joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in IllGaming

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    demo was fun but it seems like something i would get bored with.
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    demo was fun but it seems like something i would get bored with.

Agreed. They say the MP is not too good and the SP is the best part, but the SP is very very short.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that game rage thats coming out looks similar but better
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its a new Rage trailer out I aint watch it yet though
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sabout to pick this up ina few but wont get around to playing it or the Gears beta for a while
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    On the day Bulletstorm launches in the US and three days before it goes on sale in the UK, EA and Epic Games have announced paid for downloadable content.

The Gun Sonata pack includes three new maps for the game's Anarchy mode and two new maps for the Echo mode.

There are also two new Leash enhancements, the Flamingo and the Pulp.

The pack, due out in the spring, costs 800 Microsoft Points (£6.85) or $9.99 / £7.99 on PlayStation 3. No mention was made of the PC version.

Oh, and don't forget, as an EA published game Bulletstorm features the Online Pass system. Owners of a new copy of the game can redeem their code to gain access to six bonus Echo maps and the exclusive Quicksilver leash. Buy a second hand copy and you'll need to purchase the Bulletstorm Online Pass for 800 MS Points or £7.99.

Bulletstorm, from Polish developer People Can Fly, scored a wonderful 9/10 in Eurogamer's hot off the press review.

"This is a game that wants you to laugh so hard that you sneeze on yourself, but it's also a game that wants you to experiment as much as possible with the tools you've been given," Christian Donlan wrote. "Its cleverness is as lightly worn as it is unexpected. It's the best kind of guilty pleasure."
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so this or Killzone 3?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so this or Killzone 3?

KZ3 easily. I heard Bulletstorm was only 5-6 hrs long campaign-wise, and their multiplayer is severely lacking. KZ will give you more replayability.
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was planning on getting this instead of KZ3. Not into FPS' much so I pick and choose which ones to buy. Liked this one because it was "different".
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Look Like IGN Is Starting To Get Stingy With 9-9+ Scores......Its Either Shitacular Or The Greatest Thing Ever With Those Dudes....
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like it MP could be better i hope they get some more modes at least.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I might get this, I played the demo like 5 times. It's actually pretty nice and I like the fact that it's different than other shooters. I ? w/ a few combos but it doesn't give you much points, like I'll pull the guy in, shoot, kick, pull him in again, shoot kick etc but it doesn't ADD UP, which sucks. It just gives you the skill points when he's dead, which is a normal skill point. I love the whole (stupid name though) "gang bang" (nh) thing, that rope launcher/bomb is sick. I'll launch when they're all in a group and boom get a gang bang, ? is pretty sick.

I might get it, or wait a minute for a price drop. I just wish combos would add up, I'd be scoring mad points then...
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    is it like a mature ratchet & clank?
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I might get this, I played the demo like 5 times. It's actually pretty nice and I like the fact that it's different than other shooters. I ? w/ a few combos but it doesn't give you much points, like I'll pull the guy in, shoot, kick, pull him in again, shoot kick etc but it doesn't ADD UP, which sucks. It just gives you the skill points when he's dead, which is a normal skill point. I love the whole (stupid name though) "gang bang" (nh) thing, that rope launcher/bomb is sick. I'll launch when they're all in a group and boom get a gang bang, ? is pretty sick.

I might get it, or wait a minute for a price drop. I just wish combos would add up, I'd be scoring mad points then...

I would wait for a price drop. As much as I liked the demo, no way am I paying full price for a 5 hr game.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    havent ? with the MP yet game is fun as ? even tho its 5 or so hr. some of hte stages are long as ? tho. i think im almost done then ill ? with the MP