LE Tournament #1 CHAMPIONSHIP Round - Disciplined InSight versus esco soprano

Options
raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited February 2011 in Lyrical Executions
Disciplined InSight versus esco soprano
THE CHAMPIONSHIP
LYRICAL EXECUTIONS TOURNAMENT #1
  • Check in by Saturday, February 11, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Verses are due by Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Voting will end on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Rules
Mandatory 16 lines.
Only one round.
5 votes first wins or most votes by the end date.
3 votes to 0 is a KO.
50 posts to vote unless you are participating in the tourney.
All votes MUST be explained well and no crew or hate votes.
NO FEEDING.
Take criticism like a man. Everyone has their own opinion. Use the Predictions/? Talking Thread to voice your opinions, not this battle thread. Lastly, caught biting will disqualify you. Good luck.

If any of you need an extension on the verse due date BC of Valentine's Day, let me know.

Comments

• esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Esco checking in
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Check....................
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This one should be a good brutal battle...
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    is this the championship round??

DI better come hard.. so i can say yea i battled him lol... (*that's an honor btw)..
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm flame blasting..you'll succumb against the Godbody dripping with lame passion.
    Your flow couldn't connect on the money no ? ..you lacking dope chain transactions.
    This is illegal, your prey to my cerebral no need for a sequel.
    One punch you'll draw up..cope with defeat'll..position yourself to be undeveloped no equal.
    The death sentence is fatal I'll make sure nothing can save you.
    When the beef cooks..you'll be tied to stakes burnt well done, center cut chest to navel.
    Prime rap'll have your spine snapped not able to stand aligned a fact.
    Your anticipation to bust..faded to black quicker than stage drama sex scenes in ? .
    Get expected to scorched not spared in sight you bit the snare I strike.
    Like dwarfs in shrink wrap your growth's suppressed in heat fighting to be fahrenheit.
    You're infantile so prepare to get thrown to the leeches.
    Get found ? in the sack killed by the wire like homemade abortionists killing a fetus.
    I spit with murderours intent you was never hard like flint.
    He's a lexicon artist..drawing up diciton that scream out fraudulence.
    Prepare for a violent murkage this ? ? on spot against the surface.
    He's draped up..high enough for all to see I guess in this it's closed curtains.
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got disciplined 'in' my 'sights' like +shooters on the roof+
    I spit voodoo on the booth like black magic
    my 'wordplay' is +acrobatic+ and its tragic for ? perpatratin as MCs
    Easily dodgin' ur slights Disciplined "points" are useless like +knives in a gun fight+
    Insightful disciple follow me like lambs this is textual slaughter
    eventual martyr for this rap ? and your no challenger you're barely a sparring partner
    you're lookin' at the +author+ of the ~Art of War~ and I'm the king of these check one, twos
    allhiphop's own yes the one and only come test ~Sun Tzu~
    I came into this battle with 'nothin' to lose' like +career criminals+
    ~minded~ like 'KRS' blinded by my fury I'm Lyrical Executions own judge and jury
    an executioner's dream cuz Disciplined stay talkin' out his neck
    I'm so sick in the mind I should be committed somebody write the hospital out a check
    +superman+ I'ma keep bending these barz defying physics with great defense denying pivots
    D.I. can't ? with me he's reached his lyrical ceilin' meanwhile I'm taking over like an empirical villain serial illin'
    sooner or later he'll learn I stand alone and I'm a "beast on text" like +teens+ with their +first cell phone+
    and the "King's no Asiatic but still I'm Nobody's Equal" I'm just kickin' facts masterfully skilled I'm +young gifted and black+
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hope that's ur last edit
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Disciplined InSight versus esco soprano
    All votes MUST be explained well and no crew or hate votes.
    NO FEEDING.

