Would black people descended from slave owners have to pay reperations?

glowy
glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If reparations were ever instituted.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    The day reparation are passed out is the day the last ? lives.. and the day that white posters arent masquerading as negroes on the internet
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    family trees spread wide
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    It's alot of mixing of the races, i'm quite sure barely anyone is pure blood! Not unless you're ? 's great grankids or some ? !!!!!!!!!!!
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's alot of mixing of the races, i'm quite sure barely anyone is pure blood! Not unless you're ? 's great grankids or some ? !!!!!!!!!!!

I think ? was half-jew, or something like that.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    did these black people reap direct profits from slavery?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    glowy wrote: »
    I think ? was half-jew, or something like that.

? , yeah he was. Well you get the point, some racist ? group or something.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    you got.....
    2 grandfathers
    4 great grand fathers
    8 great great grand fathers
    & 16 great great great grandfathers...who may have or may have not been slaves....

they ain't figureing that ? out
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    if you mean blacks like obama, who are african or nonamerican black and half white, then yes

but if youre mixed because of slave ? or jim crow exploitation then that doesnt make sense at all

and if you have a full blooded white ancestor past a certain point, then yes you should
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    education and land subsidies...
    and no taxes on income.. but like i said...
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited February 2011
    as long as black people as a whole arent respected and have no real clout, reparations will continue to be nothing more than a dream.

people dont give a ? about you unless its in their best interests to

and , seriously, americans are insensitive to the injustices they face/have faced. They sit back with their thumb in their ass and wade in arrogance and the genuine belief that america is the apex of life and humanity

so do you think someone who turns a blind eye to their own problems (past and or present) is gonna give a ? about urs?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Do any of you seriously see reparations ever happening??? Cause if I was white, they told me I had to pay some black people for what my fam did 200 years ago, Im giving out a big ? you.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    the mixing of races....killed that chance of blacks getting reperations
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    if it didnt happen in 1865 it wont ever happen but still .....

i needs my cash lil ?
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    black people will never get reparations because slaves were bought from african merchants

thats like giving a refund to your stereo
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited February 2011
    Kushington wrote: »
    black people will never get reparations because slaves were bought from african merchants

thats like giving a refund to your stereo

them being purchased from someone who "looks like them" doesnt absolve the fact that slavery's labor spring boarded so many industries and led to the accumulation of so much capital. which led to even more capital...so on and so forth..

how did those merchants do after the initial sale from an economic standpoint?
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    if it didnt happen in 1865 it wont ever happen but still .....

i needs my cash lil ?

c/s........
    thay aint get ? back then
    and we damn sho wont get nothin now
    i couldnt imagine us gettin free money
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    them being purchased from someone who "looks like them" doesnt absolve the fact that slavery's labor spring boarded so many industries and led to the accumulation of so much capital. which led to even more capital...so on and so forth..

how did those merchants do after the initial sale from an economic standpoint?

if they gave african slave descendants reparations,then african countries who were destroyed by colonialism and economic dependency would need their bread too, then asian, then latin, then austrialian
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited February 2011
    if they gave african slave descendants reparations,then african countries who were destroyed by colonialism and economic dependency would need their bread too, then asian, then latin, then austrialian

not necessarily.

that isnt a given...

they dont HAVE to do ? lmao..which is why we are sitting here fantasizing about it
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    yeah well white people are willing to take to the streets to protest legislation that was supposed to eliminate the ability for them to get screwed out of decent, affordable health care by insurance companies. those same crackas that talk about death panels are also against medicare and social security (even though half of them receive it). they think the president is a secret muslim and not even an american citizen simply because he's black.

just imagine what would happen if we got 200 years of no income tax and free college - the KKK would become a legitimate 3rd political party.

it would also be the official end of the "one drop" rule when they have dudes that look like wesley snipes having to produce non-existent slave records and dna samples and ? just to qualify as black all of a sudden.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    The day reparation are passed out is the day the last ? lives.. and the day that white posters arent masquerading as negroes on the internet
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    If I'm unsatisfied with my purchase of these Africans, can I send them back to the manufacturer?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    not necessarily.

that isnt a given...

they dont HAVE to do ? lmao..which is why we are sitting here fantasizing about it
    lol
    If I'm unsatisfied with my purchase of these Africans, can I send them back to the manufacturer?

No, just Slave Credits towards a house ? of your choice.

Do you have your receipt?

I recommend All_Reasonedout. He'll be nice and obedient.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    to show you how whites dont give a damn about blacks

they rather pay the same people they claim(the middle easterns) billions a year,the same ? fuggaz who bombed this country on 9/11 to rebuild their country

but they wont even attempt to pay ? reperations,aint that some cold ass ? ??
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    darxwell wrote: »
    do you have your receipt?
    ? .

________x
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Due to availibiliity of slave labor , poor working whites were in less demand and recieved less wages.

Should their descendants [especiallly if still dirt poor] pay reparations ?

And how about descendants of whites who came to USA after 1865 [like maybe came in 1920] ?
    Should their descendants pay reparations ?

Should blacks [and descendants of them] that came to America after 1865 also get a cut of the reparation pie ?
    Or [since some of their forefathers caught and sold slaves at the port] should they chip in to pay the reparations ?

Should descendants of house slaves get same as descendants of field slaves ?

If it were known/proved that in order to get better living conditions, a particular female slave deliberately
    seduced a master [anyone deny that occured ?] and her children/descendants were economically benefited
    by her union with the master,... should they get reparations equal to that of descendants of blacks
    who had no such unions ?

No doubt particular familys,... mainly S.plantation owners,... greatlly profitted from slave labor.

What percent of 1850 white Americans owned a plantation/slaves ?

Some think slave labor made USA prosperous. I think it was peaceful environment, economic reward for productivity and advanced technology.