Does Money Change a person??

Options
JadaRoss
JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
does it change your perspective about another person?

like who you hang around with?

do you look down on others cause you got it going on??

i know people who got a lil success and you cant tell them ?

they feel as if you aint stacking your money up you aint good enough to be around them

females are the worse when it comes to this type of BS

they nose be all up in the air

Money is the downfall for alot of people in this world

i got a brother who wife is like this..

she worked at a big time job,,,,drove a nice car etc...

and she said these words....yo family is low class

he had to find out about it through other folks who knew us at her work

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think money just gives you the power & security to be the pompous ? you wanted to be but couldnt cuz you didnt have the money.

If i was rich I'd show up on skid-row every Xmas with a pile of money and just burn the ? in front of homeless people and while rubbing my palms together to keep my hands warm and be like, "COLD OUT HERE AINT IT!?" Then drive the ? off in my Bentley wit the heat on high than a muthafukka before them ? realize how offended and angry they are and try to lynch me.

But I cant...so I dont :(
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    money doesnt change you, it just makes u more of who u already are.

i learnt that from a little brother song.

alot of people let it change them

you see a whole other person

they attitude be stank
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    money doesnt change u..
    u change and THEN the money comes..

u dont get money then all of sudden stop hangin out everyday.. i mean.. unless u win the lottery... no.. u stop hangin out.. u stop doin things that have u broke in the first place and like magic u start havin money..

if anything it changes the people around u.. all of a sudden ? hittin u up.. and they favorite phrase is "u got it".. family leans on u heavily.. and soon as u tell them no they mad.. they aint help u make the ? but they sure expect to help u spend it..

and once u leave the same four corners others cant seem to excape u become more cultured and see that there is more to life and how ignorant to it u once were.. u begin to grow as a person..
    i dont know about others.. but i do start to look down on people.. not because i think im better then them.. but those people dont want to do better.. its like they're satisfied.. they're okay with bein broke and in ? up positions ..they obviously lack something i have inherent ..so why should i consider them equal??

i love my hood.. i love my family.. but the more money i make.. the more apathetic i become.. i mean i use to feel sorry for them.. then i was mad for them.. but then i noticed i was doin all these things that i dreamt of doin but was still unhappy.. why?? because i was too busy bein mad and unhappy for those who werent.. i cant be mad for the next person.. i cant want money for the next person.. so what i look like bein miserable for them when they're obviously happy..

they dont care this life aint ? .. they've been promised a better one after they die..
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just be a ? with money
  • liquid-science
    liquid-science Members Posts: 55
    edited February 2011
    Options
    if having money hasn't changed you, then you ain't made enough yet - 50 cent
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    money doesnt change u..
    u change and THEN the money comes..

u dont get money then all of sudden stop hangin out everyday.. i mean.. unless u win the lottery... no.. u stop hangin out.. u stop doin things that have u broke in the first place and like magic u start havin money..

if anything it changes the people around u.. all of a sudden ? hittin u up.. and they favorite phrase is "u got it".. family leans on u heavily.. and soon as u tell them no they mad.. they aint help u make the ? but they sure expect to help u spend it..

and once u leave the same four corners others cant seem to excape u become more cultured and see that there is more to life and how ignorant to it u once were.. u begin to grow as a person..
    i dont know about others.. but i do start to look down on people.. not because i think im better then them.. but those people dont want to do better.. its like they're satisfied.. they're okay with bein broke and in ? up positions ..they obviously lack something i have inherent ..so why should i consider them equal??

i love my hood.. i love my family.. but the more money i make.. the more apathetic i become.. i mean i use to feel sorry for them.. then i was mad for them.. but then i noticed i was doin all these things that i dreamt of doin but was still unhappy.. why?? because i was too busy bein mad and unhappy for those who werent.. i cant be mad for the next person.. i cant want money for the next person.. so what i look like bein miserable for them when they're obviously happy..

they dont care this life aint ? .. they've been promised a better one after they die..

Real Talk, if the money don't change you, it changes the people around you...
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited February 2011
    Options
    money doesnt change you, it just makes u more of who u already are.

i learnt that from a little brother song.

This. My uncle and his wife were already unpleasant people, then they started making money and now they are insufferable. If you were a decent person before you got paid, it's unlikely you'll suffer a complete personality transplant.
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah but if i wasnt ? with people before i had money wtf you think imma try to make new friends when get something

you see family you havent heard of or seen since you was 10 yrs old

money is something else smh
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    yeah but if i wasnt ? with people before i had money wtf you think imma try to make new friends when get something

you see family you havent heard of or seen since you was 10 yrs old

money is something else smh

my dude u speak as if money magically appears..
    success period is somethin u work at and towards..

im pretty sure if ur broke.. and u have ur friends and KEEP those friends.. ur gonna REMAIN broke..
    not sayin ? aint go always have history and love for one another.. but it comes a time u move on and put childish ? aside..

if u grow.. ur gonna outgrow certain individuals in ur life.. and to keep them as a mainstay is only gonna stunt ur devolopment..
    thats something i see common with poor people.. they hold on to ? that hinders them rather then helping them..

so what u knew the ? since elementary.. yall jus so happened to go to the same school.. want a cookie??
    if u dont plan on makin new friends/business acquaintances i dont see how u even plan on makin money and bein successful.. cause real ? .. it aint what u know.. its who u know.. and that comes with networking.. NOT keepin the same 10 friends u had since u was a kid..

and as far as Family... same with the elementary friendships.. yall jus so happen to be related.. u dont owe ur family ? ..
    ur parents was SUPPOSE to be parents.. grandmas aunts uncles the same.. cousins are SUPPOSE to look out for each other.. thats all done to ensure survival.. but once ur grown.. ur own ur own.. and u only owe it to urself and to those that come after u..

im not sayin dont help family either.. im jus sayin.. dont break y'self.. because family will take u for all ur worth faster then a friend would.. they're closer to u.. they're behind ur defenses.. people are people period!
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ofcourse it does.

Everything changes people. Experiences do alot to people also.