The Official Mariah Carey Appreciation Thread.

Options
Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Mariah Carey, aka the Queen of Hip Hop Soul, inspired your favorite artists and is a legend within the game.

Pay homage to the legend.

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the ? still cant dance! haha

i see ur still up to ur usual trolling..
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    the ? still cant dance! haha

i see ur still up to ur usual trolling..

LoL. What's good, yo?

Are you still upset that Mariah influenced your favorite artists?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    posts pics or thread fail
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    posts pics or thread fail

This is a Mariah appreciation thread. We're here to appreciate her music and her impact on the game. She's a lady, first and foremost, so I will not degrade her by posting half-naked pics. So you = fail.

So anyways, where do we begin? Let's talk about how Mariah took the rap/sung collaboration mainstream. And how fellow contemporaries and those who idolized Mariah, followed suit.
  • dimples
    dimples Members Posts: 29
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    This is a Mariah appreciation thread. We're here to appreciate her music and her impact on the game. She's a lady, first and foremost, so I will not degrade her by posting half-naked pics. So you = fail.

So anyways, where do we begin? Let's talk about how Mariah took the rap/sung collaboration mainstream. And how fellow contemporaries and those who idolized Mariah, followed suit.

Lol, this looks like an exact replica of the debate that went on in a very similar thread just before the ic shut down.....& I don't get your point about not posting pics. Mariah seems to have no problem posing in clothes she has no business wearing anymore. I love me some Mariah but she needs to let that 'I'm eternally 12' thing go & stop dumbing down her music so much (well the singles she releases anyway), continuing this will only tarnish her 'legend' status. I am liking her new song though (the version without Minaj)
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dimples wrote: »
    Lol, this looks like an exact replica of the debate that went on in a very similar thread just before the ic shut down.....& I don't get your point about not posting pics. Mariah seems to have no problem posing in clothes she has no business wearing anymore. I love me some Mariah but she needs to let that 'I'm eternally 12' thing go & stop dumbing down her music so much (well the singles she releases anyway), continuing this will only tarnish her 'legend' status. I am liking her new song though (the version without Minaj)

Who were you before the IC shut down?
    And you don't have to "get it." You just have to "accept it."
  • CJ
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thread flopped i warned u ? ...this is the IC ? flock for pics
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bamagurl wrote: »
    i love mariah, always have. she gets alot of hate but she has very hateable qualities; her style of dress and trying to stay 20. but i don't care, i'm a fan and find the crazy ? she does entertaining.

I say if you got it, flaunt it.

She's not gonna have that body forever. Might as well show it off while she still has it. Nahmean?
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    thread flopped i warned u ? ...this is the IC ? flock for pics

You must not know who I am, so it's all good. I presume you to be a newbie, who just registered for the first time after the upgrade.

Let me give you forewarning...my threads NEVER flop. It's not plausible. When I make a thread, it's to generate discussion. I'm incapable of failing.

If you wanna see pics of Mariah, then I suggest you make your own thread. This thread, however, will be kept classy.

Nahmean?
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mariah is a legend but she fell off big time. 90s Mariah>> new version.
  • CJ
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You must not know who I am, so it's all good. I presume you to be a newbie, who just registered for the first time after the upgrade.

Let me give you forewarning...my threads NEVER flop. It's not plausible. When I make a thread, it's to generate discussion. I'm incapable of failing.

If you wanna see pics of Mariah, then I suggest you make your own thread. This thread, however, will be kept classy.

Nahmean?

nah i been here a yr and im still tellin u ? thirsty for pics, i wasnt sayin that for me just so this hopeless thread could do numbers....but i understand "keepin it classy"
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mariah is a legend but she fell off big time. 90s Mariah>> new version.

Funny you say that. Mariah's best album, to me, is Butterfly. That was her artistic peak right there. Classic album.
    But even in the 00's, Mariah has delivered some amazing material, and even some of her strongest. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, followed by E=MC2 are her 2nd and 3rd best albums, respectively, to me.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funny you say that. Mariah's best album, to me, is Butterfly. That was her artistic peak right there. Classic album.
    But even in the 00's, Mariah has delivered some amazing material, and even some of her strongest. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, followed by E=MC2 are her 2nd and 3rd best albums, respectively, to me.

I liked the mimi album. I havent heard much of the other two.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll give homage. In this decade in which singers have fallen off just as fast as they have gotten on (**cough, Ciara, cough***), Mariah has been a nice constant.

The real question is this: Does Mariah have the greatest voice of any singer in our generation? If not, who do you put above her?
  • Punisher__
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll give homage. In this decade in which singers have fallen off just as fast as they have gotten on (**cough, Ciara, cough***), Mariah has been a nice constant.

The real question is this: Does Mariah have the greatest voice of any singer in our generation? If not, who do you put above her?

It would be between Mariah or Christina A. I know people who put Christina above Mariah vocally, and I'm not mad at that. Because the girl can sing, and she has a nice range.
    However, me personally, I prefer Mariah's voice.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It would be between Mariah or Christina A. I know people who put Christina above Mariah vocally, and I'm not mad at that. Because the girl can sing, and she has a nice range.
    However, me personally, I prefer Mariah's voice.
    Funny because both Mariah and Xtina's voices are just about fried right now. Not to mention Xtina's never really had much control or technique to it anyways.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    good thread. I love Mariah's muic.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited February 2010
    Options
    her voice fell off :td
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator