVE TRUTH

What does the Bible say about pride?

246Share

Question: "What does the Bible say about pride?"

Answer: There is a difference between the kind of pride that ? hates (Proverbs 8:13) and the kind of pride we feel about a job well done. The kind of pride that stems from self-righteousness is sin, and ? hates it because it is a hindrance to seeking Him. Psalm 10:4 explains that the proud are so consumed with themselves that their thoughts are far from ? : “In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for ? .” This kind of haughty pride is the opposite of the spirit of humility that ? seeks: “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3). The “poor in spirit” are those who recognize their utter spiritual bankruptcy and their inability to come to ? aside from His divine grace. The proud, on the other hand, are so blinded by their pride that they think they have no need of ? or, worse, that ? should accept them as they are because they deserve His acceptance.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/pride-Bible.html
  • Black Cat
    Black Cat Members Posts: 86
    edited February 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    These are examples of stupidity/irrationality.

co-sign.

ppl here are confusing pride with foolishness. If anything too many ppl are lacking pride nowadays.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Damn.

Pride is especially a significant issue in black society. A white male may get "life tested" a certain amount of times in his life, but a black male?

Just off of pride alone certain activities are a life test for black males...

1. When you're young and bring a girl to the movies in the hood. You know dudes are going to be testing you.

2. Remember when you were young and stayed at the basketball court...after the son started setting and you knew you should have left? Then some "group" comes through and are like, "Yo, let me take a shot, let us play a game"

I could go on and on...it is sad.
    man I remember this all to well :(

"yo, little man let me see that ball for a minute"

*ends up watching their game on the sidelines*
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    That's the theme of Bleach this week, Kubo must have been reading this thread.

16.png

Whack.
  • Real Lady
    edited February 2011

Proverbs 16:5 (King James Version)

5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.
    The Psalms

A Prayer for the Overthrow of the Wicked
    1 Why standest thou afar off, O LORD?
    Why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?

2 The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor:
    let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.

3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire,
    and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after ? :
    ? is not in all his thoughts.

5 His ways are always grievous;
    thy judgments are far above out of his sight:
    as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.

6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved:
    for I shall never be in adversity.

7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit Rom. 3.14 and fraud:
    under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

8 He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages:
    in the secret places doth he murder the innocent:
    his eyes are privily set against the poor.

9 He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den:
    he lieth in wait to catch the poor:
    he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.

10 He croucheth, and humbleth himself,
    that the poor may fall by his strong ones.

11 He hath said in his heart, ? hath forgotten:
    he hideth his face; he will never see it.

12 Arise, O LORD; O ? , lift up thine hand:
    forget not the humble.

13 Wherefore doth the wicked contemn ? ?
    He hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.

14 Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite,
    to requite it with thy hand:
    the poor committeth himself unto thee;
    thou art the helper of the fatherless.

15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man:
    seek out his wickedness till thou find none.

16 The LORD is King for ever and ever:
    the heathen are perished out of his land.

17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble:
    thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

18 to judge the fatherless and the oppressed,
    that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

Personal Lyrics: Some boyz confused because I lost my tribe, that I'm black girl lost cause I look lost in the eyes, but I didnt Loose my pride"

The type of pride Iam speaking about is the Black Pride movement that died. I refuse to debase my character, and be turned into a ? and prostitute. I havent lost my self respect and dignity as a black woman. I am not speaking about sinful pride. I don't care who try to twist that meaning, but I know for sure that ? do not want me to live in whoredom or live like a slave.

Black pride is a slogan used to raise awareness of black racial identity, and to express solidarity. Related movements include black nationalism and Afrocentrism.

The slogan has been used in the United States by African Americans to celebrate heritage and personal pride. The black pride movement is closely linked with the developments of the American civil rights movement, during which figures such as Martin Luther King, Jr., A. Philip Randolph, Malcom X and Stokely Carmichael spoke out against the conditions of the United States' segregated society, and lobbied for better treatment for people of all races.

