Options
2»

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    'Is It Love?' by Lamar one of my faves off the mix.

I liked it.

Yeah, we already heard that one though lol.

Next one, I'm hoping more people go independent with it and try to put people on to new artists, I discovered loads of artists with these playlists years ago, it's a great way to put people on...
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    The Essence Playlist of the Month February 2011

TheEssencePlaylistofthemonthFebruary2011.jpg

Track list:

01 Is it Love? - Kendrick Lamar Featuring Angela McCluskey
    02 Some Days Freestyle - Big K.R.I.T.
    03 Incoming Message - Son of Ran and the Messangers
    04 Evolve - Insight
    05 Lunchtyme Cypher - Malcolm & Martin
    06 365 - Black Milk
    07 Satisfaction Guaranteed - Rakim
    08 Just Wanna Know - Charon Don Featuring. Reef the Lost Cauze
    09 Street Corner - Nutso
    10 Joyful Noise - Flame, John Reilly & Lecrae
    11 Keys 2 The City - Nipsey Hussle

Big thanks to all who contributed, some stand out tracks, but no filler... well worth checking out :tu

Again, big thanks to all who contributed and please continue to listen and post feedback in the coming month :tu

We'll start it all again tomorrow!! Props.

Thanks for this drop!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Thanks for this drop!!

Get a chance to listen to it? I like it, some nice features, hoping the next one, everyone chooses some more unknown tracks, makes for a better mix!
  • traestar
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Get a chance to listen to it? I like it, some nice features, hoping the next one, everyone chooses some more unknown tracks, makes for a better mix!

I definitely will, see the reason for me not leaving feedback to the playlists is because I'm currently very buzy with school and work!
    And most of the playlists and new music that I receive are downloaded albums/mixtapes, and not currently using my media player to
    play through the tracks. It was different when I was traveling or taking the bus so I would listen through the albums and vibe out!
    Now the only time I'm able to vibe out in the car is when I get a new album CD (I have an old car). Not making excuses or anything,
    I do listen to the music, just right now I've been so buzy getting stuff in order.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I definitely will, see the reason for me not leaving feedback to the playlists is because I'm currently very buzy with school and work!
    And most of the playlists and new music that I receive are downloaded albums/mixtapes, and not currently using my media player to
    play through the tracks. It was different when I was traveling or taking the bus so I would listen through the albums and vibe out!
    Now the only time I'm able to vibe out in the car is when I get a new album CD (I have an old car). Not making excuses or anything,
    I do listen to the music, just right now I've been so buzy getting stuff in order.

Don't have to even contemplate making an excuse, I'm exactly where you are... is hectic, life in general, so when you get a chance to listen, it's appreciated :tu
  • traestar
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't have to even contemplate making an excuse, I'm exactly where you are... is hectic, life in general, so when you get a chance to listen, it's appreciated :tu
    Very glad, you understand!

I did check a few tracks before the playlist was done, that Charon Don one is my favorite right now!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very glad, you understand!

I did check a few tracks before the playlist was done, that Charon Don one is my favorite right now!!

That is a really nice track, going to let this one sit as a sticky for a week or so and then it's March time... which I'm hoping won't be CL, Monch, K.R.I.T and Zion I... but artists we don't know, but we'll see.
  • traestar
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That is a really nice track, going to let this one sit as a sticky for a week or so and then it's March time... which I'm hoping won't be CL, Monch, K.R.I.T and Zion I... but artists we don't know, but we'll see.
    I have been listening to more Live from HeadQCourterz and still listening to UGHH Radio..so I'll see what new music I can find!
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i got about 20 artist that im positive most ppl haven't heard of so i'll def drop stuff that hopefully most ppl haven't heard yet
  • traestar
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ayo RuffDraft, I have TWO EARLY bids for March Playlist

9th Wonder & Actual Proof – Let Cha Know (Ft. Big Remo)
    http://hairofthedawg.net/2011/03/9th-wonder-actual-proof-let-cha-know-ft-big-remo/

RALPH DOG – WE DON’T GIVE A ? (FEAT. SADAT X, KURIOUS, BLAQ POET, A.G., PACEWON, SEAN PRICE & PAPOOSE) (RADIO RIP)
    http://www.djpremierblog.com/2011/03/08/ralph-dog-we-dont-give-a-? -feat-sadat-x-kurious-blaq-poet-a-g-pacewon-sean-price-papoose-radio-rip/
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ayo RuffDraft, I have TWO EARLY bids for March Playlist

9th Wonder & Actual Proof – Let Cha Know (Ft. Big Remo)
    http://hairofthedawg.net/2011/03/9th-wonder-actual-proof-let-cha-know-ft-big-remo/

RALPH DOG – WE DON’T GIVE A ? (FEAT. SADAT X, KURIOUS, BLAQ POET, A.G., PACEWON, SEAN PRICE & PAPOOSE) (RADIO RIP)
    http://www.djpremierblog.com/2011/03/08/ralph-dog-we-dont-give-a-? -feat-sadat-x-kurious-blaq-poet-a-g-pacewon-sean-price-papoose-radio-rip/

Thanks Trae, was going to wait to the 14th to create the new thread, but I'll make it a day early if you've got your two already :tu