New Masta Ace Solo Project This Spring

Options
MastaAceTheGOAT
MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
edited March 2011 in The Essence
He announced on twitter that he has a new solo project being recorded with mf doom beats. damn this is gonna be classic. with the rerelease of disposable arts this year, i cant wait

@89TilInfinity are you coming with a new solo, or are you done doing solo ? ?--> this spring a new project. Using MF Doom instrumentals!

this was posted on his twitter on march 3rd

Comments

• stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Great News.

Masta Ace over Doom beats..... sounds like a good idea, hope they execute it properly though.
  • HipHop90
    HipHop90 Members Posts: 31
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hyped about this!
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sounds good, it's been too long
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Great news, fingers crossed it's a good release and dissimilar to the work that he did with Ed. O.G. which wasn't a very accomplished album.
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Great news, fingers crossed it's a good release and dissimilar to the work that he did with Ed. O.G. which wasn't a very accomplished album.

c/s. it sounded like A&E was really rushed. although you can tell from his features that ace still has it. i'm sure it will be dope. my new most anticipated album of the year
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    c/s. it sounded like A&E was really rushed. although you can tell from his features that ace still has it. i'm sure it will be dope. my new most anticipated album of the year

Mine too, tbh. Dead online with CunninLynguists new album... Ace is one of my favourites, same as you... can't wait.

Do we know if it will follow a concept?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    first day cop!!!!!
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mine too, tbh. Dead online with CunninLynguists new album... Ace is one of my favourites, same as you... can't wait.

Do we know if it will follow a concept?

well a&e disposable arts a long hot summer and emc are so im assuming he will follow that. i can imagine it being easier to know exactly what to do with a concept
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well a&e disposable arts a long hot summer and emc are so im assuming he will follow that. i can imagine it being easier to know exactly what to do with a concept

Yeah, I do think at some point he should revisit the concept A Long Hot Summer though, I'd like to know more of what happens between him and his friend... maybe they go on tour again or whatever... would be nice. Though I can't remember the ending to A Long Hot Summer off the top.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A Long Hot Summer part 2? lol nah but Im sure itll be dope.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    siiiick! Love both artists
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    A Long Hot Summer part 2? lol nah but Im sure itll be dope.

haha no, not this release... I just mean in general... I'd like to see a sequel if he could come up with a good story, the skits on that album are incredible... he has the theme... but I'd only want him to do it if he could really make you laugh in the same way... and fit the tracks in sync with the story...
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's great news. I can't wait. Ace always drops a classic.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haha no, not this release... I just mean in general... I'd like to see a sequel if he could come up with a good story, the skits on that album are incredible... he has the theme... but I'd only want him to do it if he could really make you laugh in the same way... and fit the tracks in sync with the story...

Agreed....
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    That's great news. I can't wait. Ace always drops a classic.

It is the sleeper album announcement of the year, he must have been working on it for some time I would have thought, instant cop though. Like you say, an Ace solo joint is unmissable.
    hlf wrote: »
    Agreed....

With all the revisits lately, it wouldn't surprise me if it was announced in the future, but maybe he has another concept up his sleeve. Either way, can't wait for this now!!
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    On way to studio to lay vocals for Spring release 'MA_Doom'. Using All MF Doom classic beats! Can't wait.

another tweet from ace
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    On way to studio to lay vocals for Spring release 'MA_Doom'. Using All MF Doom classic beats! Can't wait.

another tweet from ace

Great news, keep it coming... he's hyped about it... must be good for him to release another solo... can't wait for this though, dude's one of the best.