I'm trying to be easy but enough with edits duke.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's not in the rules to correct grammatical errors.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Disciplined InSight
    I'm flame blasting..you'll succumb against the Godbody dripping with lame passion.
    Your flow couldn't connect on the money no ? ..you lacking dope chain transactions. 6.5/10
    Weak opener. Nice multis nonetheless. Felt the first line was filler and the 2nd line was the punch but not very good.
    One punch you'll draw up..cope with defeat'll..position yourself to be undeveloped no equal. 6/10
    Starting to sense a flow. First line was more filler but slides BC seems like another set-up for a punch. 2nd line was not much of a punch.
    When the beef cooks..you'll be tied to stakes burnt well done, center cut chest to navel. 8/10
    Big improvement here. Loving the consistent use of multis tied in with metas but this one is different BC it goes hard in the 2nd line.
    Your anticipation to bust..faded to black quicker than stage drama sex scenes in ? . 8/10
    First time I'm noticing punches in both lines of the set. First one was good and 2nd was not as good. Nice multis in the first line that made sense.
    Like dwarfs in shrink wrap your growth's suppressed in heat fighting to be fahrenheit. 7.5/10
    These lines were confusing. I read them a few times but I liked them overall. Not the hardest punches but definitely not filler.
    Get found ? in the sack killed by the wire like homemade abortionists killing a fetus. 7/10
    Set-up + punch technique. Punch was good but a bit forced.
    He's a lexicon artist..drawing up diciton that scream out fraudulence. 7/10
    I liked that you had two punches in this set but neither was hard hitting. Basic.
    He's draped up..high enough for all to see I guess in this it's closed curtains. 8.5/10
    First line okay but second line was sick. I've seen many closed curtain lines but not like that.

Disciplined InSight verse - 7.31/10

esco soprano
    I spit voodoo on the booth like black magic 6/10
    Not a fan of not rhyming at the end of your lines even if the rhyme comes later in the verse. Thought the first line was played and the second was filler.
    Easily dodgin' ur slights Disciplined "points" are useless like +knives in a gun fight+ 7/10
    I thought you were going to go somewhere with the first line about him being a ? posing as an MC. I liked the 2nd line. Would've rated this higher had it rhymed.
    eventual martyr for this rap ? and your no challenger you're barely a sparring partner 6.5/10
    Sick multies but lacked punch.
    you're lookin' at the +author+ of the ~Art of War~ and I'm the king of these check one, twos
    allhiphop's own yes the one and only come test ~Sun Tzu~ 6/10
    One of your sickest sets in here but was pure boast. Not a diss.
    ~minded~ like 'KRS' blinded by my fury I'm Lyrical Executions own judge and jury 5.5/10
    More boast and not as hard as the Sun Tzu lines.
    I'm so sick in the mind I should be committed somebody write the hospital out a check 7.5/10
    Even though the 2nd line was more boast, I really liked that first line. It was sick but would've been higher rated if you kept jabbing.
    +superman+ I'ma keep bending these barz defying physics with great defense denying pivots
    D.I. can't ? with me he's reached his lyrical ceilin' meanwhile I'm taking over like an empirical villain serial illin' 8/10
    Really good multies first off comes across as 75% boast but I liked the superman-bendhisbars meta. 2nd line was not as hard.
    sooner or later he'll learn I stand alone and I'm a "beast on text" like +teens+ with their +first cell phone+
    and the "King's no Asiatic but still I'm Nobody's Equal" I'm just kickin' facts masterfully skilled I'm +young gifted and black+ 6/10
    I would probably say 90% of those lines are boast. I say 90% BC you said "sooner or later he'll learn..." but that was it lol. but if you took those 5 words out, it's all boast. Sick nonetheless.

Esco Soprano verse - 6.56/10

Vote - Disciplined InSight
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Let's get some votes before the deadline tonight. Up!
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    GOOD BATTLE, LIKE I KNEW IT WOULD BE

Disciplined Insight:
    Your flow couldn't connect on the money no ? ..you lacking dope chain transactions.
    One punch you'll draw up..cope with defeat'll..position yourself to be undeveloped no equal.
    Hard Multi's, Good punch, Good metaphors, Good Wordplay
    When the beef cooks..you'll be tied to stakes burnt well done, center cut chest to navel.
    Your anticipation to bust..faded to black quicker than stage drama sex scenes in ? .
    Nice Multi's, Hard metaphors, Good punch, Nice wordplay
    Like dwarfs in shrink wrap your growth's suppressed in heat fighting to be fahrenheit.
    Get found ? in the sack killed by the wire like homemade abortionists killing a fetus.
    Decent punch, decent wordplay, nice metaphors
    He's draped up..high enough for all to see I guess in this it's closed curtains.
    Good metaphor, good punch, nice wordplay, decent multi

