Mac or PC

Raizah Blade
Raizah Blade Members Posts: 60
edited March 2011 in IllTek
I recently got my first taste of the mac and for some reason I absolutely love it! I can't explain why though. I bought one for my girl but I now that I love them I bought one for myself as well. What do you guys use and why?

Comments

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Let's not get it twisted here, what you found out you love is the os x interface. I have a A PC running OS X and a PC running Windows/linux. Macs are made for a certain group of people where PCs are Universal. For Me, my MAC is my toy, if I want to play around with something I pull out the MAC, If work needs to be done, I go with my WIN 7/ Linux computer. If MACs work for you then so be it. But as fas as my computing needs, a MAC just doesn't cut it.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    dual booting ftw
  • Raizah Blade
    Raizah Blade Members Posts: 60
    edited January 2011
    I still have love for my PC and I do realize that I can't depend on mac alone. Its but as a person that is trying to get into the IT field, it is good to look at and deal with something that isn't a PC. It took me this long because I didn't want to spend the money but I think it's worth it.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    i got a mac and PC

love my mac...its more like my toy...if i wanna go somewhere and stunt i pull out my macbook pro
    my pc..well its the work horse...im a systems admin at work and all we have are pc's so i use it to work on ? with

so both imo...Mac to play and do basic ? with...windows pc..to get work done
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    MAC doesn't cut it?
    my ? hold me down...
    it does everything a PC does, but cooler...
    and its not buggy...

exactly "for my computing needs A MAC doesn't cut it". Let me say that again.. "for my computing needs A MAC doesn't cut it". Meaning, i have things that I do that MACs can't handle.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I just recently copped a MacBook Air and I love it. My Hp laptop motherboard got fried.
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    Virtual PC for the Mac Have both
  • Haryer
    Haryer Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I know that there is a very, very low chance that this kinda thing might happen, but if you google Mac os x 10.7 all you get is blogs/forums with this kinda rumour.
  • cjjr72984
    cjjr72984 Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Just bought the 2011 Macbook Pro last week. Even though I've only had it for a week, I feel like it's the best investment I've ever made.

Once you go Mac.....
  • 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    A PC (cheaper) with multiple OS, Windows 7, OSX, Ubuntu or Redhat. Or a Mac (more expensive same results as the PC other then hackintosh cat and mouse games) running multiple OS
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    cjjr72984 wrote: »
    Just bought the 2011 Macbook Pro last week. Even though I've only had it for a week, I feel like it's the best investment I've ever made.

Once you go Mac.....

I got rid of every Mac I've ever owned... and that's a shitload of 'em.

OSX is shiny and pretty looking, but at the end of the day my money is made on PC's. My loan origination software is PC only, VMWare doesn't support OSX as a guest OS on VSphere or ESX and Apple hardware isn't supported to run it on, IBM Webshpere doesn't support OSX/Apple hardware, and when it comes to music, Image Line has yet to make an OSX version of FL Studio.

I have no real need for a Mac. Everything I do for money and for recreation is almost strictly Windows PC based.