Buying a new laptop, ANY SUGGESTIONS/ADVICE???

2»

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    MacBook pro is the way to go. I'm getting ready to cop one. Not only that I do beats, I also direct and edit movies as well. (Future actor/director here) Like JRB said there is bootcamp, but there is something way better than bootcamp. You want to use Fusion 3. It's like bootcamp, but what makes it stand out is the fact that you can switch between Windows & Mac on the fly! You can even drag from windows to Mac side and vice versa. You have to pay for the program, but you can get it free if you know where to look. Check the videos:

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    yeah you gotta buy the Windows Operating system, you can call 1-800-MYAPPLE (apple tech support) tell them what you're doing and they'll help you with it, thats what i did, they walked me through the whole process of it because i was scared as ? too lol

see i did that, i got xp off of amazon, called apple and the muthafucka said its no real way he can walk me through an install so maybe he was just bogus...ima try and call again tho. but what caesar said about the Fusion ? , i read that it when u run parallels like that, it defeats the purpose of havin the mac's processor and other ? like that, does that ring true?
  • jrbtheproducer
    jrbtheproducer Members Posts: 82
    edited March 2011
    tonys. wrote: »
    see i did that, i got xp off of amazon, called apple and the muthafucka said its no real way he can walk me through an install so maybe he was just bogus...ima try and call again tho. but what caesar said about the Fusion ? , i read that it when u run parallels like that, it defeats the purpose of havin the mac's processor and other ? like that, does that ring true?

word? they helped me out lol, but this was a few years ago though so i dunno