Esco:
    Easily dodgin' ur slights Disciplined "points" are useless like +knives in a gun fight+
    Decent punch, decent multi, nice wordplay, nice metaphor
    eventual martyr for this rap ? and your no challenger you're barely a sparring partner
    Hard Multis, Good punch, Good metaphors, nice wordplay
    ~minded~ like 'KRS' blinded by my fury I'm Lyrical Executions own judge and jury
    I'm so sick in the mind I should be committed somebody write the hospital out a check
    Decent punch, nice wordplay, Good metaphor
    D.I. can't ? with me he's reached his lyrical ceilin' meanwhile I'm taking over like an empirical villain serial illin'
    and the "King's no Asiatic but still I'm Nobody's Equal" I'm just kickin' facts masterfully skilled I'm +young gifted and black+
    Nice punch, Nice metaphor, Nice wordplay, Nice Multi

Punches: Tie (both had nice punches)
    Multis: Esco (both had nice multis but esco edged it out)
    Metaphors: D.I. (both had nice metaphors but D.I edged it out)
    Wordplay: Tie (both had nice wordplay)
    Flow: Tie ( both verses had a good flow)
    Overall Post: D.I (after going through line per line vs line per line, D.I. won it overall)

Vote: Disciplined Insight (5 categories to 4 categories)
    GOOD BATTLE..GOOD VERSES BY BOTH RAPPERS
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm going to extend voting until the end of tonight BC some crazy stuff happened to this section yesterday. I'm going to see about getting some more votes too.
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LOL at mofos trying their hardest to come up with big words and both them ? was reaching a bit to be honest. I don't understand all of the '+' and '~' signs either. makes it harder to read the rhyme and get the flow. Some like the complex ? just for the sake of it being complex. But me, I like ? to just flow and made sense without over doing it. I didn't feel any of the lines were 'OHHHHH SHIIIIIIIT' type material. I felt both tried too hard to over do it and it messed up the flow of the battle to me and both verses came out sounding a bit too choppy for my taste. since both over reached, I got to pick the one with the most complex rhyme eventhough I wasn't feeling either of them to be quite honest. So I'm unenthusiastically going to pick DI.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got disciplined 'in' my 'sights' like +shooters on the roof+-i like this line
    I spit voodoo on the booth like black magic-weak
    my 'wordplay' is +acrobatic+ and its tragic for ? perpatratin as MCs-weak mostly just rhymin imo
    Easily dodgin' ur slights Disciplined "points" are useless like +knives in a gun fight+-played line ,not good
    Insightful disciple follow me like lambs this is textual slaughter-nice wordplay
    eventual martyr for this rap ? and your no challenger you're barely a sparring partner-ok but could of ended better
    you're lookin' at the +author+ of the ~Art of War~ and I'm the king of these check one, twos-good set up
    allhiphop's own yes the one and only come test ~Sun Tzu~-makes sense,it rhymes but not a strong punch
    I came into this battle with 'nothin' to lose' like +career criminals+-good set up
    ~minded~ like 'KRS' blinded by my fury I'm Lyrical Executions own judge and jury-seems like a continued set up
    an executioner's dream cuz Disciplined stay talkin' out his neck-very strong ending
    I'm so sick in the mind I should be committed somebody write the hospital out a check-ok line
    +superman+ I'ma keep bending these barz defying physics with great defense denying pivots-strong line
    D.I. can't ? with me he's reached his lyrical ceilin' meanwhile I'm taking over like an empirical villain serial illin'- sounds a little too forced to me
    sooner or later he'll learn I stand alone and I'm a "beast on text" like +teens+ with their +first cell phone+-nice simile
    like the bdk references but weak ending and just a boast

i will give this a 4.5
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm flame blasting..you'll succumb against the Godbody dripping with lame passion.-dont like it
    Your flow couldn't connect on the money no ? ..you lacking dope chain transactions.-i like this line
    This is illegal, your prey to my cerebral no need for a sequel.-good multis
    One punch you'll draw up..cope with defeat'll..position yourself to be undeveloped no equal.-cope will defeat'll? but you rhymed alot not very strong boxing references imo

