are football players really the toughest athletes?

Options
2»

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u know what kind of punishment/fine he got for that...i really thought the ? was dead...is he paralyzed from that ?

na he didnt get punish for it..in fact the french canadians were so up set..they called 911 on the bruins player..for real!! haha it was a big thing in boston and canada....french canadians are ?

then when the canadians (the hockey team ) came back to boston after that whole thing..they got blown out like 7-0..insult to injury lol
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    def between boxing, hockey and football

x games athletes are a different type of tough though
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    rugby>>>>>>>>>>

This......them ? play full-contact football without pads!
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Concussions are serious. I don't know why taking more time off makes you less tough. If the signs aren't looking good I'd rather try and get healthy than be perceived as "tough" because I shrugged off a serious injury.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Concussions are serious. I don't know why taking more time off makes you less tough. If the signs aren't looking good I'd rather try and get healthy than be perceived as "tough" because I shrugged off a serious injury.

Cause most football players have suffered concussions since high school...and well you know in high school if you miss a game you can kiss that scholarship good bye

So their socialized to "suck up" the effects of a concussion. It's kind of like a rights of passage thing.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hockey players hands down....Shawn thornton of the bruins caught a skate to the forehead that needed 40 ? stitches, and all he was thinking about was kicking a ? ass that said something funny from the bench....? was comedy....but dude had meat hanging and didnt give a ?