edited February 2011
    Options
    Newflash: Running away at 22 = moving out

Good luck getting them to let you come back home
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i thought of running away and starting my life over plenty of times. for a whole month i traveled across the country using greyhound buses living out of cheap motels. I met a lot of interesting ppl on the buses. One day i woke up in portland, oregon and realized my money had ran out. After hitting a couple of licks i was able to save up enough 2 get back 2 Michigan. its not as easy out here as you think. count your blessings and really think about what all you'll be giving up if you do. life is HARD.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Life likes to teach us acceptance and how to go with the flow. You can either go with the flow and accept that people and the world will not conform to your preconceived ideals, or you can fight for your ideals and get jostled around and ? off. But it's good to get away sometimes, get your thoughts together that way.

Thanks for the insight, I understand your pov
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i thought of running away and starting my life over plenty of times. for a whole month i traveled across the country using greyhound buses living out of cheap motels. I met a lot of interesting ppl on the buses. One day i woke up in portland, oregon and realized my money had ran out. After hitting a couple of licks i was able to save up enough 2 get back 2 Michigan. its not as easy out here as you think. count your blessings and really think about what all you'll be giving up if you do. life is HARD.

That real, I know it is hard. Sometimes you as a person do not have much choice in the matter if you feel that the patrons in your household are making life unbearable. See this morning, due to the financial situation and lack of more cars, I had to grind my teeth as my brother (a sophomore @ ASU) got ready for school. #thereisaGod because he actually woke up before 8am; however, he started to get ready right when my dad and I were about to leave. ? trivial ass ? like this, not to mention my explanatory post et al, drives me away. I feel like sometimes my brothers and father makes the house a negative ambience to be around, ya know?
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    111nw9i.gif

. .

Sure it could have, but what would the roasters have said that I haven't already heard before?
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think I did that today inadvertently. If you or anyone you has done it, what are some psychological aspects to them?

u speaking metaphorically? like running away rfom urself?? if not.. how old r u?

anyway hopefully this will make u feel better youngn...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3r0e_gentleman-runaway_music
  • zoepian
    edited February 2011
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    why didnt you just run back across the border? or better yet why the hell you aint got your own ride?

i saw this comin
  • zoepian
    edited February 2011
    Options
    shawnbrown wrote: »
    i ran away when I was 14.. My ? ass foster father pushed me to do it. I had bought a pack of donuts with my own money. This ? gone tell me... MEEEE!!!. that I had to ask him permission for a donut. this ? tells me NO, I should wait till later (I dont understand his logic).. anyway, this ? falls asleep so I was like ? THAT, I want a donut. So I ate one. WHen he wakes up, he asks me "didnt I tell you to wait till later" ? I said I did. He says nah you waited till I fell asleep, you shouldve waited till I got up. I was supposed to go visit with some friends that were really close to me that weekend. He tells me just because I took a donut that I bought, I wouldnt be going. I threw on my hoody and walked out the ? house. It was wet outside becuz it had rained, and it was dark. I ran to my high school football bleachers because I thought he would call the cops. I sat on the bleachers and cried and cursed ? for a ? up life. Walked to Mcdonalds and ate my meal in the 24 hour laundrymat becuz they have tv. around 11pm I went home

i feel ur pain man.. but it was kinda funny story
  • jellybean84
    jellybean84 Confirm Email Posts: 1,560
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I ran away when I was 12, all I packed was a bunch of my sisters lingerie, and I was scared as ? .....I waited at a gas station for a while and then I started to walk....My sister found me before I made it to my homegirls house...smmfh
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i used to run away all the time when i was in high school. but my definition of running away back then was i stayed out all night drinking and/or drugging and forgot to call my mom so i knew i was doomed and therefore stayed at various friends houses until i had no choice but to go back and take my lumps.

longest i ever lasted was maybe 3 or 4 days.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I ran away when I was 12, all I packed was a bunch of my sisters lingerie, and I was scared as ? .....I waited at a gas station for a while and then I started to walk....My sister found me before I made it to my homegirls house...smmfh

So you were under no illusions about the life of a female runaway, huh?
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you sure showed them.

[IMG]http://www.forumspile.com/Care-Whoop_de_? _doo.gif[/IMG]

You are right, /thread /thread
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    my older sister ran away when she was 16 and I saw how it affected my mom. I'd never do that to her. Life at home wasn't that bad for me tho.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    adults can runaway ?

I'd consider escapism a lesser form of it. Whatever gets you in that zone to escape your reality momentarily. Then there's ducking the P.O., child support, bench warrants, bounty hunters, parent hood, prison break, owing the wrong people money, killing someone, your spot getting hot, and so on.

Plenty of things can happen for one to get out of dodge.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i've never run away. never felt like i needed to.

props to Young Chitlin for handling this thread and the stupid posts the right way.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I'd consider escapism a lesser form of it. Whatever gets you in that zone to escape your reality momentarily. Then there's ducking the P.O., child support, bench warrants, bounty hunters, parent hood, prison break, owing the wrong people money, killing someone, your spot getting hot, and so on.

Plenty of things can happen for one to get out of dodge.

Spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^^