Would Jamie Foxx be this far musically without Tank?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i would like to see the two of them do a joint album together
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited February 2011
    I think its the other way around... Tank is the lil homie
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    how is tank the lil homie, he be writing for jamie..
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

im saying, and he wrote some of his best songs. Matter of fact all these lil r&b ? owe tank a thank you
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited February 2011

Jamie surpassed that guy though... Its kinda like Doctor Dre... mad different people ghostwrite for him, he's still usually the big homie though. With something like singing its not even bad or uncommon for someone else to write ya tracks anyway, mad different people ghostwrite for beyonce too, shes still the big homie.

As One of the better male actors and one of the bettter male vocalists, I just see him more as big homie entertainer over tank
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Jamie surpassed that guy though

He hasn't surpassed him musically, and never will.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited February 2011
    He hasn't surpassed him musically, and never will.

Tank's musical career wasnt that successful... Just a couple lackluster albums. Jamie has alot of very good material.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
  • TexAtRandom
    TexAtRandom Members Posts: 183
    edited February 2011
    maybe he deserved it
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Tank wrote some of Jamie's dopest songs so I would say no. Still I love Jamie and Tank...
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited February 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    he made grown folks music, unfortunately, we learned about Torrent sites and blogs... He is a victim of the MP3 surge. Otherwise he would have been platinum selling.

Maybe... Its hard to say if he wouldve been any more successful. I mean he has a pretty large fanbase now.

I get what you saying though... But I see it as Tanks ghostwritten Jamie songs >>>> Tanks own songs

I think the thread would be true if it was title "Would Tank Be Bigger if he kept the tracks he ghostwrote for Jamie foxx for himself" Now thats something to think about...

But when you get in to that kinda argument you gotta look at other things... maybe tank just wasnt as marketable or maybe women think tank is ugly who knows
  • buttuh_b
    edited February 2011
    Jamie got that easy push though because he was already a well known actor.

And Tank sells decent. He's not hurtin. Are Tank's ghost written songs better than the ones he keeps for himself? I would say they're about even... maybe a slight edge to his ghost writtens. But a lot of the songs on his new album Now or Never sound like they could have easily fit on Jamie's Intuition.. I've yet to give Jamie's new album a thorough listen.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited February 2011
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Jamie got that easy push though because he was already a well known actor.

And Tank sells decent. He's not hurtin. Are Tank's ghost written songs better than the ones he keeps for himself? I would say they're about even... maybe a slight edge to his ghost writtens. But a lot of the songs on his new album Now or Never sound like they could have easily fit on Jamie's Intuition.. I've yet to give Jamie's new album a thorough listen.

Ima be completely honest here and admit that Ive yet to give Jamie's new album a full listen either, with reason though. And reason being he completely lost me with Intuition. Unpredictable was so much better than that...
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Also Kanye West . Once he was one " Slow Jams'" people started to respect him more as a artist and not just a actor / comedian that could also sing .
  • buttuh_b
    edited February 2011
    Unpredictable >> Intuition but there are some songs I really like on Intuition. And, yeah, I usually listen to everything too but I've had it sitting on my hard drive for a couple months. Finally gave it a halfway listen today while taking a nap and I'll tell you that you aren't missing out on anything. The new album is suuuuper pop.

And I was gonna bring Slow Jamz up earlier... everyone was like "Damn! Jamie really can sing!" Jamie is just really marketable. Acting, comedy, and singing. Triple threat.

I also liked Sex, Love, & Pain way more than Tank's new joint.