FACT!!!

actually
Hybrid Theory >>>>>>> most rap albums the past ten years

Comments

• SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it didnt really have any influence on any music genre like get rich did, but ill have to go ahead and agree anyway.
    i was in sixth grade knowin every rap on that ? so its technically my first rap album
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    it didnt really have any influence on any music genre like get rich did, but ill have to go ahead and agree anyway.
    i was in sixth grade knowin every rap on that ? so its technically my first rap album

silly you,
    think hybrid theory didnt have a serious impact on the music industry

well,if you were in the 6th grade maybe you werent paying that much attention

but when hybrid theory came out and did football numbers all the labels went lookin for the next rap/metal mashup.
    bands that had no hip hop influence all of a sudden started having breakdowns,a track with a dj mix on it,and the singer started to flow with his lyrics

and as soon as linkin park stoping leaning toward hip hop so much all the other bands that copied them went back to being strictly rock acts
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well i never payed much attention to rock but im pretty sure the main rap/rock phenom came before linkin park

korn, rage, kid rocks early ? , and limp bizkit
    they just had a different angle, linkin parks rapper actually spit intelligent ? and i dont think thats been done in rock before that or since. with a rapper i mean
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wtf is hybrid theory?
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh yea im well aware that single he did "where'd you go" that was my ? in jail back in 06
    it was about missin someone on tour but when i was in there i felt it big time
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    well i never payed much attention to rock but im pretty sure the main rap/rock phenom came before linkin park

korn, rage, kid rocks early ? , and limp bizkit
    they just had a different angle, linkin parks rapper actually spit intelligent ? and i dont think thats been done in rock before that or since. with a rapper i mean

naw,
    there wasnt a boom untill Hybrid Theory did all them millions of units sold.
    Hybrid was the album that was hip hop first,then metal on top of it.
    while other rap/metal & nu-metal bands were metal/alt rock with rap sprinkled in

this is the reason Chestor Bennington(the primary singer) didnt want to be apart of the band. dude dont like hip hop and didnt want to be apart of a hip hop project.
    but they promised him the band would go from the hip hop sound over time,,,,which they did and i hate. now they sounding like a wannabe U2 & ?
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wtf is hybrid theory?

the highest selling hip hop album not associated with eminem

i think it has done like 26 million worldwide
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "remember the name" was like my theme song for parts of 06/07

especially mike's verse

"Forget Mike - Nobody really knows how or why he works so hard
    It seems like he's never got time
    Because he writes every note and he writes every line
    And I've seen him at work when that light goes on in his mind
    It's like a design is written in his head every time
    Before he even touches a key or speaks in a rhyme
    And those ? he runs with,
    The kids that he signed?
    Ridiculous, without even trying,
    How did he do it?!"
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Linkin Park >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Roots
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    naw,
    there wasnt a boom untill Hybrid Theory did all them millions of units sold.
    Hybrid was the album that was hip hop first,then metal on top of it.
    while other rap/metal & nu-metal bands were metal/alt rock with rap sprinkled in

this is the reason Chestor Bennington(the primary singer) didnt want to be apart of the band. dude dont like hip hop and didnt want to be apart of a hip hop project.
    but they promised him the band would go from the hip hop sound over time,,,,which they did and i hate. now they sounding like a wannabe U2 & ?

yea i havent checked for em since that album its all emo sounding to me without the rap.
    whats that song on i think their second album "alittle bit of disregard hand full of complaints but i cant help the fact that everyone can see these scars" in the verse
    that was my favorite song overall by them i think even though it was after hybrid theory i cant remember the name of it though ?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    they're both classics but fiddy was on his ignorant, gangsta ? while linkin park was whining about ? and society doing them wrong all over the album, so 50 wins by default.

and their new sound is trash, real ? ain't tryna hear no U2 sounding ?
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    they're both classics but fiddy was on his ignorant, gangsta ? while linkin park was whining about ? and society doing them wrong all over the album, so 50 wins by default.

and their new sound is trash, real ? ain't tryna hear no U2 sounding ?

actually
    that album was about heroin abuse and finding yourself

chester bennington revealed that most his writings come from his inner demons about his heroin abuse and abuse suffered thru childhood
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    but i think thats what makes great lyrics,
    when you can fit them into different situations

like how so many classic rock songs people think are about a relationship or some dark message towards religion and really the singer jus be making a metaphor about how his dog ran away
  • young law
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Rising Tied > Hybrid Theory

no way jose

rising tied dont even compare to F&L

rising tide is a strong 3.5 mic album

thats why i been patiently waiting for him to do another FM album so he can improve on what he did with RT