Ladies: Long Term Security or Intermittent Passion?

aijalon
aijalon Members Posts: 919
edited March 2011 in The Powder Room
A question that i'd appreciate some responses to.

Would you prefer to be in a long term relationship with someone with whom you have to rationalize being with (Well he's a good provider. I know he'll never cheat on me. He worships the ground I walk on.) (They are more into you than you into them) but offer stability, their word can be trusted and you know that they'll always be there when you need them.

Or the individual who you really would like to settle down with but is only willing to offer intermittent passion and the promise of a better tomorrow whilst never fulfilling that promise.

If you could in your response give me
Your age range. (No specifics)
Your reasoning
And if you've ever been involved in one of the scenarios listed above

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ideally, I wouldn't want to be with either of the two, BUT life is anything but perfect so if I had to choose--I'd take the long term security.

I'm between 18-25.
    I chose this option because it seems like the only thing missing is maybe some "spice" and that can always be worked on. In this scenario, I have a man that loves me, provides for me, cares for me, etc....and it seems that the thrill is leaving our relationship--there are ways to get that back.

However in the second option, that man has no real desire to be with you long-term or settle down with you. So, it's fun/exciting and whatnot--but definitely not something I'd be able to deal with for the rest of my life/our relationship.

I haven't been involved in either of the scenarios.