washing dress clothes in washer/dryer

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Fashion Forward
word a coworker of mine just admitted that he puts his dress clothes in the washer and dryer instead of putting them in the cleaners. We have a job where M-thurs its suits and then Friday its business casual. I didnt even think it was possible, I figured it was a must to put dress clothes in the cleaners

Comments

• DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It depends on whether he pulls it off or not. Is he a wrinkled mess?

Dry cleaning ain't neccessary, but it's convenient than a mugg.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think its possible, just wash em seperately. Hang them to dry, then iron them.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think its possible, just wash em seperately. Hang them to dry, then iron them.

And there you have it. Unless it's my luxury shirts, I just wash them and dry them on low heat.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    NOt supposed to dry clean your shirts that often. Ruins the quality.

I wash my good shirts dry clean my cheap ones.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    NOt supposed to dry clean your shirts that often. Ruins the quality.

I wash my good shirts dry clean my cheap ones.

What do you wash your shirts on? And how do you dry them? I assume you have your girl iron em for you or you iron em yourself??

I have kind of noticed a decline in quality of the clothes I send to the cleaner.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    What do you wash your shirts on? And how do you dry them? I assume you have your girl iron em for you or you iron em yourself??

I have kind of noticed a decline in quality of the clothes I send to the cleaner.

Delicate Wash and tumble dry. The instructions on the shirt dont lie man.

Then just iron em.. Hang em up properly.

All that steaming and ? kills your shirts long term.

AskMen.com Style Bible saved my life b.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    word a coworker of mine just admitted that he puts his dress clothes in the washer and dryer instead of putting them in the cleaners. We have a job where M-thurs its suits and then Friday its business casual. I didnt even think it was possible, I figured it was a must to put dress clothes in the cleaners

Dry cleaners every single time you want some dress clothed cleaned? Unnecessary.
    Use your hands, great tools for washing dedicates that washing machines can easily destroy.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If your suit is worth any real money your dry cleaning them. If your shirt are worth any real money your washing them gentle cycle and low heat tumble dry, Iron immediately out the dryer and hung up (wood hangers only, wire hangers are for rookies)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And there you have it. Unless it's my luxury shirts, I just wash them and dry them on low heat.
    Dry cleaners every single time you want some dress clothed cleaned? Unnecessary.
    Use your hands, great tools for washing dedicates that washing machines can easily destroy.

Yo u nggas is buggin.

If we talkin SUITS, dry clean or die.

shirts is more leeway, but SUITS? You can not put a suit in a washing machine lmao
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It takes A LOT of time to iron a dress shirt. At some point you gotta ask is that 99cent worth it, to me it is.

s/n: Anybody got one of them steamers that replaces ironing?
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what some of you don't realize is that most of these cleaners don't actually physically tell you this but a lot of them WASH your clothes in a washer and a dryer just like you would. You've got to specify you want yours DRY CLEANED at some of them.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    your not suppose to dry clean your suits too much.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    If your suit is worth any real money your dry cleaning them. If your shirt are worth any real money your washing them gentle cycle and low heat tumble dry, Iron immediately out the dryer and hung up (wood hangers only, wire hangers are for rookies)

Wood hangers for shirts??? Never heard of that before...

Man I suck at ironing but I think I probably should stop sending my dress shirts to the cleaner because I have noticed a decline. Damn I need to get a girl to cook and iron for me dun.
  • Merrykazi
    Merrykazi Members Posts: 12
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have kind of noticed a decline in quality of the clothes I send to the cleaner. If your shirt are worth any real money your washing them gentle cycle and low heat tumble dry.