So I'm Flipping Thru TV Shows

blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited March 2011 in R&B & Alternatives

and I come across Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" video, if you have MTV Jams you know they play the Jam of The Week every damn hour on the hour, and I found it odd as ? that they block out Chris Brown saying "Yellow model chick" but Lil Wayne shouts out "What's poppin 5/nothing Slime/and if they trippin ? 'em 5" and "My flag red" with no problem...so saying you like light skinned women isn't cool but you can shout out gangs with no problem? Is that what's being said here?

Comments

• glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    blackrain wrote: »

and I come across Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" video, if you have MTV Jams you know they play the Jam of The Week every damn hour on the hour, and I found it odd as ? that they block out Chris Brown saying "Yellow model chick" but Lil Wayne shouts out "What's poppin 5/nothing Slime/and if they trippin ? 'em 5" and "My flag red" with no problem...so saying you like light skinned women isn't cool but you can shout out gangs with no problem? Is that what's being said here?

It's only not cool if you're light skin yourself. It would be okay if Lil'Wayne said it, at least from previous experience it would be.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    saying you like light skinned women isn't cool but you can shout out gangs with no problem? Is that what's being said here?

there are more vocally angry dark skinned women than anti-gang concerned parents...
  • blackrain
    edited March 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    there are more vocally angry dark skinned women than anti-gang concerned parents...

i couldn't help but laugh when I saw the ? ...it's just obvious they edited something out because it's the first line in the song...and it's ? to block that line out
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Shut up black ? .
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    MTV plays videos????
  • blackrain
    edited March 2011
    MTV plays videos????