Gears of War 3 Release Date

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in IllGaming
Fenix rises this September.

Gears of War 3 has been given a final release date as Microsoft announces that Epic's saga will be concluding on September 20.

Originally slated for release this Spring, Gears of War 3 was hit with a delay that pushed it back to later in the year. It'll mark the end of a trilogy that kick-started the HD console generation back in 2006. A look late last year at the multiplayer features suggested it will be a fitting finale.

More details on Gears of War 3 are expected to hit at a Microsoft event being held in San Francisco today, and some quarters are expecting it to be Kinect-related. Check back on IGN for more info on what promises to be one of 2011's biggest blockbusters.

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? I pre order this when I pocked up bulletstorm
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's a ? wrap right before my B day to. im bout to have a chick buy me this ? . I can't wait for the beta.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    best 360 exclusive imo
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Poor Resistance 3. Its going to get destroyed by Gears 3 and Rage in September.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can't wait!!! I'm almost tempted to buy bulletstorm for the Beta, but I don't know if Bulletstorm is even worth the 60 bucks??
  • renagade410.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Poor Resistance 3. Its going to get destroyed by Gears 3 and Rage in September.

sales wise of course but in all honesty u could flip a coin on which game is better....if resistance 3 allows co-op like how the first one did and with the return of the weapon wheel and health packs im not sure which i rather have. I kind of prefer gears for the story but resistance for the gameplay
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sales wise of course but in all honesty u could flip a coin on which game is better....if resistance 3 allows co-op like how the first one did and with the return of the weapon wheel and health packs im not sure which i rather have. I kind of prefer gears for the story but resistance for the gameplay

You might wanna gonna check the features Gears 3 and Rage are bringing to the table if you think simple co-op, health packs and a damn weapon wheel makes Resistance 3 a contender yo lol.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    damn i guess ill have to get this. oh wait no i wont. im not buying a system for one game.
  • renagade410.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    You might wanna gonna check the features Gears 3 and Rage are bringing to the table if you think simple co-op, health packs and a damn weapon wheel makes Resistance 3 a contender yo lol.

just an opinion lol maybe im bias cuz resistance was my first ps3 game but i loved the gears series as well...beat 1 and 2 in just 3 days total. To me it doesnt matter cuz im getting them both lol.
  • John_Blazini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Resistance is not even ? with Gears ball sweat bruh. R2 was a pile of ? .

@ E2S people buy 360's because Live >>>>> PSN SMH @ content taking me 50 min to download on PS3 and 5 min on Live lol.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

@ E2S people buy 360's because Live >>>>> PSN SMH @ content taking me 50 min to download on PS3 and 5 min on Live lol.

i have both and you aint lying lol
  • John_Blazini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i have both and you aint lying lol
    whats ya GT's?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited February 2011
    Options
    whats ya GT's?

NBOUTLAWZ on both ps3 and 360
  • renagade410.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Resistance is not even ? with Gears ball sweat bruh. R2 was a pile of ? .

thats all opinionated cuz im one of the rare few that loved r2 multiplayer...prob got more burn out of that than any multiplayer this gen....gears is good but far too easy...its more of a fun game to play co-op but when u lookin for a challenge playing either resistance's on superhuman difficultly is just more rewarding than gears and its easy bosses.
  • John_Blazini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thats all opinionated cuz im one of the rare few that loved r2 multiplayer...prob got more burn out of that than any multiplayer this gen....gears is good but far too easy...its more of a fun game to play co-op but when u lookin for a challenge playing either resistance's on superhuman difficultly is just more rewarding than gears and its easy bosses.
    Campaign is Gears is not tough but MP is not an easy game to jump in and play. I have seen ? toss that ? after one sitting.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Campaign is Gears is not tough but MP is not an easy game to jump in and play. I have seen ? toss that ? after one sitting.

yeah my boy wont even attempt to play it anymore lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

ive been meaning to borrow R2 from a friend and check it out. realistically, i only hear posters on the IC say its wack. everyone else raves about it.

gears is cool but none of my ppls play it.
  • John_Blazini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah my boy wont even attempt to play it anymore lol
    yo i tried to teach a few of my ? to play gears and they just wont do it. I'm like you dont just try to chainsaw everything man. I wont really ? with anything else once it drops.