Do it yourself

BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If you get caught murdering someone or others, you should be sentenced to offing yourself?

How many people in that scenario do you think would actually do themselves in?

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    That's all?

So I'd get to ? as many people as I wanted, but if I got caught then I'd not only be allowed, but forced to ? myself as well?

Sounds pretty good. Spree killing made easy.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    That might work.
    I think if someone decides to murder someone they should off themselves first and if they still feel like murdering someone else then fine.

Where was your idea pre crusades/American Indian Holocaust?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    That's all?

So I'd get to ? as many people as I wanted, but if I got caught then I'd not only be allowed, but forced to ? myself as well?

Sounds pretty good. Spree killing made easy.

LOL.....exactly why I think this whole thing isn't a good idea. There are tons of spree/mass killers who already thought this idea out. They still died happy I bet.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2011
    Its a great idea, we could lock them in a room, no food/water, no bed, no toilet etc with two buttons on the wall. One labeled quick painless death and the other one long suffering death, except switch the two so that the painless one is actually the torturous one. So they could sit there and slowly starve to death or off themselves, plus we could see which suck ass took what they thought was the painless way out only to suffer badly.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Its a great idea, we could lock them in a room, no food/water, no bed, no toilet etc with two buttons on the wall. One labeled quick painless death and the other one long suffering death, except switch the two so that the painless one is actually the torturous one. So they could sit there and slowly starve to death or off themselves, plus we could see which suck ass took what they thought was the painless way out only to suffer badly.

That's very twisted of you Biblical, lol. I didn't expect that kind of meanness in you. I guess in this way it is a good idea.

It would just motivate mass/spree killers to ? themselves the quick way though = (
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2011
    That's very twisted of you Biblical, lol. I didn't expect that kind of meanness in you. I guess in this way it is a good idea.

It would just motivate mass/spree killers to ? themselves the quick way though = (

Fair is fair. If you can take another life you should at least be able to take your own, Ether knows what I'm sayin. Unfortunately a lot of people choose to murder others before themselves, so this alternative could take of that.

In a past life I was a ruthless, heartless, evil human, but I'm much better now.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Fair is fair. If you can take another life you should at least be able to take your own, Ether knows what I'm sayin. Unfortunately a lot of people choose to murder others before themselves, so this alternative could take of that.

In a past life I was a ruthless, heartless, evil human, but I'm much better now.

Very interesting, I agree with the premise that someone who kills should be ready to die themselves. For a really heinous crime, like ? before murder, I could definitely support it.

I've done some bad things in life myself, things I can never be proud of (even if I thought it was funny at the time). A part of me is still ruthless, but only when it involves my enemies. If someone doesn't make me angry, I'm the nicest guy out there. But once I'm mad, I'm Satan himself.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2011
    Very interesting, I agree with the premise that someone who kills should be ready to die themselves. For a really heinous crime, like ? before murder, I could definitely support it.

I've done some bad things in life myself, things I can never be proud of (even if I thought it was funny at the time). A part of me is still ruthless, but only when it involves my enemies. If someone doesn't make me angry, I'm the nicest guy out there. But once I'm mad, I'm Satan himself.
    First, second and third degree murderers should have to go through the chambers of death. Rapists could stay locked up indefinitely with no access to outside material, no magazines, tv, music, nothing. The only people they get to look at are guards and other rapists.
  • fiat_money
    edited March 2011
    But they wouldn't really be killing themselves at that point.

Plus you should make both buttons the long suffering death, and tell them that a longer more painful death will ? them in X amount of time if they don't choose one of the options. That way, dehydration won't be an option; although I do hear dehydration is quite agonizing.

Or give them tools to ? themselves (like a single metal spoon) instead of the buttons, and threaten them with the longer more painful death.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    First, second and third degree murderers should have to go through the chambers of death. Rapists could stay locked up indefinitely with no access to outside material, no magazines, tv, music, nothing. The only people they get to look at are guards and other rapists.

You would make one hell of a prison warden. You must be watching Lockup: Raw a lot lately.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2011
    You would make one hell of a jail warden. You must be watching Lockup: Raw a lot lately.

I don't watch any tv, ? ? me off to quick, tv is a mind game circus.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    But they wouldn't really be killing themselves at that point.

I don't want to force them the way you're saying, they'd just be left in the box until death occurred.
  • fiat_money
    edited March 2011
    ...I don't want to force them the way you're saying, they'd just be left in the box until death occurred.
    Well that sounds awfully boring.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    It sounds like a good idea...but it all depends on someone's view on death. We would probably be doing someone a favor by allowing them to ? themselves. And why get caught especially if death doesn't come fast enough under the eyes of justice. If death is going to be slow and drawn out, then the murderer may take a chance at being killed at a standoff or something.