the rise and fall of wcw

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
great documentary...? 's on netflix..

erik bischoff was that ? .... he saved and ? the company at the same time...

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Bischoff was grimey back in the day, i know Vince wanted that dude murdered. WCW screwed up when they stopped showcasing the midcard. All that talent in the company and all you wanted to show was the various incarnations of the NWO
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i saw that on netflix last weekend...good work for wwe even though they missed out on mad ? ...i know there's more to the story than whats on the documentary...damn shame eric can't work his magic like he did for wcw on tna...dude literally had vince shaking in his boots

the part that was trill about the doc when eric exposed raw by giving out the results...? GANGSTA
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    have to check this
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Not only did the NWO get stale but turning Goldberg heel wasnt a good idea either. They straight ? on Jeff Jarrett in this documentary.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Not only did the NWO get stale but turning Goldberg heel wasnt a good idea either. They straight ? on Jeff Jarrett in this documentary.

lol they said no matter how many guiters he knocked over peoples heads he never drew a dime.

it wasn't wcw fault that aol purposely sabotaged the company just to get rid of it.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    lol, i always thought jeff jarrett was severely overrated..

although i later grew to respect him..

triple h on the other hand...
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i saw that on netflix last weekend...good work for wwe even though they missed out on mad ? ...i know there's more to the story than whats on the documentary...damn shame eric can't work his magic like he did for wcw on tna...dude literally had vince shaking in his boots

the part that was trill about the doc when eric exposed raw by giving out the results...? GANGSTA

But it backfired as well. I think they said after they gave out the results prematurely millions of ppl turned from Nitro to Raw to watch ? Foley/Mankind win the WWF title for the 1st time in his career and gave MNR it's most watched main event in years.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    yeah that documentary was good as hell. hate eric if u want, but that ? single handily brought wcw out of the darkness. the thin i found interestin was how many mofos came b4 him to figure out what direction to take wcw. they had vince shook. lol. but at the end, wcw did themselves in. the nwo thing was ran into the ground. rthen russo pretty much became the grim reaper of wcw.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    bull6599 wrote: »
    But it backfired as well. I think they said after they gave out the results prematurely millions of ppl turned from Nitro to Raw to watch ? Foley/Mankind win the WWF title for the 1st time in his career and gave MNR it's most watched main event in years.

i remember that...also if tony would have kept his mouth shut...they would have drew big ratings as always for their main event...on some real ? i miss wcw...they literally had 3 hours of wrestling and different varieties...its not like nowadays when its promo, wrestle, promo, commercial, etc....it would have been interesting if wcw went through with the whole greed concept without the whole time/warner ? ...maybe they would still be in business and we would have an alternative to watch on monday nights
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The 1 thing that seperated WWF from WCW IMO was that Vince knew how to make new stars & build up from the ground whereas WCW didn't know how ir just didn't want to. If u look back @ it WCW's most recognizable stars were former WWF stars: Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, etc. The only guys they really built up were Sting & Goldberg.

Vince took The Rock & made him a star. He took guys from WCW who were not well-known or given a push like HHH, Undertaker, & Stone Cold & made them household names. WWF just seemed more built for the long run IMO.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    wcw cared too much about wwe then themselves
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    have ya'll ever read the wcw title history? from hogan lost the belt to luger in 97, that belt changed hands like 50 times? wtf? hogan was the ? that held that belt for approx a year