"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9"- Canibus (R.I.P. THREAD)

Comments

• talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    biggie-world-trade.jpg

r.i.p biggie.............
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jonathand wrote: »
    Rip to the real GOAT. I ? who didnt need to get shot, leech off an already established label and start a publicity stunt ass beef to be the greatest. Real lyricist. Them hating rappers didnt deserve to be in the same room with you. Thats why they hated you. ? who dropped a debut that actually sold. Diamond artist. Flat out, the best to ever grace a mic..

i bet you & tommy sleep with a tupac picture at night....? ?
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    R.I.P. to the 2nd best rapper of all time.
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    R.I.P. to the 2nd best rapper of all time.
    ^you don't have to say this till sometime in september...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Now, Now guys. Let's not turn this into a "Tupac Vs Biggie" thread. It's about honoring one of the Greatest Ever. Anyways, there is a crazy rumor going around that Biggie secretly shot a video for "What's Beef" but because of the murder Puffy put it in a vault. The story hit the net when someone edited Dave Meyers Wikipedia page and the video is listed. Rumors are that the video very well may be leaking and someone from Dave's camp edited the wiki page. Could it be true? That would be insane if Biggie did a video for "What's Beef":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meyers_videography

talik23 wrote: »
    biggie-world-trade.jpg

r.i.p biggie.............

This is one of my Favorite Photos of Big cause I always think of his now ironically iconic, "Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade". Even though he was talking about the 93' bombing, the lyrics are creepy as hell and are so relevant to today. Also Big's Death was like the Towers fallin for New York Hip Hop and Hip Hop in general since after Pac death's he was like the last hope.
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Now, Now guys. Let's not turn this into a "Tupac Vs Biggie" thread. It's about honoring one of the Greatest Ever. Anyways, there is a crazy rumor going around that Biggie secretly shot a video for "What's Beef" but because of the murder Puffy put it in a vault. The story hit the net when someone edited Dave Meyers Wikipedia page and the video is listed. Rumors are that the video very well may be leaking and someone from Dave's camp edited the wiki page. Could it be true? That would be insane if Biggie did a video for "What's Beef":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meyers_videography

This is one of my Favorite Photos of Big cause I always think of his now ironically iconic, "Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade". Even though he was talking about the 93' bombing, the lyrics are creepy as hell and are so relevant to today. Also Big's Death was like the Towers fallin for New York Hip Hop and Hip Hop in general since after Pac death's he was like the last hope.

So true. New York hasn't been ? since Biggie's death.
    ^you don't have to say this till sometime in september...

Why lol?

We all know 2Pac >>>>> Biggie
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    sionb55 wrote: »

*slowly humming to the beat while tapping feet*

YouTube be on that BS not having up the real vid. Here it goes though:

[video=dailymotion;xlfib]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlfib_lox-we-will-always-love-big-poppa_music[/video]
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    2649809320102774342S600x600Q85.jpg

"Life After Death should of been 1 Disc", "Life After Death had too many fillers"

Are people kidding with that opinion? Both Disc 1 and Disc 2 equally had crazy bangers on it. I think Disc 2 is slightly weaker but it still went hard:

Disc 1 - 5 MICS
    Disc 2 - 4.5 MICS (But it's still a Classic Disc)

Big had the least amount of filler for a Double Album in Rap History. Which is why it's the shortest in song count. In honor of Big, what were your feeling when you 1st heard "LAD". For me I had a friend who actually had a bootleg with about 10 songs, the 1st song I heard was "Hypnotize" cause they were playing it on the radio and that blew me away cause his flow was crazy and his flipped the Slick Rick joint very sick. But the 1st album cut I heard was "What's Beef", no lie that song is literally "THE GODFATHER" on wax. The Strings, the lyrics, the flow, he killed that.

But the LP haunts me till this day. It really felt like Big was speaking from the grave. That's why the title is so deep to me, this album is why he's living his Life after death and why he's a Legend. "Ready To Die" would of made him a Legend for sure but I don't think he would be this big of a legend without "Life After Death. The album was so sick I do not have a "Favorite Joint", there was just to many Classic songs to name. How anyone could question this album's Classic status is laughable at this point. Especially with the albums that have dropped since 97', you be hard press to find 10 albums better in the last 14 years.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    2649809320102774342S600x600Q85.jpg

"Life After Death should of been 1 Disc", "Life After Death had too many fillers"

Are people kidding with that opinion? Both Disc 1 and Disc 2 equally had crazy bangers on it. I think Disc 2 is slightly weaker but it still went hard:

Disc 1 - 5 MICS
    Disc 2 - 4.5 MICS (But it's still a Classic Disc)

Big had the least amount of filler for a Double Album in Rap History. Which is why it's the shortest in song count. In honor of Big, what were your feeling when you 1st heard "LAD". For me I had a friend who actually had a bootleg with about 10 songs, the 1st song I heard was "Hypnotize" cause they were playing it on the radio and that blew me away cause his flow was crazy and his flipped the Slick Rick joint very sick. But the 1st album cut I heard was "What's Beef", no lie that song is literally "THE GODFATHER" on wax. The Strings, the lyrics, the flow, he killed that. But the LP haunts me till this day. It really felt like Big was speaking from the grave. That's why the title is so deep to me, this album is why he's living his Life after death and why he's a Legend. "Ready To Die" would of made him a Legend for sure but I don't think he would be this big of a legend without "Life After Death.

