Heat are frontrunners for Bibby and Murphy

13»

Comments

• infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Just so I'm clear... They signed 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA but they need to sign Mike Bibby to come in and take the clutch shots in the 4th quarter?

lmao.........
  • Toothpik
    Toothpik Members Posts: 192
    edited February 2011
    CMac wrote: »
    Chalmers is a shooting guard not a pt guard. I'm really disappointed in Arroyo, that ? went from starting pt guard to a sleeping on the bench.

arroyo imo has been better since last season....when he was in the game atleast the flow of the ball was good....chalmers jst sucks.....
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Just so I'm clear... They signed 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA but they need to sign Mike Bibby to come in and take the clutch shots in the 4th quarter?

two players doesnt win the game....it takes a whole team to win
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    two players doesnt win the game....it takes a whole team to win

I get your point but we're talking about a finals MVP and 2x MVP and we're talking about bringing in someone who's never won anything at the professional level for leadership and making big shots? I guess I'm just a little confused as to why they're not getting leadership and 4th qtr big shots out of these two players.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6167769

They would have to cut Magloire and Arroyo to make it happen. I say do it! Both players are upgrades. Troy Murphy is a stretch 5, and Bibby is shooting 43 percent from three this season. He should be able to take advantage of all those open threes Arroyo and Chalmers miss. Troy Murphy would give them a center teams actually have to defend, and he crashed the boards. They will lose some defense when they are on the floor but the Heat are badly in need of some extra O.

i'll take Bibby over troy murphy

Bibby carried atlanta on his back every season he was there and made them a elite team
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I get your point but we're talking about a finals MVP and 2x MVP and we're talking about bringing in someone who's never won anything at the professional level for leadership and making big shots? I guess I'm just a little confused as to why they're not getting leadership and 4th qtr big shots out of these two players.

it's too obivious when you have two big name players taking the big shot get someone else who the other team least expect....just like the lakers did kobe didnt always take the big shot horry was their man and then fisher did his thing.....plus they need a solid pg anyway
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »

Bibby carried atlanta on his back every season he was there and made them a elite team

u have no clue as to what you are talking about.. Bibby is on the downward end of his career. If he was so instrumental in Atlanta, why they move him? I'll tell you why because he wasn't producing, that's why..

SMH @ the Heat, they really do suck... just keep adding more pieces to a team that can't jell, beat all the sorry teams and lose to teams with winning records.. yeah, that's the move...smdh
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited March 2011
    Murphy is going to the Celtics.

Just saw it on Twitter. from Marc Stein

Two seconds later on Twitter, another ESPN guy has Murphy to Heat.

No confirmation on who is correct yet
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited March 2011
    Its official to Boston
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jrod44 wrote: »
    Its official to Boston

like i said he was going to do in another thread....

and i really dont think miami needs bibby..he's not the help they need..they need front court beef...not another player who can only..barely shoot a jumper....bibby scares nobody on dee.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Highly coveted free agent Troy Murphy is signing with the Boston Celtics.

Murphy told ESPN.com via e-mail that he will join the Celtics after spending much of the past 48 hours agonizing between Boston and the Miami Heat. Murphy reached terms of a buyout with the Golden State Warriors on Sunday.

Murphy also received recruiting pitches this week from Portland, New York and Orlando, sources said, but the 6-foot-10 forward was always determined to sign with a top contender in anticipation of making the first deep playoff run of his career. Murphy has played in more games (639) than any other active player without appearing in the playoffs.

The East's top two teams chased Murphy hard, seeing him as this season's P.J. Brown in terms of being a difference-making big man. Boston now will hope that Murphy's perimeter touch and proven ability to rebound can fortify its frontcourt rotation like Brown did when he joined the Celtics midway through the 2007-08 season. Brown contributed greatly during Boston's championship run in the first season together for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Missing out on Murphy will come as a blow to the Heat, who thought they could trump Boston's offer -- since both teams are restricted to paying a pro-rated share of the NBA's veteran minimum -- with the minutes they could offer Murphy while Udonis Haslem continues to recover from a long-term foot injury.

Miami's hope was to come out of this week with Murphy and veteran guard Mike Bibby, who forfeited his entire 2011-12 salary of $6.2 million to convince the Washington Wizards to let him go so he could join a contender for the rest of the season.

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »

Man wtf???

just shut up....