If U Wanna Send Tracks To An Artist...

2»

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    money mob wrote: »
    It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

What are you asking? To hook up wth other rappers for collabos or something?

Overall, anything that has your own original creativity should be copywritten.

.....unless you are just doing it "for the love".

I'm trynna get signed or atleast get noticed by somebody. I know you need a license for radio, but do I need to own the track to send like Kanye or a record label a track?
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    I'm trynna get signed or atleast get noticed by somebody. I know you need a license for radio, but do I need to own the track to send like Kanye or a record label a track?

it helps to have a producer tag in your beat
    NEVER!!!!!!! give someone your FL Studio file.... becuz thats basically the master of the beat....
    ? can steal yo beat and take your credit if they have the FL studio file

that chances of you hookin up wit Kanye(RIGHT NOW) are slim
    so what you do is produce for up and coming artists who have a buzz... when these artists start gettin a name for themselves by rappin on your beats, people like Kanye will take notice

aim for people like Wiz Khalifa and Lupe... then work your way up to the Kanyes and Jiggas

and most importantly.... sell your beats for cheap... give them away to major artists for free........

if you make a hot tracc... and send it to a big rapper... and he says "I like this, how much?"... tell him "I want you to have it for free... I got more hot ? , I'm tryin to start a business relationship with you"

this particular artist will employ you as one of his in-house producers, he'll be gettin your beats for cheap

when he starts makin hits of your beats
    other artists will take notice and they'll want to get a piece of your sound and the heat you generate (this is what happened to Lex Luger)

thats when you start chargin these other artists between $500 and $5000 per beat, while still chargin the artist who got u in the game cheap prices

make a plan for yourself and sticc to it

for example
    Lil Lody produced Bugatti Boys "Another One" for P. Diddy and Ric Ross
    and a few other hot songs that came out in 2010
    on twitter Lody said he needs a hot beat for his mixtape
    I sent Lody a beat that my producer made
    Lody like the beat so much that he wanted to use the beat for his single
    My patna who made the beat tried to charge Lody $4000 for the beat
    Lody got mad and stopped talkin to both of us

when you don't have a name for yourself, artists get offended when you try to charge them "high" prices

if I could turn bacc time I wouldve taken the deal over and charged Lody next to nothin for the beat

it wouldve been great exposure
  • ShencotheMC
    edited February 2011
    it helps to have a producer tag in your beat
    NEVER!!!!!!! give someone your FL Studio file.... becuz thats basically the master of the beat....
    ? can steal yo beat and take your credit if they have the FL studio file

that chances of you hookin up wit Kanye(RIGHT NOW) are slim
    so what you do is produce for up and coming artists who have a buzz... when these artists start gettin a name for themselves by rappin on your beats, people like Kanye will take notice

aim for people like Wiz Khalifa and Lupe... then work your way up to the Kanyes and Jiggas

and most importantly.... sell your beats for cheap... give them away to major artists for free........

if you make a hot tracc... and send it to a big rapper... and he says "I like this, how much?"... tell him "I want you to have it for free... I got more hot ? , I'm tryin to start a business relationship with you"

this particular artist will employ you as one of his in-house producers, he'll be gettin your beats for cheap

when he starts makin hits of your beats
    other artists will take notice

thats when you start chargin them between $1000 and $5000 per beat.... its chess not checcers

make a plan for yourself and sticc to it

for example
    Lil Lody produced Bugatti Boys "Another One" for P. Diddy and Ric Ross
    on twitter Lody said he needs a hot beat for his mixtape
    I sent Lody a beat that my producer made
    Lody like the beat so much that he wanted to use the beat for his single
    My patna who made the beat tried to charge Lody $4000 for the beat
    Lody got mad and stopped talkin to both of us

when you don't have a name for yourself, artists get offended when you try to charge them "high" prices

if I could turn bacc time I wouldve taken the deal over and charged Lody next to nothin for the beat

I'm not a producer family I'm simply a rapper lol I just came in here because cats was dropping mad knowledge on the game
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    I'm not a producer family I'm simply a rapper lol I just came in here because cats was dropping mad knowledge on the game

my bad bruh I got you confused wit the dude who started this thread lol

he the one that need to be reading my post
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011

copyright everything

especially if you gon send it to Kanye... cuz that ? will steal yo ?
    I'm not talkin down on the man... but he will bite off you if yo ? is hot
  • ShencotheMC
    edited February 2011
    Yo brian B. why those tracks on that starlito post you made say the vids were removed due to copyright infringement?