Married people that dont wear their rings

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
do you know a married couple where either they both dont wear their rings or maybe just one of them don't. If so do you know the reason behind this. I know quite a bit of older married people that I work with (30 plus) many of them, mostly the guys who dont wear wedding rings. I also notice when im watching espn some of the analyst and anchors dont wear their rings but i know they are married

Comments

• Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont wear a ring and neither does my wife, the reason is...well....at the time we got married we couldnt afford em, as time went on we just said ? it.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I do. The man in the marriage thinks it's a womanly thing to have, he won't wear one. He's been this way all his life and is in the 50's bracket. So maybe it's an older man thing... but I'll be following the same route. I don't do jewellery.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, I do. The man in the marriage thinks it's a womanly thing to have, he won't wear one. He's been this way all his life and is in the 50's bracket. So maybe it's an older man thing... but I'll be following the same route. I don't do jewellery.

this also i probably wont go get one now anyway, rings on a man are kinda feminine unless its a super bowl ring you gets no pass.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If i ever do get married i think ill barely wear one just never been to big on rings
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My parents been married for pretty much thirty years. I don't think my moms or dad wears one. I din't know if I would wear one or not. Not something I think about cause I ain't even close to getting married......not even close lol!
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I see plenty of dudes not wear their wedding ring, I actually asked one of my boys why he doesn't wear it and his reply is "I only wear it out on special occassions" ....doesn't really confuse me as most men don't want to get married or if they do want to get married they still play the game.....
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My parents never wear theirs. They been married for 28 years.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I don't do jewellery.

This.
    I don't like it on men and the only thing I rock is simple earrings, a culture necklace and a couple rings. Otherwise if I get married, I don't want a ring, especially not a diamond one.
    He's better off getting me a ring pop, as long as it's green apple.
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My parents been married 38 years come July 2011 and my mom wears hers. My dad doesn't wear his because he's old school and rings are feminine. Plus he works with chemicals and ? like that so he can't have a ring on.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol @ ? really trying to pass off the I don't do jewelery as an excuse to not wear a ring. The reason why men don't wear a wedding ring is simple, because they know wearing a wedding band is confirmation to any woman you meet out in public that you are off the market and would be foul if you ttried and talk to a woman with a ring on. They simply don't want to wear a constant reminder saying that they are no longer single.
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^ I don't agree with that kevmic because women will see a man with a ring and still go after them. Respect for marriage has gone out the window nowadays.
  • kevmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bluntone wrote: »
    ^ I don't agree with that kevmic because women will see a man with a ring and still go after them. Respect for marriage has gone out the window nowadays.

I'm not talking about the single women and what they'll do. Hoes will be hoes all day, male or female. Who I'm talking about are the men who choose not to wear a ring. Now the example you gave about your dad and the type of work he does, make logical sense. Even if he had a ring it would prove not smart to wear working around chemicals all day. But not all men do what your dad does for a living, and we have known men to wear pinky rings and anyother type of ring since the beginning of time. So a wedding ring is no more or less feminine then anyother ring a man chooses to wear.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    Lol @ ? really trying to pass off the I don't do jewelery as an excuse to not wear a ring. The reason why men don't wear a wedding ring is simple, because they know wearing a wedding band is confirmation to any woman you meet out in public that you are off the market and would be foul if you ttried and talk to a woman with a ring on. They simply don't want to wear a constant reminder saying that they are no longer single.

actually it seems like when you wear your wedding ring, that's when more women flirt and actually approach you

? up I know, but there are a lot of women who are attracted to "husbands" that aren't their own SMH
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Ha. As if a ring will stop some of these "quality" people out here from approaching. Heck, that will attract some people even more so than if no ring were present.
    Instead, my mouth can do the talking when I am approached by men and the money used to purchase these rings which I personally find pointless can be put to better use like I don't know, our future.
  • kevmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    actually it seems like when you wear your wedding ring, that's when more women flirt and actually approach you

? up I know, but there are a lot of women who are attracted to "husbands" that aren't their own SMH

Very True, but there are a bunch of men who don't wear their ring so they can still seem single. Not to the women, but for themselves. Some men have always looked at marriage as some form of prison, so it's only natural for some of those same men to view a ring as some form of handcuffs, letting the world know that they are taken.

I know a muhfucka will be foul regardless of a ring or not, but we're not talking about them in this instance.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very True, but there are a bunch of men who don't wear their ring so they can still seem single. Not to the women, but for themselves. Some men have always looked at marriage as some form of prison, so it's only natural for some of those same men to view a ring as some form of handcuffs, letting the world know that they are taken.

I know a muhfucka will be foul regardless of a ring or not, but we're not talking about them in this instance.

but if wifey cool with it, then what can you really say about it

if a ? don't want to be married he'll just get a divorce/annulment/whatever

but choosing not to wear a ring just basically means you don't feel like wearing ya ring...........doesn't really need to be a hidden agenda
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't going home to the wife and kids serve as more of a reminder of said prison sentence? I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't wear a wedding band because it reminds them that they are married.

• big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When I was married i got more females trying to throw it at me when i was wearing my ring.