The Joker

Options
Biggwillie
Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Quite Comical
Heath Ledger's preformace of the Joker was far from the Joker. The Joker in the Dark Knight was full of anger and rage. I expected more smiling and jokes yet sinister plots to take over Gotham city. Not painful childhood memories that brought the atmosphere down. What do you think? Happy Joker or Depressed Joker?

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    both types of Jokers is good

The Mark Hamill Joker is the best type of Joker... Not too Happy or Depress... just Crazy...

thats why everyone say Mark Hamill is the Joker
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Heath Ledger Joker is GOAT
    Mark Hamill has the best Joker voice

there was no sad childhood memories wit Heath Ledgers Joker becuz all those stories where fabricated

Heath Ledgers performance put a method behind Joker's madness... made him more realistic
    he was funny, relentless, unfeeling (Batman bashed him repeatedly in the interrogation room and all Joker did was laff)
    even at the end of the movie he was all smiles
    he even created Two-Face in the movie
    I loved the part where he put Two Faces gun to his head and cocced it bacc (now thats insane)

Heath Ledgers Joker was as close to perfection as you could get in my opinion

NOW I think the real question is why the fucc does Christian Bale's raspy voice raggedy mouthed Batman succ so bad???
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

there was no sad childhood memories wit Heath Ledgers Joker becuz all those stories where fabricated

Heath Ledgers performance put a method behind Joker's madness... made him more realistic
    he was funny, relentless, unfeeling (Batman bashed him repeatedly in the interrogation room and all Joker did was laff)
    I loved the part where he put Two Faces gun to his head and cocced it bacc (now thats insane)

NOW I think the real question is why the fucc does Christian Bale's raspy voice raggedy mouthed Batman succ so bad???

I agree with the last statement. That Batman depressed me worse than the Joker did. But a Joker similar to the one in the animated series from the 90's would have been more closer to character to me. Just my opinion though. Its not right or wrong.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You have to member something about J's origin, there's no definitive Joker origin (at one I know of,) The Joker's origin varies. The definitive one is the one he likes the best at that particular time. This is why Jack Nicholason's and Heath Ledger's performance's work for me. It's just J pretending to be somebody else. You have to remember, in the Dark Knight, J never says where he comes from or how he came to be, he just is.

As far as performances goes, Ledger nailed it. Ledger brought to life the nut I've been reading for the past twenty years. Ledger's Joker is the one who beat Jason Todd seneless and enjoy it. Ledger's Joker is also the one who could pop Barbara Gordon for no reason. If feel sorry for the next dude who gets that role, his immediately going to be compared to Ledger. I just hope the next guy who plays The Joker gives us his version of J's insanity as opposed to trying to be Heath Ledger as The Joker.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There shouldnt even be another joker played by an actor after heath killed it. He had an out of body experience
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So the Joker is not full of ANGER and RAGE???

um... remember what he did to Barbara Gordon?
    remember what he did to Jason Todd?
    remember what he does to Harley Quinn when she ? him off?

the Joker has multiple personalities throughout his history

sometimes he's a harmless prankster and other times he's a ragin, psychotic, homicidal, mass murdering lunatic...

thats what makes the Joker the Joker... you never kno what the fucc he's gonna be on when you see him

you can make the argument that Heath Ledger only played one facet of the Jokers personality

but at the end of the day he was the Joker nonetheless
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You have to member something about J's origin, there's no definitive Joker origin (at one I know of,) The Joker's origin varies. The definitive one is the one he likes the best at that particular time. This is why Jack Nicholason's and Heath Ledger's performance's work for me. It's just J pretending to be somebody else. You have to remember, in the Dark Knight, J never says where he comes from or how he came to be, he just is.

As far as performances goes, Ledger nailed it. Ledger brought to life the nut I've been reading for the past twenty years. Ledger's Joker is the one who beat Jason Todd seneless and enjoy it. Ledger's Joker is also the one who could pop Barbara Gordon for no reason. If feel sorry for the next dude who gets that role, his immediately going to be compared to Ledger. I just hope the next guy who plays The Joker gives us his version of J's insanity as opposed to trying to be Heath Ledger as The Joker.

smh jus ONE bad day is all it takes....
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i think the joker full of anger and rage is not a good joker...

remember all the things he did to batgirl, ( Tim Drake on the animated series), and Jason Todd was all not out of anger but out of a laugh...

thats what makes him the greatest.. he needs no rhyme or reason to ? someone
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joker the goat
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    go to wikipedia..... they have a great joker page....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_joker
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his voice made u wanna go get some hauls for that ? . only 2 people here on out will only be allowed to play the joker...nicholson...ledger. only person to do the joker's voice...hammil. that's it. no one should EVER do these roles again.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his voice made u wanna go get some hauls for that ? . only 2 people here on out will only be allowed to play the joker...nicholson...ledger. only person to do the joker's voice...hammil. that's it. no one should EVER do these roles again.

nah other ppl should play the joker
    they should make a rated r joker movie
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So the Joker is not full of ANGER and RAGE???

um... remember what he did to Barbara Gordon?
    remember what he did to Jason Todd?
    remember what he does to Harley Quinn when she ? him off?

the Joker has multiple personalities throughout his history

sometimes he's a harmless prankster and other times he's a ragin, psychotic, homicidal, mass murdering lunatic...

thats what makes the Joker the Joker... you never kno what the fucc he's gonna be on when you see him

you can make the argument that Heath Ledger only played one facet of the Jokers personality

but at the end of the day he was the Joker nonetheless

It's not about anger and rage with the Joker. It never is.

He does the things he does, simply because he thinks he might get a good laugh out of it. And in his own twisted way, he's trying to let everyone in on the joke.

It's all about the game to him. This is why, even though it's been hinted at that the Joker likely does know that Batman is Bruce Wayne, he hasn't exploited that knowledge, or he's simply decided that he doesn't care. To exploit that knowledge would take Batman out of the game, and he enjoys the mental chess game with Batman too much.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i like how in the comics joker KNOWS he's in a comic....

mad ppl miss that, he'll be talking directly tot he reader, and other characters be like

"yo who u talking to?"
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i like how in the comics joker KNOWS he's in a comic....

mad ppl miss that, he'll be talking directly tot he reader, and other characters be like

"yo who u talking to?"

he does do that... i think they call it breaking the forth wall or something...

people will never understand why joker is the GOAT...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not too much of a fan of the joker