The death sentence is fatal I'll make sure nothing can save you.-good set up
    When the beef cooks..you'll be tied to stakes burnt well done, center cut chest to navel.-nice punch strong line
    Prime rap'll have your spine snapped not able to stand aligned a fact.-strong line imo
    Your anticipation to bust..faded to black quicker than stage drama sex scenes in ? .-i never went to a play but i like this line.
    i will take your word for it

Get expected to scorched not spared in sight you bit the snare I strike.-strong line imo
    Like dwarfs in shrink wrap your growth's suppressed in heat fighting to be fahrenheit.-seems forced i get fahrenheight but ...
    You're infantile so prepare to get thrown to the leeches.-i like the horror of this
    Get found ? in the sack killed by the wire like homemade abortionists killing a fetus.-strong line
    I spit with murderours intent you was never hard like flint.-i like the simple simile of flint
    He's a lexicon artist..drawing up diciton that scream out fraudulence.-i like this line
    Prepare for a violent murkage this ? ? on spot against the surface.-i like the invention of murkage
    -good ending

i give this a 5 so my vote is for d.i.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good opener...good rhyme..shooters on the roof, spit voodoo on the booth like black magic
    Interesting line...wordplay is acrobatic thragic , dp useless like knives in a gun fight
    Good line..follow him like lamb is textual slaughter, no challenger to be sparring partner
    Good personal and line author of the art of war..
    Nice line...good krs wordplay
    Good hospital line..
    Good superman line denying pivots..taking over villans..
    Good ending....King no Asiatic but still I'm nobodys Equal.
    Esco Soprano: had a good body verse, good punchlines, creative wordplay, and good mulites.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good opener...he's flame blasting, you'll succumb against to Godbody dripping
    Nice bar...cerebral no need for a sequel...goodline..one punch position yourself undeveloped no equal.
    Good rhyme...nice bar...center cut chest to navel...good line.
    Okay line
    Good line...spared in sight you bit the snare I strike, heat fighting to be fahrenheit.
    Good horror line
    Good line he's a lexicon artist..drawing up diction that scream out fraudulence.
    Good ending ...he draped , its closed curtains

Disciplined InSight -8.3
    Reason why Disciplined InSight won...his verse was stronger, had more direction towards oponent, but Esco Sopranos was strong but not more directed as Disciplined InSight...The battle was good, very strong, and creative work. Good luck to Esco Sopranos and Diciplined InSight in the future battles or any typing verse..both m.c are good and talented. Thank for letting Love yal vote.
    Vote:Disciplined InSight
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ ? .

When it comes to the words, I don't have to try though. And 'flow' in text is different than flow in real live audio, which in text it's more on wordplay and metaphors. I can do both flawlessly..But in all honesty, my verse was put together really quick. But thanks on the criticisms.
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Expected a better battle for the championship round but it's all good. My vote goes to Disciplined InSight for a number of reasons. His verse took a lot more shots at his opponent whereas Esco's verse was a mix of bragging with a few personal shots... I think boosting yourself in a rap battle should be avoided unless it's a really sick line. You always get more laughs/"oohs" by insulting someone else. InSight also had the better flow and rhyme scheme; Esco's rhyme scheme was a bit random for a rap battle and it made it harder for me to pinpoint the flow. Granted, flow isn't as important in a text battle but I still like to see an attempt at some sort of structure. Both have pretty solid vocab and metaphors but once again, InSight's lines were more relevant because he was taking shots at his opponent. One thing in Esco's favour was the fact that he did try to personalize some of his shots against InSight; Insight's lines weren't really customized for his opponent... With that said though, it was still a better verse.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How come my post was removed?

I voted for Esco and I had a long explanation about why I thought he slightly edged Disciplined Insight in this particular battle.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    How come my post was removed?

I voted for Esco and I had a long explanation about why I thought he slightly edged Disciplined Insight in this particular battle.

What post? Didn't you say in your vote that you wrote a long explanation but got an error message?
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Congratulations to Disciplined InSight for winning LE Tournament #1! You definitely have skills homie. Hope you will be back to defend your title in LE Tournament #2.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Congrats to Disciplined InSight. I know you got me good in our semi-final round.

I'm still a little perplexed at what happened with my original post though. I hope no OTHER votes for Esco disappeared as well when Ducky was hacking the site.

Definitely sign me up for the next battle. I will bring the heatrocks this time...
This discussion has been closed.