IDK about the disc ratings. Disc 1 has two of my fav (if not my fav) storytelling joints w/ "Somebody's Gotta Die" & "? Bleed" plus a classic collabo w/ Jay "Love The Dough"(I'm from BK so yeah u know) but disc 2 got "Notorious Thugs" which is 1 of the greatest displays of diversity in flow I've ever seen (BIG switching up from his slow flow to BTNH style) and the way he ended the album w/ "My Downfall", "Long Kiss Goodnight", & "You're Nobody" was just...damn!!! I give disc 2 the slight nod IMO.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ice Cube died?!
  • samkaveli
    samkaveli Members Posts: 572
    edited March 2011
    Big up to the NOTORIOUS B.I.G R.I.P Baby Baaabyy
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    bull6599 wrote: »
    YouTube be on that BS not having up the real vid. Here it goes though:

[video=dailymotion;xlfib]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlfib_lox-we-will-always-love-big-poppa_music[/video]

I actually liked "We'll always love Big Poppa" more than "Missing You" though both are Classics. Yo I just thought about something. Biggie had the most tribute songs of any deceased Emcee including Tupac, Eazy E, Big Pun etc. Props to the "Marching 9" for doing this joint.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x91e1d_the-marching-9-busta-rhymes-maino-r_music

THE MARCHING 9 - BUSTA RHYMES, STYLES P, SHEEK LOUCH, M.O.P., MAINO, RED CAFE, UNCLE MURDA, LIL CEASE (CANIBUS HOOK)

20090309-biggie9.jpg

How can a cover that is so plain be so artistically great? Both "Ready To Die" and "Life After Death" album covers are Classic. They need to do an interview with the "Biggie" Baby like they did for the "Nirvana" Baby.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    bull6599 wrote: »
    IDK about the disc ratings. Disc 1 has two of my fav (if not my fav) storytelling joints w/ "Somebody's Gotta Die" & "? Bleed" plus a classic collabo w/ Jay "Love The Dough"(I'm from BK so yeah u know) but disc 2 got "Notorious Thugs" which is 1 of the greatest displays of diversity in flow I've ever seen (BIG switching up from his slow flow to BTNH style) and the way he ended the album w/ "My Downfall", "Long Kiss Goodnight", & "You're Nobody" was just...damn!!! I give disc 2 the slight nod IMO.

The only reason I give Disc 1 the nod is Disc 2 had "Another" and "Nasty Boy". I don't fault "Playa Hater" like some do cause it was a joke and Big was just trying to show his humorous side and be funny. Now don't get me wrong, I know the ladies love both of those songs and Biggie still ripped it on both but I can see people feeling the production on those could of been better. The Rest of Disc 2 was fire. But Disc 1 was PERFECT, not a single weak song on the album. But I agree with you The only thing I will give "Disc 2" over "Disc 1" was the ending, I mean "My Downfall, Long Kiss Goodnight and Your Nobody Till Somebody Kills You" is the greatest ending to an album in Hip Hop History. But Disc 1 ended with Mo Money, Mo Problems, ? Bleed and I got a Story To tell, that 's a pretty sick ending also. But Disc 1 started off so damn fire, Intro, Somebody's got to die, Hypontize and Kick in the Door, DAMN. He bodied both disc, people are insane to try to deny it's Classic Status at this point.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Glad this thread got stickied
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    KimLNotoriu66015641_400.jpg

No Biggie = No Lil Kim as a Rapper or Puffy as a Rapper

[img]http://www.ice-dotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ICEDOTCOM-Jay-Z-Biggie-Mic-Geronimo-Behind-The-Scenes-of-Aint-No-? .jpg[/img]

Just so Jay Z understands the Difference between Biting Biggie and Biggin up his Brother. Here's is the great homage Jay has paid Big on wax:

"A World with Amnesia won't forget your name"
    "Flow Infinitely like the memory of my ? Biggie, Baby"
    "BK Lick Shots for Big Pop In Heaven"
    "So Throw down some ice for the nicest emcee, oh yea tell Big he's unbelievable"
    "My ? Big predicted this ? exactly, more money, more problems gotta move carefully"

biggie_smalls_canvas_art.jpg

http://twitter.com/search?q=Biggie#search?q=Christopher%20Wallace

Biggie Smalls remembered on Twitter on 14th anniversary of his death

The 14th anniversary of the death of rapper Christopher Wallace, AKA Biggie Smalls - The Notorious B.I.G, has been marked by music fans across the world on Twitter today. Christopher Wallace, AKA Biggie Smalls, was killed in 1997 '#biggieday' was one of the top trending terms on Twitter on Wednesday morning, along with 'Christopher Wallace'. Biggie fan and England captain Rio Ferdinand posted earlier:

‘Morning tweeps, its 14yrs since Notorious BIG died, #timeless The school run is all Biggie 2day no compromising with the lil men [his children] at all!!’

