WGN reportedly cancels WWE Superstars

Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
I was fishing through another news/rumor site and ran across this report......
Chad Ruffner sent an e-mail to WGN America concerning replays of WWE Superstars. The e-mail response noted the following:

“Our final airing of ‘WWE Superstars’ is Thursday, April 7.”

According to ProWrestling.net, WGN America confirmed that WWE Superstars has been canceled. Additional information was not provided.

WWE Superstars debuted on April 16, 2009.

And this was one of the shows that I forgot about in one of my "wall of text" rants earlier in the day. This is the 12th hour show on TV for wrestling. It's a start by cutting it, but truth be told, kats are saying that it showcased the dudes that could actually wrestle on the show. IDK, but it shows how the WWE has ? up the mindframe of the watchers when the show that showcases actual wrestling gets canceled, but the shows that display ? are on for 20 years.

Comments

• f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    that ? been cancelled in the Chi
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited March 2011
    Too bad I liked seeing the mix of up and comers and vets go at it. So what are Chris Masters, Tyler Reks, Yoshi Tatsu, and Zack Ryder gonna be doing now?

On second thought, it'll probably just be a web show like NXT now.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Dam, and i actually liked SuperStars
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Too bad I liked seeing the mix of up and comers and vets go at it. So what are Chris Masters, Tyler Reks, Yoshi Tatsu, and Zack Ryder gonna be doing now?

On second thought, it'll probably just be a web show like NXT now.

Them cats is gone end up getting them en deavours
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    oh well it might not be true
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i aint even know wgn still existed
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I didnt even know Superstars had a show
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    update on the cancellation of Superstars
    Regarding WGN America’s cancellation of WWE Superstars, the Chicago-based superstation didn’t feel they were getting what they paid for, which was a program near the level of Monday Night Raw. WGN agreed to carry the show in late 2008 with the hope it would bring ratings to their national feed, which does not have substantial clearance across cable systems in the United States.

While WWE Superstars initially featured top tier talent such as John Cena, Edge and John Morrison, it was clear from the beginning that it was a show of little consequence. For instance, the program sparingly featured storylines. Within a matter of time, it became the modern day equivalent of Sunday Night Heat, a television showcase for the organization’s preliminary talent; Zack Ryder, Tyler Reks, Primo and the brothers Uso were regularly featured in starring roles. Meanwhile, the show’s lackluster ratings were indicative of how both fans and officials alike saw it as.

Due to last month’s poor financial quarters, company officials have discussed cutting ties with a number of bottom level wrestlers following Wrestlemania XXVII as a cost-cutting measure.

This is just an excuse of endeavoring some of the talent. If they got relegated down to this show in the first place, the WWE has no plans for them at that point, and they might as well as for their own release.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    And in related news: only 12 people will notice..
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011