"I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums"

Options
Nah Son
Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Reason
Did Lauryn Hill say that ? or not?

I don't think she did, as there are no sources for it. But what I've always wondered is who the ? does come up with such a rumor?

I guess it was a person thats racist indeed and decided to harm her by spreading this rumor and stop white people from buying her music on some reverse psychology ? ....If so that person needs to die.

Oh and shoutout to Eminem for running with the story and dissing Lauryn for racism on his songs only to get caught with them Racist tapes himself...

Comments

• jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    id like to see some solid proof
  • BoscoDeSoto
    BoscoDeSoto Members Posts: 146
    edited February 2011
    Options
    who do you think? everything is about control. Who would want to control her and how her music is made/themed? That is your answer
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    She already said she didn't say that

Oh and ? Eminem
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    She would be my hero if she had said that.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't think she really said that... maybe she did but I'd have to see a source.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lauryn hill's children probly are starving since she broke up the Fugees and became a religious fanatic

meanwhile, Eminem's grandchildren's grandchildren already got money saved for college

lol

Nas Lost.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    I rather have white kids starve than for my children to starve is that Racist?

brother Malcolm would be proud
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lauryn hill's children probly are starving since she broke up the Fugees and became a religious fanatic

meanwhile, Eminem's grandchildren's grandchildren already got money saved for college

lol

Nas Lost.

lol........
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    eminem told me that she did. but he also told me that he is the only trustworthy ? . so.....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options

lol

Nas Lost.

damn nas catches a "L" for this to? ? cant win for ?
  • KingJamal
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • KingJamal
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its funny how she went onto Howard Stern's show to disrove it. And we all know Stern has said racist ? .
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lauryn ain't say that ish. That was just some crazy rumor probably started by a white person since Lauryn's rhymes were very afro-centric. Eminem is so wack for dissing Lauryn Hill on "Role Model" and in interviews when he knew damn well he had made a racist tape against all Black Women. So Sad how the table turn. Eminem looks so dumb now after what he said about Lauryn.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Wonderful....

peace my sister

praise allah
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but only racist people feel the need to say they are not racist
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

Oh and ? Eminem

cs

King Drew wrote: »
    She would be my hero if she had said that.

she'd be a broke heroine

never heard of this rumor though.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fucc white people... blacc artists believe they have to cater to a white demographic in order to sell records

but you hardly ever see white artists tryin to cater to a blacc demographic

if no blacc person bought an Eminem album he would still go multi-platinum

blacc folks wasnt fuccin wit Elvis and that boy became the damn king of Rocc N Roll

White folks wasn't fuccin wit Marley when he was alive... but he still became a legend even though he never put up big numbers

why the fucc would you care about sellin records to a group of people who probably can't even relate to the message in your music
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    still waiting for the evidence..............nothing yet
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

lol

Nas Lost.

Infatuation with another man doing better than you is sickening..get help.
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited February 2011
    Options
    she didn't say that.... she said that her music is for young black women living in the hood. then the rumors started floating.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited March 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    She already said she didn't say that

Oh and ? Eminem

amen
    eminem told me that she did. but he also told me that he is the only trustworthy ? . so.....

lol
    Lauryn ain't say that ish. That was just some crazy rumor probably started by a white person since Lauryn's rhymes were very afro-centric. Eminem is so wack for dissing Lauryn Hill on "Role Model" and in interviews when he knew damn well he had made a racist tape against all Black Women. So Sad how the table turn. Eminem looks so dumb now after what he said about Lauryn.

smh this is wat i dont get y would a PROUD BLK person like myself get label'd a H8R cuz i dont like a white racist redneck like FEMINEM usin & abusin hiphop/blk musik like elvis when therr is SOLID PROOOOOF of da shady redneck bein a RACIST? but itz alrite fa feminem 2 go around repeatin a RUMOR & spreadin LIEZ on a BLK WOMAN sayin her name is a ? WORD fa bein racist towardz whitez wit no SOLID PROOOOOF smh...this world is krazy but if i get call;d a h8r fa sayin da TRUTH ? it..
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? ? that I'd find a different way to fight the system. But we all know L-Boogie didn't say that ? .
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Emenim had racist tapes in his closet and accused Lauren Hill of making a statement that she never said.

Feminim tried to sue Benzino so nobody would hear the racist tapes.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If, she did say it, so what? It wouldn't make me not support her Music. Em's racist tapes didn't hurt him one bit. In fact he became more popular. Stale ? 's kept right on supporting and his white fans base strengthened.