This is how a new talented rapper sounds like

just.might.b.ok
just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Essence
album is hella dope, full of jazzy beats, production wise reminds of Nujabes, Incise is that dude when it comes to lyrics, none of the features on the album suck, its becoming a classic to me:
dunno if we're alllowed to post a link

Comments

• renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    only problem is that neither are new lol...i used to l;listen to production by incise when i was 17 lol he had a couple ep's with a canadian rapper named prince ali. The 49'ers been out at least 4 years as well.But i do agree the talent thats shown there should b mandatory for all artist
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm ? with this!!
  • traestar
    edited February 2011
    only problem is that neither are new lol...i used to l;listen to production by incise when i was 17 lol he had a couple ep's with a canadian rapper named prince ali. The 49'ers been out at least 4 years as well.But i do agree the talent thats shown there should b mandatory for all artist

BIIIGGGG Shoutout to Prince Ali aka P.A., I rep the Canadian Prince Ali, there's another one in the west I believe!

I wonder if he has any new music!! I Miss 1994 was one of the greatest "Free" Hip Hop albums of all time!!
  • traestar
    edited February 2011
    Now I know who Incise is, oh he's definitely not a new artist/producer
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Incise aint new, but good ?
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    BIIIGGGG Shoutout to Prince Ali aka P.A., I rep the Canadian Prince Ali, there's another one in the west I believe!

I wonder if he has any new music!! I Miss 1994 was one of the greatest "Free" Hip Hop albums of all time!!

yea i have both i miss 1993 and 1994 ep's. Havnt really heard anything new from him since and every time i search around i come up with the one from the west coast who mainly freestyles. But yea him and k-os were the first canadian artist that i listend to kinda got me into music from canada.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited February 2011
    Never heard of him before but that's an awesome song... might check out some of his other stuff based on this one
  • traestar
    edited February 2011
    yea i have both i miss 1993 and 1994 ep's. Havnt really heard anything new from him since and every time i search around i come up with the one from the west coast who mainly freestyles. But yea him and k-os were the first canadian artist that i listend to kinda got me into music from canada.

I have both as well, 1993 is just as great! But as far as Canadian artists/producers, I would add Eternia, Moss, Kardinal Offishall, K'naan, Promise, Saukrates, and Moka Only on that list!!!
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Incise is dope, I have his 2008 tape, Nobody's Story as well as some of his work with Prince Ali. Good drop :tu

No doubt, I Miss 1994's production was stunning. The Incistroduction was flawless. Possibly one of my favourite beats... but it was ridiculously wasted coming in at under one minute... but I have listened to it like 100 times lol.
  • traestar
    edited February 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Incise is dope, I have his 2008 tape, Nobody's Story as well as some of his work with Prince Ali. Good drop :tu

No doubt, I Miss 1994's production was stunning. The Incistroduction was flawless. Possibly one of my favourite beats... but it was ridiculously wasted coming in at under one minute... but I have listened to it like 100 times lol.

Same here man, I could take that album anywhere and vibe out..>WORD!!
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Same here man, I could take that album anywhere and vibe out..>WORD!!

No doubt!! I was really hoping that he would do a complete 1990's re-work, I thought that would have been a niche that would have powered his popularity... but it never surfaced.
  • BoscoDeSoto
    BoscoDeSoto Members Posts: 146
    edited March 2011