US rap star Diddy transformed his whole Twitter page into a tribute to Wallace, with pictures of the legendary rapper decorating his feed. He also asked his 3.4million followers to send him videos, links and photos of his former collaborator to help mark the anniversary of Biggie’s death in 1997. Diddy posted a video of The Notorious B.I.G performing a street battle at the age 17 on a street corner in Brooklyn, with the words: ‘The beginning of the legend himself’. Thousands of music fans said on Twitter that they would mark the anniversary of Biggie’s death by listening to his extraordinary catalogue of tracks.

Steeleman89 posted: ‘The amount of amazing tracks biggie made and they will never get old!!!! The guy is a ? in the music world.’

Immortalramblin, meanwhile, wrote: ‘RIP Christopher Wallace aka BIG 1 of the g8est lyricist 2 ever walk this Planet- taken away from us 14 years ago today. 2day is #biggieday.’

Biggie rose to fame as the star of the East Coast rap scene during the 1990s but it is his feud with West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur that remains the most talked about aspect of his short career. The Notorious B.I.G died at the age of 24 after being shot on March 9 1997 after leaving a party in Los Angeles. Even though he only released 2 albums, he managed to become one of the highest selling rappers of all time. His 2nd LP released shortly after his death, "Life After Death" is one of the few rap albums to sell over 10 million copies. His murder remains unsolved. Biggie's Daughter Tyanna is 17 and his Son Christopher Wallace Jr. just turned 14 this past October.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBrXb7APmEBdxz1ohzzrK3tPy0HAX8e4c9g9dv9Rn0SxR_tt4LMQ&t=1

For the 2nd Straight year in a row. Biggie is a WORLDWIDE Top Trending Topic on Twitter.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

• KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Disc 2 can't be wack.

lol not with Notorious Thugs and Sky Is The Limit.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    ]

This was Tupac's last interview on MTV before his passing. If you listen to him, he almost sounds like he was finally ready to let the beef go. I think if Pac had a little more time, Him and Big could of eventually squashed it. But he was still talkin ish in this. I reminded of a NaS line. "Thug changes and Love Changes and best friends becomes strangers".

"It's not like if we see them we are animals, we are business men"
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ]

This was Tupac's last interview on MTV before his passing. If you listen to him, he almost sounds like he was finally ready to let the beef go. I think if Pac had a little more time, Him and Big could of eventually squashed it.

"It's not like if we see them we are animals, we are business men"

not he wasn't he wasn't going to squash to the beef if u actually listen to the entire thing and put it in it's proper content u heard what he said he wasn't act like a idiot at a mtv event.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    juelz21 wrote: »
    not he wasn't he wasn't going to squash to the beef if u actually listen to the entire thing and put it in it's proper content u heard what he said he wasn't act like a idiot at a mtv event.

I listen to the whole thing, he was clearly said at the end:

"When ? go down, don't go looking at me and looking at Biggie on why it happen".

Pac was clearly saying it was the media that was causing the whole "East/West" war. (Even though he never took responsibility for "Hit Em Up"). He said he would bring if Biggie and then brought it. Obviously Big wasn't trying to bring it so if he had more time, I think he would eventually move on. I'm not saying they would do an album or song but they could of been cordial. Remember, Suge was fueling the beef, Pac had bigger plans and dreams. I love this interview cause I see some regret in him about how this whole thing has gotten out of control. Mind you he says this just days before he was shot. Both him and Big had prophecy in their rhymes and words.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I listen to the whole thing, he was clearly said at the end:

"When ? go down, don't go looking at me and looking at Biggie on why it happen".

Pac was clearly saying it was the media that was causing the whole "East/West" war. (Even though he never took responsibility for "Hit Em Up"). He said he would bring if Biggie and then brought it. Obviously Big wasn't trying to bring it so if he had more time, I think he would eventually move on. I'm not saying they would do an album or song but they could of been cordial. Remember, Suge was fueling the beef, Pac had bigger plans and dreams. I love this interview cause I see some regret in him about how this whole thing has gotten out of control. Mind you he says this just days before he was shot. Both him and Big had prophecy in their rhymes and words.

i understand u a biggie fan and all but damm don't be delusional. on some of his last tracks like for example he dissed bad boy as a whole crew on bomb first and last songs called all out and hell for a hustler the og version he was clearly dissing biggie and 2 his last intervies one he did in august disucussing Killuminati the 7 day theory he said biggie was one of the rappers he was going to diss on the album and he dissed biggie in another interview from the mtv awards.he basically said " overthrow bad boy nas and all that other ? " he wanted to get bad boy out the game.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    one of the best ever rip to the notorious b.i.g
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    R.i.p...........