You ever feel like you're above other blacks?

2»

Comments

• John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited March 2011
    Drgoo0285 wrote: »
    you are implying something here that is not actually true.
    You are implying that if anytime a black person commits a crime against a white person that it is a hate crime,
    and since there are more black on white rapes(he never actually talks about any other crime) than white on black,
    then black people are more racist... but the FBI sees it way different. Racial bias
    Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2009, there were 4,057 victims of racially motivated hate crimes.
    71.5 percent were victims because of an offender's anti-black bias.
    16.5 percent were victims because of an anti-white bias.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2009/victims.html

"37,460 White females were sexually assaulted or ? by a Black man,
    while between zero and ten Black females were sexually assaulted or ? by a White"

And lot more black muggers mugging whites than vica versa.

I don't care if its "officially" labeled a "hate" crime or a "plain" crime.

The disparity exist. I don't care how you explain the disparity. Or what slice of history someone cites to justify/excuse it.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    The bolded area only. I've been around this site for well over 5 years & you are one of few who don't use this premise. Get ready now.....if I had 5 bucks for every time I've heard this said I could put several hundred dollars in my savings account. Many have said/DEMAND!! that white people fess-up to what they have done to black people otherwise race relations will never really improve in this country. BTW many of their ancestors HAD absolutely NOTHING to do with enslaving you and yours either. Incidentally you & many other black folks of today haven't ever been physically enslaved........period.

There are things beyond slavery. Pointing out slavery as the main issue that we have is disingenuous and it's a faulty argument. Many were enslaved throughout history. Our issues stem from what happened during and post slavery. The racial practices perpetrated by a society whether all were happy with it or not. Nobody blamed all whites but I've seen you say you black people a few times to lump us all into a group. It's not about fessing up. It's about having a dialogue and least acknowledging that the many slights against our people have affected us into this current generation whether we are in chains or not. This doesn't give us a pass to not become a better people but we aren't just going to forget our past just because you're uncomfortable with us talking about it. It so happens to include a large very influential part of historical society including presidents and senators. There is pain beyond the physical. There is a such thing as mental abuse. There is also financial and educational inequality and institutional racism that affects us to this day.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ok thank you for the civil response. Now I can feel for anyone who's down and VERY depressed about life in general....cause I've been there. Now thanks to family and other factors I overcame that situation & became the strong willed man I am today.....I'm hard on myself, so if I come across as uncaring? that isn't necessarily the reality of what I'm all about. Bottom line is if a person WON'T GET-UP....I didn't say get over it......I said GET-UP and start living otherwise wallow in that mire of self pity and the world hates me mentality.....so you tell me how in the ? any human being should be able to use that excuse endlessly in this country.

I'm not going to act like people don't use that as an excuse but i think that the air of racism keeps black people from attempting to do things in the greater white society. You shouldn't assume that just because people are discussing racial issues, that no one is attempting to better themselves. Some people will never make as much of an attempt just by default but that should not be applied to the greater society. The problem that i'm having is that you like to illuminate all of our issues and claim that all we talk about is white racism when there are a varied amount of topics on this very forum. The situation of race is a real one and ignoring it or stating that people are crying or using it as a crutch as a general response does nothing to bolster the supposed honesty of your view points.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Very nicely stated/expressed. Maybe one of these days I might actually see a black person WHO'S ACTUALLY/ thankful for what they got. I'm being honest NOT trying to be sarcastic.

Thankful for what and to whom? I'm thankful to the most High for my life and my family. I'm thankful for the pains i've suffered in a racist and greed-driven society because they've made me a survivor. Its also motivated me to do for self and not wait for amerikkka to give me mine- I can pioneer and reclaim my stolen legacy. But I dont think thats what you meant. Your inherent racist mentality has convinced you that you can fairly say that another people who have been misused and misrepresented by your ancestors and contemporaries should be thankful for what they got. Thats what youre implying and it says a lot about how many black people youre actually cool with. Little to none.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2011
    This ? is exactly what I'm talking about in my last post.

I feel above a lot of people in any race. If you don't feel your better than some people in this world your full of ? or a ? ? .
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ever since I went to college and started being serious about becoming a pharmacist I thought of myself as being better then most black. Well African American Blacks that is.
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    "37,460 White females were sexually assaulted or ? by a Black man,
    while between zero and ten Black females were sexually assaulted or ? by a White"

And lot more black muggers mugging whites than vica versa.

I don't care if its "officially" labeled a "hate" crime or a "plain" crime.

The disparity exist. I don't care how you explain the disparity. Or what slice of history someone cites to justify/excuse it.
    but if we are talking just plain ol' crimes, we are talking a whole different argument. An argument that most black people can't fully answer cause most black people aren't criminals. I can give you theoretical answers.
    My theoretical guess is that white women are more likely to report ? than black women. Even in the story you posted the dude ? lots of black women in the ghetto until he moved on to white women. It doesn't mean , that it never happens, just means it's not reported as much.

Also it's really ingrained into a lot of peoples minds that black men ? white women. So maybe both sides get brainwashed into thinking that's natural behavior. Even when i'm around some of my white female "friends" they "joke" about ? ... I just look at them like :-\

P.s. I'm not too sure about the wiki link. The source your link uses is a broken link
  • John Prewett
    edited March 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime [I'm gonna check it again right after I post this]

My goal is to lead people to this understanding: "all have sinned".

Most in this forum are already well informed regarding sins of whites towards blacks. Fine.

I bring to your attention some [and I could show a lot more] sins of blacks toward whites.

People of both races who harp on the sins of the other race,
    and act as if their own race were morally superior hurt us all by adding to racial animosity.

They also hurt themself by carrying around the monkey of anger on their back.

Knowing "all have sinned" and knowing our creator COMMANDS us to "love one another"

is the way of peace and reconciliation.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    They also hurt themself by carrying around the monkey of anger on their back.

Knowing "all have sinned" and knowing our creator COMMANDS us to "love one another"

is the way of peace and reconciliation.

But first we must be able to forgive ourselves of our own sins, or forever it will be an eye for an eye, what we do to others we must first do to ourselves.
  • John Prewett
    edited March 2011
    Amen. Knowing "all have sinned" also helps rid one of the monkey of guilt.