So Marvel Actually Did ? Off The Human Torch???

Options
DrMindbender122
DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Quite Comical
I've haven't really been keeping up with current events in comics lately, mainly cuz they cost so damn much these days. Last I checked (sometime in 2008) dem ? were like $3.50 and up per issue. Anyway, I've never been a fan of the Fantastic Four. But from what I was told last week, Marvel killed off the Human Torch in this month's issue of the The Fantastic Four.

Out of the characters in the group, the Torch was the only one who I ever gave a damn about. Growing up, he was the only FF member who everybody I knew wanted to be. Dude was cocky, yet cool. He had all the ? on his ? .

If anything, they should've killed off that cornball ass Mr. Fantastic. Aside from his scientific intelligence level, he's a totally useless character. I'd ? myself if I was granted the superpower of being a living piece of rubber/elastic.

I wish Marvel writers could come up with something better than killing off flagship characters just for shock value in their storylines. First, Cap. Now the Torch. Who's next? I mean, we all know that basically no one ever truly stays dead forever in the comic book universe, but damn.

Comments

• Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bruh, mr. fantastic is like one of the smartest ? in the marvel universe and is one of the "illuminati", along with prof. x, dr. strange, iron man and black bolt; his actual "powers" haven't had any relevance in ages - the entire marvel universe would probably have been wiped out if reed richards wasn't around...........on the other hand, human torch has been nothing but a playboy goof-off since day one and has never changed - nobody'll miss him
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bruh, mr. fantastic is like one of the smartest ? in the marvel universe and is one of the "illuminati", along with prof. x, dr. strange, iron man and black bolt; his actual "powers" haven't had any relevance in ages - the entire marvel universe would probably have been wiped out if reed richards wasn't around...........on the other hand, human torch has been nothing but a playboy goof-off since day one and has never changed - nobody'll miss him

and a ripoff anyway. The Real Human Torch >>>> johnny storm
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've haven't really been keeping up with current events in comics lately, mainly cuz they cost so damn much these days. Last I checked (sometime in 2008) dem ? were like $3.50 and up per issue. Anyway, I've never been a fan of the Fantastic Four. But from what I was told last week, Marvel killed off the Human Torch in this month's issue of the The Fantastic Four.

Out of the characters in the group, the Torch was the only one who I ever gave a damn about. Growing up, he was the only FF member who everybody I knew wanted to be. Dude was cocky, yet cool. He had all the ? on his ? .

If anything, they should've killed off that cornball ass Mr. Fantastic. Aside from his scientific intelligence level, he's a totally useless character. I'd ? myself if I was granted the superpower of being a living piece of rubber/elastic.

I wish Marvel writers could come up with something better than killing off flagship characters just for shock value in their storylines. First, Cap. Now the Torch. Who's next? I mean, we all know that basically no one ever truly stays dead forever in the comic book universe, but damn.

It ? me off that they killed the Torch, as he was my second favorite member of the FF. (The Thing being my favorite.)

But I knew from the moment they announced this storyline that he would be the one to die. I knew it wasn't going to be The Thing or Reed Richards, because they'd already done stories that featured both of them dying.

I didn't think it would be Sue Richards, because apparently there are plans in store for her character. The Torch was the one member of the team who'd had the least character development in recent years. They really weren't going anywhere with him, and that made him expendable.

Marvel isn't trying to say that he won't be brought back at some point, because they know we know that's ? . I mean, these ? actually brough Bucky back from the dead, after all. But they've hinted that it may not be for a good long while.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i always wondered who was more powerful between johnny storm and the chick from hellboy..
    i was watching the hell boy animated movies.. and even thguh she can't fly...shorty demonstrated some serious power in one of them ? ...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that ? sucked

That entire team sucked. The Torch and The Thing (to a degree) were the only ones worth a damn on that team. I know the FF were Marvel's 1st superhero team during the Silver Age, but they were ass compared to the X-Men, The Avengers, etc. Always have been; always will be.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Although Ben Grimm is one of my favorites, the whole FF stayed getting murked by single foes. Smh.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the thing is the only iight one and he sucks most the time also ? always ? up the f4
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    r.i.p. my ? johnny steezie. may your flame burn bright for allah and may your 72 virgins be dime faced hot azz bishes.......
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    the only reason why FF is relevant at all is because jesica alba played invisible woman

JessicaAlba_0_invisiblewoman.jpg

realest ? i ever read on the IC
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    haha, They're actually not that weak. Sue is probably the most powerful of them all powerwise, followed by Johnny. They fight alot of individuals who pose threats to the entire universe. They do this on a regular basis. I was surprised by this. I thought it would be Reed or Ben, but the Torch will be back. Marvel only allow certain characters to stay dead.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He'll be back soon tho remember its the "fantastic 4" they need four members
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? flexin on the Fantastic Four like Mr. Fantastic hasn't saved the Marvel universe a bajillion times
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Spiderman replacing Torch as a member...
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No............
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yep Spidey is taking up the slack. I believe Reed and Sue's children will also be involved.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cant see spidey as a full time member
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cant see spidey as a full time member

The popular theory is that the fourth member of the Future Foundation will be a rotating thing. If that's the case, I figure we'll probably see She-Hulk as a member after Spidey.