The black pride movement permeated into the work of African American popular musicians. The Impressions's song "We're a Winner", written by their lead singer, Curtis Mayfield, became a virtual anthem of the black pride movement, as did James Brown's "Say It Loud - I'm Black and I'm Proud", and Martha & the Vandellas' "Dancing in the Street"

The black pride movement is very prevalent in Brazil, especially throughout their poorer population, and in the Brazilian funk music genre. Brazilian funk’s origin reflects Brazilian black resistance. Ethnomusicologist George Yúdice states that youths were engaging black culture mediated by a U.S. culture industry met with many arguments against their susceptibility to cultural colonization. Although it borrows some ingredients from hip hop, its style still remains unique to the Brazil (specifically Rio and São Paulo).[1]

Black pride has been a central theme of the originally Jamaican Rastafari movement since the second half of the 20th century. It has been described as "a rock in the face of expressions of white superiority".[2].
  • Black Cat
    edited February 2011
    ^^^What's up with the font size? It's hurting my head
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Black Cat wrote: »
    ^^^What's up with the font size? It's hurting my head

? the font size ? the post & sig hurt my head, confusing as ? , you see the big letters and expect it to be some enlighten message, but ? more confusing than ever now
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    nothing wrong with pride

now foolish pride............................that's a whole different story

pride makes you stand up

foolish pride gets you knocked down

did that make sense ?

well it doesn't matter because I just made it up and it sounds good
  • Real Lady
    edited February 2011
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    ? the font size ? the post & sig hurt my head, confusing as ? , you see the big letters and expect it to be some enlighten message, but ? more confusing than ever now

Fools can only brainwash fools that Iam a ? . If you think REAL & WISE people dislike me think again.
  • Black Cat
    edited February 2011
    Real Lady wrote: »
    Fools can only brainwash fools that Iam a ? . If you think REAL & WISE people dislike me think again.

LOL

hilarious!!
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Real Lady wrote: »

didn't think you were dumb, a lil off- hell yeah

its like you got so much to say but don't know how to put it in order, ? be all over the place

like your post here its about pride, well you posted some stuff bout pride which was extra confusing cuz I got from it you were against pride becuz you felt the bible teaches us to be so

but then you post some ? bout black pride, and from there it got confusing, so I took a re-read and became even more confused, skip real lady ARE YOU A REAL PERSONA or an alias
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited February 2011
    one of my school mates died from because his PRIDE.....heres how it went down

Dude had it all, a good job,car,nice crib decked out etc......

then one day he hit rock bottom he couldnt pay his bills etc....so his pride wouldnt allow him to ask for help

so one of my cousins worked at this loan shop,,,he didnt know she worked there he called for a loan etc..after 5 minutes of talkin etc...she called out his name,he was shocked etc...so his pride wouldnt let him go and get the loan etc....

people tried helpin him etc...so again his PRIDE wouldnt let him so after weeks or so passed by he finally brought a Generator,the ones you put outside the house,instead his PRIDE wouldnt allow him to let his neighbors seeing him on his lowest point,so dude put the Generator inside of his HOUSE....Huge Mistake in the world!!.....days later they found him dead in his house unresponsive cause his PRIDE killed him

He died from
    Carbon Monoxide Poisoning..cause of his pride

sounds mad haitian. but i think im wrong
  • zoepian
    edited February 2011
    too much of anything aint good.. unless its ? or money...
  • zoepian
    edited February 2011
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    pride right now is the reason why i fell in love and the other reason why that same woman is going to mess it up for any other woman that tries to get close to me....I allowed myself to think that I was too good to be turned down, and this girl ? on my face....now i feel like she insulted my pride...and love has no part to play in how I feel about her now....it has officially made me cold hearted...I cannot love because my pride wont let me. So yes pride is the one thing that determines everything and how you react to it

yea ? can do that to a ? .. but no lie.. that pride will u hold u up till ur back to normal.. if u ever get backt o normal.. lol.. but at least ur pride aint gon let u be weak over that situation
  • zoepian
    edited February 2011
    theres nothing wrong with that,...if your pride is too high to the point you have to hurt people like rob them or sell drugs ,then you Lost either way you look at it

a real man will find a job instead of being on the block or plotting to rob some bank cause times are hard

i dont know what people go through their lives to make em be so stupid to risk their lives and freedoms over something that can be easily deactivated

I rather be judged by 12 than be carried by 6

u jus dont know the life
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

description of a fool... aka foolish pride